• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

EnglishALT

You shouldn't be on hormones if you are fighting in war because gender dysphoria can screw with your mind but if anybody wants to protect their country they should have the right to.

The only danger would be if a female to male transgender was transitioning actually on the battlefield, as increased testosterone therapy can increase anger, however I seriously doubt any military is going to be stupid enough to put someone in an active duty situation while they are still transitioning. So I don't see how a "screw with your mind" argument works here.

EnglishALT

If you still have dysphoria you might not be able to do your task correctly.

What proof do you have of that? What "task" would they have a problem with?

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Is being transgender truly a mental illness though? We're arguably in a point of understanding, and if there was a problem with transgender people enlisting then we should have hard data that it's the case, but in America at least up to 1/5th of Transgender people enlist, so there should be some kind of problem emerging if that was true right?

America as a country spends more on erection pills for it's soldiers than transgender hormone care, that's how little it matters from that perspective.

bobjr

Staff member
Isn't that what the hormone therapy is supposed to deal with though? Like we have transgender members who know more than I do, but if you're taking this route from the recent legal attempt just know they had a chance to show any evidence and provided none.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I have untreated dysphoria but that's my whole point, if you are on hormones you shouldn't be in battle. If you are post HRT then it's fine.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
I have untreated dysphoria but that's my whole point, if you are on hormones you shouldn't be in battle. If you are post HRT then it's fine.
By your logic anyone with any neurodiversity or neurodivergency shouldn't do any job, because "they can't do serious tasks".

I'm sorry, are the dang neurodivergent/neurodiverse takin yer jerbs? Or the jerbs of the good ol' white American Son?

chess-z

campy vampire
youre never post hrt cause we havent figured out a way to trick the body into producing those hormones yet

if youre transitioning, youre on hormones until you die, even post genital reconstruction surgery

also your argument is bad

EnglishALT

youre never post hrt cause we havent figured out a way to trick the body into producing those hormones yet

if youre transitioning, youre on hormones until you die, even post genital reconstruction surgery

also your argument is bad

If I may ask, what is the dosage post genital reconstruction surgery? As I mentioned before testosterone injections can cause heighten anger, I thought the person transitioning only received those for 7 months, but you are saying its longer than that? If so maybe someone receiving such injections should be placed in a non active combat role.

Getting back to the point, though. I don't know why any transperson would even want to serve in the military, considering the current regime's attitude against the LGBT+ community, and this is on top of the usual mistreatment of returning veterans. Honestly, what's the point of putting all that money into the military if you can't even take care of your veterans? Makes me sick.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment

Ignore me then, I was mis informed.

bobjr

Staff member
Getting back to the point, though. I don't know why any transperson would even want to serve in the military, considering the current regime's attitude against the LGBT+ community, and this is on top of the usual mistreatment of returning veterans. Honestly, what's the point of putting all that money into the military if you can't even take care of your veterans? Makes me sick.

A lot of times it's desperation, due to young people getting kicked out of home for being transgender and not having another option. That and medical care.

chess-z

campy vampire
If I may ask, what is the dosage post genital reconstruction surgery? As I mentioned before testosterone injections can cause heighten anger, I thought the person transitioning only received those for 7 months, but you are saying its longer than that? If so maybe someone receiving such injections should be placed in a non active combat role.
dosage pre-op is variable cause endocrinology is complicated (all mtf grs does from an endocrinology standpoint is negate the need for androgen blockers)

i could tell you about what i get as a trans gal, but a trans man would have to answer for himself, its complicated

A lot of times it's desperation, due to young people getting kicked out of home for being transgender and not having another option. That and medical care.
this is correct, for a short amount of time i was considering joining the military because i felt like i had absolutely no other options after high school

Last edited:

I never even considered transpeople being tossed out of their homes as a motivating factor for joining the military, despite knowing that family disowning is an existing and tragic issue in itself. Thanks for pointing that out.

Zora

perpetually tired
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/te...ion_year=2018&session_number=0&version=latest

A bill for an act relating to public safety...requiring the commissioner of health to draft legislation establishing a statewide autism registry program

wtf Minnesota.

Like, as someone with ASD, the idea of having to be registered in a state is beyond terrifying. I'm not entirely sure what exactly Minnesota's aim is here; my immediate concern are issues like employers' having access to this information and refusing to hire me under the pretense neurotypicals are safer.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/te...ion_year=2018&session_number=0&version=latest

wtf Minnesota.

Like, as someone with ASD, the idea of having to be registered in a state is beyond terrifying. I'm not entirely sure what exactly Minnesota's aim is here; my immediate concern are issues like employers' having access to this information and refusing to hire me under the pretense neurotypicals are safer.

Some old-fashioned out-of-touch with modern science Republican probably thinks we're still "a danger to ourselves and others" by default and should be put away in an asylum or home, and/or kept out of the public eye lest our differences spook the gentlefolk. Or that we're demon possessed, or even idiots(I mean this in the MOST archaic sense)

You know, I was waiting for this kind of regressive ableism to be aimed at ASD, but not be labeling us like Jews during the Holocaust, cattle or sex offenders.

Republicans gotta protect the jerbs 'n money of the Good ol' White American Son who ain't no idjit!

Disgusting and illegal until Trump or his cult makes it legal.

Zora

perpetually tired
Some old-fashioned out-of-touch with modern science Republican probably thinks we're still "a danger to ourselves and others" by default and should be put away in an asylum or home, and/or kept out of the public eye lest our differences spook the gentlefolk. Or that we're demon possessed, or even idiots(I mean this in the MOST archaic sense)

I don't think that's exactly what's happening. The registry is for people who are a.) diagnosed with ASD and b.) are 8 or under so that they may be part of a statewide study--or so the bill says. The type of organizations who push this tend to be the Autism Parents(TM) organizations (*coughautismspeakscough*) who feel the 'right' early intervention will 'take care' of autism. Like other studies of this type, they will probably produce useless data. Such data is usless because any help that implicitly expect autistics to conform to a neurotypical standard is going to fail; it'd be like testing gay individuals to find out what early interventions make them straight.

Honestly though, any government law that requires mandatory participation in research a la this bill shouldn't even be legal, let alone condoned.