• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Mordent99

Banned
How about instead of talking the wrestling part(which shouldn't be a political thing anyway), and more so on the fact that this another example on how trumps "drain the swamp" promises is a complete lie.

Okay I will.

Linda McMahan is part of a corporation known for badly mistreating female employees.

She classifies wrestlers as "independent contractors" rather than employees. The classification spared the company from paying Social Security, Medicare and unemployment insurance for wrestlers. Which may have been intentional.

Under McMahon's tenure, WWE became one of the largest recipients of special tax credits for film and TV production granted by the State of Connecticut.

During her 2010 campaign, Blumenthal's campaign criticized her and WWE for accepting the tax credits while laying off workers in 2009.

In short, she's as much a greedy corporate shark as Trump is.

Also, during an investigation by the Oversight and Government Reform Committee involving steroid usage in the wrestling industry, she and her husband were called as witnesses. It was revealed that 75 WWE wrestlers (roughly 40%) under her employ had tested positive for drug use since 2006, most commonly for steroids.

McMahon was asked why there had been no follow-up during a televised interview with CBS Face the State on January 20, 2010 and responded, "There's not been any follow-up from any of the inquiries that were made because I believe we had furnished thousands of documents and testimony for them, and I think if they looked at our policy and really delved into it, they would be very satisfied."

In other words, "not my problem".

She doesn't seem to care that her employees were doping up.

That enough criticism?

More importantly, isn't she supposed to head something related to small business? Coming from the biggest of the wrestling... uh, groups?

Calling the WWE a "small business" s like calling the Statue of Liberty a paperweight.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Donald Trump is expected to pick climate science denier and fossil fuel advocate Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers to lead the U.S. Department of the Interior. It's sad that the shock is going away from these awful choices.

In other news the CIA confirmed Russia had a hand in the election.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
Donald Trump is expected to pick climate science denier and fossil fuel advocate Congresswoman Cathy McMorris Rodgers to lead the U.S. Department of the Interior. It's sad that the shock is going away from these awful choices.

...If russia had cheated it so hillary won, it would be the start of ww3. Cheated for trump to win and I haven't heard a single republican cry about it

bobjr

Staff member
...If russia had cheated it so hillary won, it would be the start of ww3. Cheated for trump to win and I haven't heard a single republican cry about it

The party that whined and cried and almost lucked into getting everything isn't going to complain.

Also they've started to release Social Security reforms and it looks like it's going to be cut by 35-50% per person by 2019 if passed. I swear old people are the most accelerationist people on the planet if they're willing to screw themselves over the time they have left.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
The party that whined and cried and almost lucked into getting everything isn't going to complain.

Also they've started to release Social Security reforms and it looks like it's going to be cut by 35-50% per person by 2019 if passed. I swear old people are the most accelerationist people on the planet if they're willing to screw themselves over the time they have left.

Its really absurd that anyone could be for cutting social security. Like who knows anyone on social security who isn't one late check from starving? The old people I know on it are literally desperate for it by the time it rolls around every month, and I can't really imagine telling them its going to be cut by a third or half.

But I guess these are the same people who are fine with spending oodles on military but complain about .01% of the governments funding going towards making sure people don't starve to death in the form of food stamps.

bobjr

Staff member
Its really absurd that anyone could be for cutting social security. Like who knows anyone on social security who isn't one late check from starving? The old people I know on it are literally desperate for it by the time it rolls around every month, and I can't really imagine telling them its going to be cut by a third or half.

But I guess these are the same people who are fine with spending oodles on military but complain about .01% of the governments funding going towards making sure people don't starve to death in the form of food stamps.

I mean when they learned they could basically say anything and not get the blame why not do it now in their eyes? They could even blame it on something unrelated like public schools or Obamacare and odds are they won't get the majority blame.

pokemonjeff

interested trader
I mean when they learned they could basically say anything and not get the blame why not do it now in their eyes? They could even blame it on something unrelated like public schools or Obamacare and odds are they won't get the majority blame.

I'm really curious if russia being proven to have cheated and helped tip the election will have the results overturned in the end though.

I don't think we have any hope for congress or senate being overturned, but we gotta start somewhere.

Mordent99

Banned
I'm really curious if russia being proven to have cheated and helped tip the election will have the results overturned in the end though.

I don't think we have any hope for congress or senate being overturned, but we gotta start somewhere.

If they did, Trump should go to jail, as should Pence and Kelly.

