• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So Paul Ryan outright said today he doesn't want trump or any other republicans to reach out to democrats at all because he doesn't think the government should be involved at all in healthcare.

Yet people wonder why the country is more divided than ever.

Mordent99

Banned
If Trump does, indeed, desire to challenge the laughably-named Freedom Caucus, my message to him is, "good luck, you'll need it."

Everyone, including more lucid Republicans, have tried fighting them for years. It's why Boehner quit, remember?

If he can, more power to him. I doubt he can.

Mordent99

Banned
If Trump does, indeed, desire to challenge the laughably-named Freedom Caucus, my message to him is, "good luck, you'll need it."

Everyone, including more lucid Republicans, have tried fighting them for years. It's why Boehner quit, remember?

If he can, more power to him. I doubt he can.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
can someone tell bernie sanders to stop telling marginalized groups what is and isn't racist or that our concerns about our oppression is just a distraction. thanks.

Pikachu52

I've seen a few articles now discussing the fact Mike Pence won't eat dinner alone with women other than his wife, the best being in the Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2017/03/pences-gender-segregated-dinners/521286/; https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/03/pence-wife-billy-graham-rule/521298/

Evangelical preacher Billy Graham used to have the same personal policy - he would never be alone with any woman except his wife. Graham writing in his autobiography that he was worried about quote unquote, the "the temptations of sexual immorality." That's clearly problematic - it's perpetuating the belief that being around women is inherently a temptation to men, and the notion that men can't help their actions when it comes to intimate relations.

It's also perpetuating the false notion that men and women can't simply just be friends and enjoy spending time together without it being inherently romantic. That false understanding can become particularly toxic when applied to public figures - For example here in Australia, claims by a journalist that the former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott had been seen at a restaurant with his Chief of Staff Peta Credlin where he'd eaten something off her fork led to allegations that the two were having an affair and some, I'll say interesting, comments on Social media. I can see someone in Mike Pence's position wanting to avoid that sort of media discussion. A hard line Evangelical governor with traditionalist and certainly homophobic views about marriage and family caught having an affair would give the papers a field day.

But still, as the two Atlantic articles point out, the notion is inherently sexist and brings about negative consequences. If he doesn't want to eat alone with women, how is Pence, the Vice President, supposed to meet with female Legislators, staffers, lobbyists ect, particularly in an environment like Washington where a lot of deal making is done in those informal settings. President's have been known for instance to give rides in Air Force One to Members of Congress to get them onboard with legislation.

Mordent99

Banned
April 27th. Last day of Trump's 100 days.

Should the government shut down this time, due to Trump's attempts to revise the tax code, the Republicans will take complete blame.

With no money for Trump's Wall, and no money to defund Planned Parenthood.

Drip, drip, drip.

Void Ventus

Sic Parvis Magna
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-pulls-back-obama-era-protections-women-workers-n741041

By overturning the Fair Pay order, Trump made it possible for businesses with federal contracts to continue forcing sexual harassment cases like Carlson's into secret proceedings — where the public, and other employees, may never find out about rampant sex discrimination claims at a company.

The other result of Trump's executive order on federal contractors was lifting a mandate on paycheck transparency, or requiring employers to detail earnings, pay scales, salaries, and other details. The Fair Pay order Trump overturned was one of the few ways to ensure companies were paying women workers equally to their male colleagues.

Pfft women. How about they go back to the kitchen making my sandwich and taking care of babies, amirite brosephs? *tips fedora, combs neckbeard*

F*ck Trump.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I do like how we have people who act like taking these regulations away actually helps women, that these people will suddenly treat women better out of the good of their heart without rules and regulations.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I do like how we have people who act like taking these regulations away actually helps women, that these people will suddenly treat women better out of the good of their heart without rules and regulations.

Nah, it is more of a wishful thinking for more woman oligarchs appearing out of deregulation.

Mordent99

Banned
Again, I will reassert my claim that I am a Hillary voter who regrets NOTHING.

PsychoBoost

Carbon Dioxide
can someone tell bernie sanders to stop telling marginalized groups what is and isn't racist or that our concerns about our oppression is just a distraction. thanks.
He's a Jew, whose early concern with politics involved fear of the Holocaust... He also has a good record of participation in such things. He's not an outsider to that struggle, marginalised groups can't show solidarity if they cant communicate on these issues.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
These new laws are so going to increase protests all over, I bet you that.

Nah, they will just increase the intensity of the ongoing protests in their specific areas. You still won't see much protests in Wyoming or Kansas.