• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Remix2

I'm still surprised that we still having a debate on healthcare when it obviously that single payer healthcare is the best option by a long shot.

but that what happened when big pharm bought out the politicians.

Mordent99

Banned
I'm still surprised that we still having a debate on healthcare when it obviously that single payer healthcare is the best option by a long shot.

but that what happened when big pharm bought out the politicians.

Remix, to be honest, there are lots of things happening that, five years ago, I'd never assume a politician would stoop to. (Arguing the benefits of torture should have disqualified Trump right away.)

Ereshkigal

Landslide victory?? He lost the popular vote by 3 million votes. He's the most minor minority President in history, having won by a technicality.

That's why I specified "Republican Party" and not "Trump." As in, they pretty much control the entire government.

I guess he meant landslide just with RNC taking congress, pres, and supreme court. Even though house, senate, and pres were all minor victories....they all were victories and it's bad.

I don't even see it as a landslide there, seeing as they can't govern in the least.

And now, Trump has the worst favorability rating in history.

Know what a "pyrrhic victory" is?

I think you're misreading the situation badly. They don't need this to be a victory that assures them dominance via normal democratic processes. They just needed it to get them into power with someone in charge who would be willing to ensure they maintain dominance, even if they destroy normal democratic processes to do so. Which is what they're in the process of doing.

This bill is terrible, and is only going to hurt the lower classes even more.

"(4) by instituting a tax on unearned income"

Unearned income in America is primarily unemployment compensation, social security benefits, pensions, and cancellations of debt. It's typically the lower classes who end up with all four of those; the rich often don't. Which means those lower classes are going to be shouldering the majority of the bill for this.

Mordent99

Banned
That's why I specified "Republican Party" and not "Trump." As in, they pretty much control the entire government.

They can't even "control" their own members.

The repeal of Obamacare was their biggest goal and biggest dream for the past seven years, and it took two months of Trump to kill it. Even with a majority in the House and Senate, they failed.

Failed? No, they epically failed. They couldn't even get it out of the House this time.

Know why? Because Ryan and his cronies could sit on their butts and vote "Nay" pretty easily. Now? They have to govern, meaning they have to WORK.

And they can't do that, because Trump is the laziest, most dishonest, most incompetent FOOL to become President in this country's history.

All because they couldn't stand the thought of a black man overshadowing them and showing common decency to the poor.

Last edited:

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

Unearned income in America is primarily unemployment compensation, social security benefits, pensions, and cancellations of debt. It's typically the lower classes who end up with all four of those; the rich often don't. Which means those lower classes are going to be shouldering the majority of the bill for this.

I see it as going for things other than lower class options, because that would be another disaster, and while Dems can make dumb moves they wouldn't be that dumb.

Also it turns out this Healthcare thing might potentially be the biggest broken promise in US Political history, according to time spent on it and how much focus was on it.

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

The democrats tend to stumble a little bit anyway when they start on something these days. Can't say as I'm surprised.

Ereshkigal

They can't even "control" their own members.

The repeal of Obamacare was their biggest goal and biggest dream for the past seven years, and it took two months of Trump to kill it. Even with a majority in the House and Senate, they failed.

Failed? No, they epically failed. They couldn't even get it out of the House this time.

Know why? Because Ryan and his cronies could sit on their butts and vote "Nay" pretty easily. Now? They have to govern, meaning they have to WORK.

And they can't do that, because Trump is the laziest, most dishonest, most incompetent FOOL to become President in this country's history.

All because they couldn't stand the thought of a black man overshadowing them and showing common decency to the poor.

Ah. So we're repeating the Hillary Clinton Healthcare Mistake. You know, the one where thinking that just because it was shut down once means it's dead and buried.

I see it as going for things other than lower class options, because that would be another disaster, and while Dems can make dumb moves they wouldn't be that dumb.

Also it turns out this Healthcare thing might potentially be the biggest broken promise in US Political history, according to time spent on it and how much focus was on it.

It was going to be anyway. As much as I love the ACA in theory, it is not a functional long-term system that will do anything except benefit the rich. A lot of it was written by Republicans when Obama's original healthcare plan failed to move through Congress. The same Republicans who later led their party to, en mass, start the opposition to it we're still facing.

