• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
It's not crying foul as much as being disappointed, because there was a very slim chance Trump would have came out with a win there.

In domestic news Michael Cohen is even more screwed, and is sending veiled help messages to Trump.

Pikachu52

So two new developments that do not look good for Trump.

First, the long awaited IG report into the FBI's handling of the Clinton Email probe came out. This was the document that was, according to die hard trump supports, supposed to "expose the deep state" or provide evidence of some sort of coup against dear Trump. And of course it does nothing of the sort. The key takeaways are:

1. The Clinton investigation decisions were made on the merits and not for any reason of political bias.
2. There's little evidence the Trump-Russia investigation was pushed because of Stzok's political bias.
3. The IG heavily criticises James Comey's decision to announce the re-opening of the Clinton investigation - This finding in fact largely vindicates democrats, not republicans, criticism of director Comey's conduct.
4. The anti-trump opinions expressed by Peter Strzok were found to be particularly concerning - But crucially the report doesn't seem to indicate any foul play on his part.

Read the full report here.

So, as with the Nunes memo, supposed evidence of deep state conspiracy and democrat corruption turns out to be a dud.

The “deep state” is shown to be nothing more than a farce to exculpate Trump and frame Obama and the democrats.

Second, The New York Attorney General is suing the Trump Foundation for violations of state and federal charity law. Trump is having a whine about it on Twitter.

bobjr

Staff member
It should be noted that Strzok wrote the Comey note opening up the investigation right before the election, arguably causing her defeat in the process.

Plus for some reason no one is mentioning the texts where he said he might be voting for Trump instead.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Apparently Trump okays Crimea annexation.
Kissinger: 1, Brezinski: 0

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I can only hope Trump's learned no-one wants him as president and won't try to get re-election. And I can only hope if he tries, we're going to ignore both Trump and Hillary

bobjr

Staff member
We are up to 48 Senators right now who support the bill against it. The only Dem holdout is Manchin at the moment.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
so, uh, how about this family separation stuff
For the most part I've noticed even trump's usual supporters have kept quiet about it. I really hope no one here even tries to justify it.
Now hopefully we can get this undone and Jeff Sessions can go back to making cookies and ranting about weed.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^White House officially said that this was due to Democrats' policy. Which while true, ICE was originally created by Bush cabinet.

Anyway, in the meanwhile, Colombia recently elected the right-wing candidate Duque as president. Duque officially promised to end the peace process and open up indigenious areas for development, ie. oil. This is of course great tragedy for Colombia, as this means civil war will continue for another 8-10 years, as Duque will likely get a second term. While he cannot undo the legal progress of Santos government(cannabis legalization, FARC peace, gay marriage, trade liberalization etc.), he will be a negative influence in South America and Colombia. This is of course great news for Trump, who in last year expanded war on drugs and arms trade to Colombia.

bobjr

Staff member
I still almost can't believe that child concentration camps were a thing that this administration thought would go over well.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Space Force ... what in the actual 9 hells? Seriously, I’m going to go far as to call this a spit in the face to our veterans. “Sorry, we don’t have the time or money to get you proper care, but we’re just going to throw this green stuff and this clock gizmo into making this Space Force.”

Seriously, does this guy think Thanos is coming and we need to turn the sun into a death ray before he comes to complete the Infinity Gauntlet?

Last edited:

landipan

Does anyone feel like this family separation thing isn't going to end until trump finally gets his border wall? I think all Trump really wants out of this presidency is that wall, and if it means he has to take child hostages to get it, then so be it.

Zora

perpetually tired
Does anyone feel like this family separation thing isn't going to end until trump finally gets his border wall? I think all Trump really wants out of this presidency is that wall, and if it means he has to take child hostages to get it, then so be it.

Even if Trump got his wall, it won't stop. Abusers don't suddenly give in and do a quid pro quo; they realize they have power and someone like Trump will never give it up. And it's worth repeating family separation occurs at more than the border; the foster system has more than overstepped its bounds there BIPOC are concerned.

There is no solution but to vote GOP out and ostracize people voting the GOP win; otherwise they'll gain power by taking refugee in audacity. I honestly see no other way out.

Edit: I hasten to add Dems are no saints either; even among Dems changes need to happen.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
No thanks. I do not want to pay tax dollars toward a useless monument. Giving a screaming toddler what he wants just to shut him up never works.

landipan

I agree, we shouldn't give into Trump's wall fantasies. But I do wonder if that's the plan he has in mind, and I hope the Dems don't give in to this. Both sides of the aisle need to grow a backbone and stand up to this wanna-be dictator.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
He's ordered a "Space Force" be the 6th Military Branch.

Ugggggggggghhh
You never know how many demons on Mars you have to deal with.

On a serious note, though, I don't want to get careless and think Trump couldn't win re-election.

On the same token, however, I feel that Trump is bringing the Republican party down with him (or they are jumping into the hole with him).

Either way, I have some optimism for the Blue Wave 2018 and the 2020 election. I still want to be cautious all the same.

bobjr

Staff member
The Space Force is just a dumb distraction anyway, trying to get the lead away from the Child camps, because that's one of the more toxic pieces against them.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I don’t normally drink, but I will after hearing the leaked audio from the immigrant children. I speak Spanish, but I could barely hear what was being said over their crying.