• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U.S. Politics: The Biggest Trade in WNBA History

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
He's behaving like a cartoon villain now.
Stock cartoon villains are usually more competent than TFG
And now Kyrsten Sinema has left the Democratic party to become an Independent.
because of course she did. She probably sees the writing on the wall and knows she would be primaried, so now she can split the vote in 2024 and get a Republican elected

Sigh…thanks Arizona.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Stock cartoon villains are usually more competent than TFG

because of course she did. She probably sees the writing on the wall and knows she would be primaried, so now she can split the vote in 2024 and get a Republican elected

Sigh…thanks Arizona.
Pretty much. She's trying to basically hold the Democratic Party hostage and force them to either support her bid for reelection as an independent or run another Democrat, where she'll basically be a spoiler candidate to suck away the Democrat's votes and hand the election over to a Republican.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
This may be a problem in the next election. She may take democratic votes away from whoever runs as a democrat in AZ (or, best case scenario, it's actually republican votes).
Yeah. Her decision already complicates how horrible the 2024 House and Senate maps are for Dems. There are literally no competitive GOP seats whatsoever in either chamber.

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Sigh as bad as this sounds, they should’ve let Brittney stay in Russia and this should be self explanatory. At the very least they should’ve gotten more people as a fair trade and not just the celebrity

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
There's really no one else that would have been a "fair trade". The only other named talked up was an arrested spy, which is 100% illegal and a nightmare to negotiate for that reason alone.

Also you have to consider her 10 year gulag stay would have very likely resulted in her death, and it was a blatantly political arrest considering even if she was guilty of her crimes the normal sentence in Russia is less than a year of non jail probation.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
There's really no one else that would have been a "fair trade". The only other named talked up was an arrested spy, which is 100% illegal and a nightmare to negotiate for that reason alone.

Also you have to consider her 10 year gulag stay would have very likely resulted in her death, and it was a blatantly political arrest considering even if she was guilty of her crimes the normal sentence in Russia is less than a year of non jail probation.
Honestly, I would've just sent in the troops and mounted a rescue operation. We need to be a bit more daring instead of capitulating all the time.

Last edited:

masdog

Honestly, I would've just sent in the troops and mounted a rescue operation. We need to be a bit more daring instead of capitulating all the time.
Not sure if serious…

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
The only thing I'm more surprised at is that a good chunk of his fanbase are anti-NFT. I thought they'd be the sort to follow him off a cliff if he said it'd help America.

SBaby

Dungeon Master

masdog

I'm totally serious, and before you say anything, we do this all the time. They're called Black Ops.
Oh...I get that. And I know what Black Ops are. I'm not sure I would go so far as to say we do them all the time - especially the kind of extraction that would be required here.

But if Brittney Griner suddenly disappeared from Russia and reappeared in the United States, it would likely escalate the situation in Europe. That's assuming that we could actually get special forces into position to extract her...

bobjr

Staff member
The second they knew something was up she’d be killed, and getting that kind of job done as an extraction in a work gulag that won’t be advertised is just asking for an international **** up that will escalate an open war.

Especially since there was a negotiating tactic that worked way better. Don’t like perfect be the enemy of good in this situation.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder

Utterly disgusting all around and really exemplifies the rot in this entire country. Disgusting for the military contractors basically bribing politicians to give them all the money in the world, disgusting for the Pentagon for its terrible accounting (and probably intentionally, they probably know EXACTLY where that missing 61% of their budget is, and dollars to donuts a large chunk of it is going to the CEOs of those military contractors), and disgusting for the mainstream media for not covering it.

Also not real happy that Kyle Kulinski didn't cite his sources on this one, but I at least tracked them down in case anyone is skeptical of any of this:

This needs to be shown front and center to the American people. I don't want to hear another word about "we can't pay for it" when it comes to things that would actually benefit the people like universal healthcare, affordable education, etc.

Last edited:

bobjr

Staff member
It’s a huge issue because anyone who does go against military spending is attacked hard for being unpatriotic or something along those lines, when so much of that could help out so many Americans in other ways, while keeping us as the top spending military even.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Andrew Tate's been raided and arrested in Romania.

You know the absolutely unreal and hilarious part about it? It's the way he was caught.

He got caught cause of a.... FKING PIZZA BOX.

His response vid of being told he had small dick energy also had him unintentionally dox himself cause he featured a pizza box that was from a Romanian Pizza Chain called "Jerry's Pizza". That's how he was confirmed and caught in the country lmao.

bobjr

Staff member
He was tracked beforehand, it's more incredible timing more than anything else.

Especially when you realize the reason is partially because he got unbanned and made him easier to find.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
The GOP is so dysfunctional that they can’t even elect a Speaker of the House.