Yes, the entire healthcare issue is the biggest broken promise in American Presidential history. But that's on Obama's head, not Trump's. Obama had a chance to play hardball on this and get Americans the system we need; he was too focused on getting any system through in a timely fashion, rather than fight for a good system. The repeal and replace plan trumpeted by Trump is not a broken promise, but a political inevitability; eventually, no matter which party is in power, the ACA will have to be repealed and replaced. Trump and his cronies are just trying to make certain they do it first so they can claim the credit.

And we need a system that focuses on benefiting the poor. Without one, the health conditions they face will only put them even further into Republican pockets and make certain the Republican party has an even stronger base next time. The Republicans are playing the long game; it's time we stopped being short-sighted and fighting for short-term victories. After all, short-term victories are how we got into this mess to begin with.

And, really, given it's obvious the rich won't back it and the poor have every reason not to, what makes you think that healthcare bill has a chance of passing?

The democrats tend to stumble a little bit anyway when they start on something these days. Can't say as I'm surprised.

It's to the point that I've seen people who are falling-down drunk stumble less. This health bill? It's dead in the water. The rich won't back it because they don't want those taxes and the poor won't back it because they don't want to end up paying for the system. And the middle class is pretty much too small to actually matter anymore.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
Obama did an excellent job considering the obstructionist congress he had to work with, and a public willing to believe crazy accusations and lies from people like Trump.

I guarantee everyone here that for every lie you can prove Obama made I can list at least three that Trump has made.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Ah. So we're repeating the Hillary Clinton Healthcare Mistake. You know, the one where thinking that just because it was shut down once means it's dead and buried.

It was going to be anyway. As much as I love the ACA in theory, it is not a functional long-term system that will do anything except benefit the rich. A lot of it was written by Republicans when Obama's original healthcare plan failed to move through Congress. The same Republicans who later led their party to, en mass, start the opposition to it we're still facing.

Yes, the entire healthcare issue is the biggest broken promise in American Presidential history. But that's on Obama's head, not Trump's. Obama had a chance to play hardball on this and get Americans the system we need; he was too focused on getting any system through in a timely fashion, rather than fight for a good system. The repeal and replace plan trumpeted by Trump is not a broken promise, but a political inevitability; eventually, no matter which party is in power, the ACA will have to be repealed and replaced. Trump and his cronies are just trying to make certain they do it first so they can claim the credit.

And we need a system that focuses on benefiting the poor. Without one, the health conditions they face will only put them even further into Republican pockets and make certain the Republican party has an even stronger base next time. The Republicans are playing the long game; it's time we stopped being short-sighted and fighting for short-term victories. After all, short-term victories are how we got into this mess to begin with.

And, really, given it's obvious the rich won't back it and the poor have every reason not to, what makes you think that healthcare bill has a chance of passing?

It's to the point that I've seen people who are falling-down drunk stumble less. This health bill? It's dead in the water. The rich won't back it because they don't want those taxes and the poor won't back it because they don't want to end up paying for the system. And the middle class is pretty much too small to actually matter anymore.

How about single payer, like the rest of the world?

bobjr

Staff member
Turns out 81% of Democrats support that bill, but like most bills it would get changed and altered so any obvious bad things would get removed.

And people do underestimate how things lined up for the ACA. Obama is partially to blame for trying to reach out to a party that would have never helped him one bit, but there was a 2 month window and something had to be done. It was an imperfect solution, but it was way more bad than good.

Plus in Israel/Palestine news turns out 70% of Americans just want to stay out of it completely. Only about 20% are in hard support of Israel now.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Only way we get single payer care is when we have a mostly liberal-leaning country. It's a pipe dream.

Mordent99

Banned
Here's another pipe dream. We should throw the Constitution away.

I'm dead serious. People scream about "trampling on the Constitution", doing things that are "un-Constitutional", but the sad fact is, the Constitution is a 200-year-old document written back when automobiles and running water were things people couldn't conceive, let alone build. Modern laws often break the spirit of its rules while following the letter of it.

The Constitution is due for a 2.0 edition to protect the concepts it was designed for, but fat-headed and greedy men won't do that so long as it gets easier and easier to exploit its loopholes with each passing year.

bobjr

Staff member
So on top of the private meetings with Nunes White House staff are now destroying a bunch of phones/documents. Which totally isn't suspicious.

