• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
We've passed civilian deaths in the Middle East during the entire 8 years of Obama already, and I know one of the worst things people never liked to talk about his presidency was drone strikes killing civilians.

bobjr

Staff member
I mean one part of the whole Russia thing that isn't talked about is several GOP House members and Senators also have russian payments. That's part of the reason they want this shut down.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5zH7HvWUAE9cZM.jpg

Mike Pence once had some harsh words about the movie Mulan. He's like a 90's version of redpill.

I'm like a few weeks late on this, but good lord, the story of Mulan is about women doing anything men can because of her dedication to her family. It was a ballad meant to deconstruct the idea that males would get favorable treatment in the family. This is a level of totally missing the point I've ever seen.

Mordent99

Banned
A lot of folks are calling it ironic that a John McCain is holding up the vote to repeal the ACA due to his bad health.

Know what I find more ironic?

Gabby Giffords managed to come in to vote for the ACA despite recovering from the attack of a would-be assassin. She had a bullet wound to the head, and still came in to vote for a vital bill. McCain, on the other hand, has a blood clot (a common ailment for a man like him) and won't come in to repeal the law.

Or maybe it's not ironic. Maybe McConnell is just using it as an excuse to chicken out.

And as for Mulan, I should note she's one of the few Chinese historical heroines that their government freely admits did exist. They publicly claimed she was real, and was a soldier. Which is odd, seeing as they tend to deny the existence of heroes who challenge the status quo.

Edit: "Redpill"? Who's that?

Last edited:

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Senators Lee and Moran have announced they will vote No on the senate healthcare bill.

With those two No votes along with the previous two No votes, and no Independents and Democrats signing onto it, obviously, the healthcare bill is currently DOA to even approach debate.

bobjr

Staff member
The funny thing is Lee said no because it doesn't go far enough.

Though one scary thing I found out is half of Republicans don't believe pre-existing conditions should be covered.

Last edited:

pokemonjeff

interested trader
The funny thing is Lee said no because it doesn't go far enough.

Though one scary thing I found out is half of Republicans don't believe pre-existing conditions should be covered.

Whats even scarier is what they consider to be a pre-existing condition. On their magic list was some astounding things like anxiety and giving birth. I am not sure I've ever met someone who isn't on their list.

Mordent99

Banned
Well, the plan is dead now. McConnell has thrown in the towel.

And Trump? Gov. Christie is turning against him, and the Wall Street Journal is no longer pulling punches. Even Fox News is saying a criminal investigation is justified. Those five GOP Senators he called "dopes" last night are finally speaking out about how they feel about him.

Trump is, IMOHO, a real-life version of Joffery Baratheon. He's trying to rule through Machiavellianism, but he fails to realize that nobody is afraid of him, nor does anyone like him. He has complete and utter ignorance of how politics work.

He thinks this is some reality show, but if it was, I'd change channels.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
In a PPP poll the theoretical candidate that does best against Trump in 2020 is Joe Biden, followed by Bernie Sanders. Elizabeth Warren, Cory Booker, Kamilla Harris, and Mark Zuckerberg all tie or are one point off.

Also in a CBO score of a straight repeal 20 million will lose insurance by the first year alone, followed by an unknown amount as insurance companies run into trouble from lack of people. People seem to forget that the ACA was kind of a bailout for the insurance industry.

Last edited:
Cory Booker can get stuffed.

Mark Zuckerberg is a bit of a mixed bag. He's definitely a corporatist but not so much so that he's willing to take the whole country down for profits - there's some wisdom to him. What appeals to me most about him is that he would be the most technologically visionary out of all these candidates. I could really see the U.S. making some ground breaking advances under his administration. Everyone else I'm okay with, though I need to do more research on Kamilla Harris. I haven't heard of her.

bobjr

Staff member
I wish Warren was a better matchup, but I'm convinced there's a fairly significant portion of voters that won't vote for a woman, especially since we'll see "Hillary 2.0" stuff regardless of her views.

Zuckerberg I don't like only because of the techbro libertarian style, where they do gut regulations and go all in for the free market.

Pikachu52

Mark Zuckerberg is a bit of a mixed bag. He's definitely a corporatist but not so much so that he's willing to take the whole country down for profits - there's some wisdom to him. What appeals to me most about him is that he would be the most technologically visionary out of all these candidates. I could really see the U.S. making some ground breaking advances under his administration. Everyone else I'm okay with, though I need to do more research on Kamilla Harris. I haven't heard of her.

Zuckerberg - Seriously, that cannot happen. The democrats cannot nominate a man with the largest and farthest reaching campaign machine ready to go.

Zuckerberg already has a significant platform given the centrality of Facebook and his other media endeavours in many people's lives.

In someways Zuckerberg may be at least partially to blame for the rise of Trump given Facebooks propensity for the proliferation of fake news, internet trolls and it's availability as a platform for neo-nazi and white supremacist groups: http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2017/04/10/4649443.htm And Putin: http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/content/2015/s4292325.htm

Honestly, I'd be prepared to hedge that Trump is preferable to a Facebook presidency

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
it would take someone really, really awful for me on the Democratic side to consider throwing away my vote for president

Zuckerberg might fit that criteria

Remix2

If they go with Cory booker then they deserve to lose because why will anyone want to vote for someone who voted against importing life saving pharmaceuticals drugs form Canada.

bobjr

Staff member
So only 45% of Trump voters believe that the Donald Jr. Russia meeting happened. I wonder how many will believe the secret Putin meeting happened.

Also if you hear them say something about 45k new miner jobs, the actual number is closer to 70. Turns out mining is still dead.

Last edited:

Mordent99

Banned
Want me to list the other absurd lies they believe?

Jade Helm was an invasion force whose purpose was to impose martial law in Texas

Ms. Clinton is running a child human trafficking ring out of a pizza place.

Mr. Obama is a Kenyan Muslim. Who can control the weather.

Vince Foster was murdered, and the police, FBI, and even Ken Starr are part of a scheme to cover it

And dozens more which, when put together, makes the stuff spouted by Charles Manson seem lucid. They believe in the most ridiculous things from fools like Alex Jones, and this does not surprise me at all.

Poke Trainer J

So I was watching a speech that President Trump made on Fox News while I was on my lunch break at work yesterday where he was discussing his "Made In America" agenda (followed by a pledge that looked like he was signing an executive order) that caught my attention when he said that he was going to "end predatory online sales of foreign goods" which I interpreted it as wanting to do away with e-commerce altogether (that includes eBay, Amazon, and gift card purchases) due to how it's been hurting retail with shopping centers like JCPenney, Sears, and Macy's closing down nationwide since e-commerce isn't tax deductible like retail is where the money simply isn't flowing back into the U.S. economy.

Unless they have manufacturing facilities located in the U.S. they can't do business elsewhere without getting caught by the Trump Administration however that might change where President Trump will only want products made in the U.S. and not from other countries who seek business here in the U.S. where the money can flow back into the U.S. economy since he's under the belief that free trade has been slowing the recovery of the U.S. economy from the 2008 financial crisis even though he supports some stipulations of NAFTA and other free trade agreements that have become vital to the U.S. economy.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
If Trump wanted only American products all of his wouldn't qualify anymore.