And as for Republicans not whining, oh yes they are, many keep spouting about "illegals voting" and costing Trump the popular vote. They don't know when to quit.

Torpoleon

If they did, Trump should go to jail, as should Pence and Kelly.

And as for Republicans not whining, oh yes they are, many keep spouting about "illegals voting" and costing Trump the popular vote. They don't know when to quit.
Maybe Hillary should go to jail for accepting money from Saudi Arabia, a country that is (according to Hillary a leaked e-mail) is funding ISIS.

Illegals actually DID vote in this election and they have voted in past elections too. http://www.investors.com/politics/e...llions-of-illegals-probably-did-vote-in-2016/

Remix2

Umm do they have prove or are they saying it because the establishment democrats want to blame everyone but themselves?

Then again, you shouldn't be putting your trust on a agency that is well know for overthrowing democratic presidents and putting in brutal dictators.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
Maybe Hillary should go to jail for accepting money from Saudi Arabia, a country that is (according to Hillary a leaked e-mail) is funding ISIS.

That doesn't really matter now does it?

Illegals actually DID vote in this election and they have voted in past elections too. http://www.investors.com/politics/e...llions-of-illegals-probably-did-vote-in-2016/

http://www.snopes.com/three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/ Even if they did it was hardly a drop in the bucket. It's more lies and propaganda.

Umm do they have prove or are they saying it because the establishment democrats want to blame everyone but themselves?

Then again, you shouldn't be putting your trust on a agency that is well know for overthrowing democratic presidents and putting in brutal dictators.

They have enough proof to publish a report, and the CIA, as bad as it can be, wouldn't just throw this out without anything backing it up. Even obvious stuff like former Putin staff becoming Trump advisors.

All that overthrowing stuff was done by approval of the presidents, especially Reagan. They wouldn't do that to their own country considering what could happen to them.

Last edited:
I don't really understand the probe into Russia's involvement unless they intend on challenging the results of the election with it. McConnel will also just block the CIA from disclosing its full report. Republicans have become next to comic book villians, it's an absolute mad house.

I do sympathize with remix a lot in that we're super eager to blame everyone else and not the problems inherent in the candidate that we picked. Populist and anti-establishment sentiment reached a fever pitch this election cycle and part of the reason she lost is because she adapted very poorly to it. When I talk to Trump supporters in my state at least, most of them aren't light a burning cross in your backyard racist. I even spoke to a few of them who were black. Their reasoning was all the same. If I may paraphrase "Sure, Trump is racist and sexist, but Clinton knows who her masters are. Trump means business." I think that's the crux of why she lost. She did a piss poor job of persuading people she'd stand up to oligarchy and while I still want her desperately over Trump, I think she's a coward who hasn't made a politically brave decision her entire career. Where even is she now? She hasn't said anything since she lost, you would think she would be more free to speak her mind on certain matters like say, I don't know, the DAPL? Nah, nothing like that. Just a bunch of whining about how fake news cost her the election. It's always good to see that progressive conviction keep burn'n on. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
I don't really understand the probe into Russia's involvement unless they intend on challenging the results of the election with it. McConnel will also just block the CIA from disclosing its full report.Republicans have become next to comic book villians, it's an absolute mad house.

And the inmates are running it.

Torpoleon

That doesn't really matter now does it?
And why wouldn't it matter? Because she ultimately lost? Can't believe you'd say that it doesn't matter that a presidential candidate got money from a country that funds a terrorist organization (and this was known before the election took place). What would you have said if someone told you about her ties to Saudi Arabia before 11/8?

bobjr said:
http://www.snopes.com/three-million-votes-in-presidential-election-cast-by-illegal-aliens/ Even if they did it was hardly a drop in the bucket. It's more lies and propaganda.
Actually, 3 million illegals voting does matter and is more than just a drop in the bucket. Hillary's lead is about 2.3 million votes.....and it should be obvious that illegals would never vote for Trump.

bobjr said:
They have enough proof to publish a report, and the CIA, as bad as it can be, wouldn't just throw this out without anything backing it up. Even obvious stuff like former Putin staff becoming Trump advisors.
FBI Director Comey already confirmed that there was no link between Trump & Russia though. I know liberals probably wouldn't want to believe what Comey says because I'm sure they are unhappy that he reopened the e-mail case shortly before the election (and then subsequently closed it several days later).