Ereshkigal

Obama did an excellent job considering the obstructionist congress he had to work with, and a public willing to believe crazy accusations and lies from people like Trump.

I guarantee everyone here that for every lie you can prove Obama made I can list at least three that Trump has made.

Considering Obama did a far better job of working around that same Congress and party in his own Presidency? No, he did not do an excellent job. At best, he did a poor job.

And, your defense of Obama in that second sentence amounts to, "my preference is better because he's less of a scumbag than the one currently in office." Which, in this case, is tantamount to admitting Obama was a terrible President. After all, if you have to make him look good by comparing him to the worst, what does that say about Obama?

How about single payer, like the rest of the world?

When has copying the rest of the world ever worked out for Americans?

Turns out 81% of Democrats support that bill, but like most bills it would get changed and altered so any obvious bad things would get removed.

And people do underestimate how things lined up for the ACA. Obama is partially to blame for trying to reach out to a party that would have never helped him one bit, but there was a 2 month window and something had to be done. It was an imperfect solution, but it was way more bad than good.

Plus in Israel/Palestine news turns out 70% of Americans just want to stay out of it completely. Only about 20% are in hard support of Israel now.

I don't think some of the truly awful provisions will go away. Remember, Republicans will have their hands on it before it passes.

I agree with staying out of the Israel situation. This is kinda a situation where you can't pick a right choice.

So on top of the private meetings with Nunes White House staff are now destroying a bunch of phones/documents. Which totally isn't suspicious.

Maybe we're lucky and they're destroying Trump's tweeting phones and paper copies of his Twitter password? (Pleasebetruepleasebetruepleasebetrue)

bobjr

Staff member
This kinda flew under the radar but today Trump signed a bill getting rid of equal pay and worker safety regulations in federal organizations, along with removing protections on endangered and hibernating animals.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
When has copying the rest of the world ever worked out for Americans?

Can you give examples where it didn't work out?

There is no way this is something that wouldn't work perfectly for everyone....well except big pharma and the corporations.

bobjr

Staff member
So turns out now only about 50% of Americans think Climate change is an actual thing. The other half are split between what Gallup calls "Cool Skeptics" and the "Mixed Middle." Concerned Believers are also weighted a bit more toward women and young adults, while the profile of Cool Skeptics skews decidedly male and older.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/us-senate-set-to-approve-montenegro-s-nato-bid-03-28-2017
Looks like its pretty much over. US and Spain have not voted this on higher chambers yet, but pretty soon Montenegro will become part of NATO, and two years later, EU.

Bosnia I suspect will be the next for NATO, and for EU, Serbia(for UN recognition of Kosovo). After that Macedonia/Vardask should become the focus for both, and then, Kosovo.

If things continue as planned, as I can see integrating former communist states Georgia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Moldova to West will likely fall to a Democratic President, and will likely require some sort of armed conflict with Russia or recognition of its satellite states(and Artsakh) in these regions.

bobjr

Staff member
Nunes cancelled all Intel Committee meetings for the week. He is literally going out of his way to make things worse for both Trump and himself.

Mordent99

Banned
Ereshkigal, stop and listen to yourself for a minute, okay?

I am not "defending Obama" for anything. I'm lucid enough to know that this has nothing to do with Obama.

Trump has made claims that amount to political quackery, and tried using it to justify a healthcare bill that would have left 26 million people with no treatment. You guys talk of costs and entitlements, forgetting that people will die without treatment.

Children with cancer, senior citizens with Alzheimer's disease, women with breast and ovarian cancer, men with prostate cancer, they all would DIE if this bill had been passed. Does DEATH mean a thing to you all?

You claim to be pro life, but the bill would have eliminated maternity leave and obstetrician care. THINK about it. Think of how many women would miscarry or self-abort due to being unable to afford an obstetrician and not being able to follow proper dietary and hygiene required to keep an unborn child healthy.

You claim minimum wage isn't a right and that "burger flippers don't deserve the privilege," but just TRY paying a dentist to repair a chipped tooth when you make $7.50 an hour. You can't LIVE on that and expect to pay for medicine.

You always give us the numbers and costs, but forget, people are not statistics, people are real. And the suffering and DEATH that would occur if the ACA was taken would be VERY real.