Would just like to point out that the White House has even insisted a couple of weeks ago that hackers didn't influence the election. Obama even told Trump on October 18 to stop whining about a rigged election and now you have democrats who can't stop whining and are trying to discredit the election results.

Actually, 3 million illegals voting does matter and is more than just a drop in the bucket. Hillary's lead is about 2.3 million votes.....and it should be obvious that illegals would never vote for Trump.

If you don't have any evidence to back this up it's nothing more than a conspiracy theory on par with Clinton supposedly running an underground child sex ring from a pizza shop. In fact, most cases of voter fraud in this election that were found out and prosecuted were ironically from Trump supporters.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-voting-twice-in-iowa/?utm_term=.b740ada2d0df

There's nothing to back up Trump's claim.

http://www.factcheck.org/2016/11/trump-sticks-with-bogus-voter-fraud-claims/

I'm pretty much saying the exact same thing bobjr did, it's just a different source. Just because there's a lot of illegals in this country doesn't mean they cost Trump the popular vote. Just because something seems like it might be the case doesn't mean it is. In this case it's concretely not. This isn't even about being democrat or republican anymore, this is about having the ability to take in new information that contradicts your views and form new, improved opinions based on that information. The conservative right is proving over and over again that they can't do this. Republicans coming to gut social security and Medicare? Well, it wouldn't have had to happen if Obama didn't love government spending! Trump filling his cabinet with a bunch of rich assholes that plan on pillaging what's left of the middle class? No worries, we want America to be ran like a business - if they're all super rich they're going to make US super rich. Threatening war and blatant disregard for the Geneva conventions? Well good, America is about kicking ass and we can't have the world seeing as a bunch of pussies.

I give up Trump supporters. I really do. It's gotten to the point where he's a quasi religious figure who can't be separated from an individuals conviction of what America means to them and there's nothing he could do that would make them turn their back on him. No matter how much he screws you, you'll just defer it to some other target.

FBI Director Comey already confirmed that there was no link between Trump & Russia though. I know liberals probably wouldn't want to believe what Comey says because I'm sure they are unhappy that he reopened the e-mail case shortly before the election (and then subsequently closed it several days later).

Would just like to point out that the White House has even insisted a couple of weeks ago that hackers didn't influence the election. Obama even told Trump on October 18 to stop whining about a rigged election and now you have democrats who can't stop whining and are trying to discredit the election results.

And why the **** would you trust Comey? A dude with a Trump/Pence sign posted outside of his big *** mansion over an investigation from a clandestine organization like the C.I.A. which makes the folks at the F.B.I. look like amateurs at what they do? He's partisan as ****. If you don't want to see for yourself what's in that report and take it seriously because Comey is a good guy and wouldn't screw you, you're a bit too trusting. Obviously, new evidence has cropped up. Obama was the one that launched this new investigation and we have little reason to believe that it's for political purposes considering he was really insistent that the country unite and accept Trump's victory, his main focus being on a smooth transition of power. If what Harry Reid says is true, Comey not only had evidence of Russian interference prior to election day and refused to do nothing but went a step further and colluded with them. The fact Republicans intend on blocking the disclosure of this report should have a billion red flags blowing up in your brain. WHY AREN'T THEY?

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

I'll just let you get right to proving that, then.

e: To clarify so you don't just link back to the same source (which, frankly, I don't trust much further that I can throw it): I'm also talking about the second part. It "should be obvious" that illegal aliens would never vote for Trump, but it also "should be obvious" that women would never vote for the ****ing rapist, either, and you can see how that turned out.

Last edited:
Investors Business Daily...yeah that sounds like a site ran by hedgefund types that practice their wine glass power swirl. No vested interest there.

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Investors Business Daily...yeah that sounds like a site ran by hedgefund types that practice their wine glass power swirl. No vested interest there.

Besides, Snopes is usually pretty on the ball about this stuff. I guess that's a consequence of being in the pocket of Big Reality though

Haha, yes, snopes is about as neutral as they come. It's in the same bandwagon as PBS or CSPAN really.

On a different note, I am really hoping that someone is courageous enough to leak the details of that report if congress is successful in blocking its disclosure.

Mordent99

Banned
Actually, 3 million illegals voting does matter and is more than just a drop in the bucket. Hillary's lead is about 2.3 million votes.....and it should be obvious that illegals would never vote for Trump. .

Yeah, it would be an issue had Trump not pulled that accusation out of his ***. I have yet to see him present even ONE piece of data to support it.