• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

U-turn me on

Godzilla

Banned

U-turn
とんぼがえり Round-trip

After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting.

240px-DPU-turn.PNG

Team U-turn me on

|
392.png
|
251.png
|
130.png
|
330.png
|
485.png
|
212-m.png
|

Introduction

Hi. I'm going to actually take this RMT seriously as I would like actual help on this team/to show this team off as it has been one of my most succesful teams. It had got another account of mine in the high 1500's and still proceeds to win an amazing amount of battles whenever I ladder with this team. This team is based around imo the absolute best move in the game; u-turn. Base 70 Power, Amazing for Scouting, And with the right strategy can be extremely devastating. When paired with STAB on some pokemon, The correct teammates, And used in the right way; is IMO the BEST move in the current metagame. This team is based around a scouting/Anti-lead of sorts, and backs it up with having an array of different sweepers and a Good Defensive wall. This team may appear to be standard on the outside as most of the pokemon on the team are in the Top 10 List of most-used pokemon in OU; but it's surrounded around a completely different strategy which makes it somewhat different then most of the other bog-standard teams around in this metagame. Scizor is probably known to be one of the best users of U-turn as he gets a STAB boost from it, his massive attack stat makes it even scarier, and he can scout/escape from common threats like magnezone with it. If high 1500's doesn't sound very high, it's still good considering I'm a decent but not amazing battler and always seem to get haxxed out on the ladder. At the moment i have not found one thing that completely threatens my whole team other then things that almost no teams can completely stop (such as +2 or more dd mence) without using more then one or two counters on a single team. It covers most of the main threats in today's metagame and everything on the team works with eachother in order to help another pokemon sweep/Handle itself better.

This team will be one of my last teams for a while as school is coming up very soon and after that I might not be playing pokemon very often. I had some help on this team by Kel from Serebii/Regileague/Whatever other forum he's on.

---

In Depth

Now that I've explained the base of the team/What it was surrounded around, I'll explain each pokemon and set in more detail.

---

392Back_f_shiny.png

Infernape @ Focus sash
Bag_Focus_Sash_Sprite.png

Blaze
6 Atk / 252 Sp Atk / 252 Speed
Naive (+ Spe , - Sp def)
-Fire blast
-Fake out
-Stealth rock
-Close Combat

---
Standard leadape. Works amazingly as a lead, breaking sashes with Fake out, Doing big damage with fire blast, Setting up SR, and doing damage to things like TTar with Close combat. Naive over hasty to take priority attacks easier. Ape can get SR up against any lead except aerodactyl who outspeeds and can do big damage to ape. Jirachi/TTar leads are torn apart, as well as Naive azelf is always OHKO'd (after fake out) with fire blast. The only other leads you really lose to are hippowdon/Aero who are dealt with by other members on the team. Setting up SR is key for use on a team based around u-turn. Close combat doesn't need more then 6 Atk in order to KO most standard TTar bar the defensive variations. Fire blast hits almost anything that doesn't resist it hard. I could consider running encore over close combat, to help against stall teams, but that would risk being more open to tyranitar. When ape's focus sash activates his fire moves are boosted by 1/3 Which is insane considering im running a 120 base power fire move with 252 sp atk evs; fire blast will hurt pretty much anything once sash is activated. Ape hits a decent 307 sp atk with 252 evs and a + spe nature which is great considering his speed hits a high 341 with naive+232 evs. Infernape is a decently frail lead so the sash won't be too hard to activate giving you that fire boost as well as still being able to set up rocks/flinch the other lead.

307 Atk vs 158 Def & 292 HP (180 Base Power): 375 - 442 (128.42% - 151.37%)

As you can see; with the blaze boost activated infernape can OHKO Naive leadzelf after breaking the sash 100% of the time.

307 Atk vs 216 Def & 359 HP (180 Base Power): 548 - 648 (152.65% - 180.50%)

Another calculation shows that fire blast after the blaze boost can OHKO standard 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 spe metagross.

But when holding an occa berry;

307 Atk vs 216 Def & 359 HP (180 Base Power): 274 - 324 (76.32% - 90.25%)

Which is very close to a OHKO. Other members on the team can then revenge it after that.

---

251.png

Celebi @ Life orb
Bag_Life_Orb_Sprite.png

Natural Cure
110 HP / 220 SpAtk / 180 Spe
Modest (+ Sp atk, - Atk)
-Leaf Storm
-Hidden power Fire
-Recover
-U-Turn

---
The second member of this team is Offensive Celebi. So far I have two Decently Underrated members on the team which may seem odd, but In personal experiences have worked better on this team then extremely standard sets have. This set was Made by "Calum" On this forum+On serebii/Wherever Else he has an account, I personally prefer it over the Standard CM offensive celebi so it was put >> CM celebi who was originally on the team. I c+p'ed his description for the set as he can explain it better then myself.

-EVs are for somewhat bulk as well, as a jump point (as HP Fire lowers SpAtk) and enough speed to outrun nuetral base 100s. This means any Adamant Lukes trying to set up are pummelled. The SpAtk EVs were enough to OHKO +1 CroCune after SR, which I find is great. This really deals with all bulky waters. Oh, and also Leafstorm hits a tad harder than MixMences Draco Meteor.-

I did a Calculation of how much an LO boosted +2 Extremespeed from adamant lucario would do to this set at full health as This set can outspeed 252 Spe Adamant lucario and Ko with HP fire.

700 Atk vs 236 Def & 368 HP (80 Base Power): 221 - 261 (60.05% - 70.92%)

It hits for 70.92% max which at full health can be survived and Lucario can be KO'd with HP fire so it makes a somewhat last resort for an adamant lucario check.

---

130Back_f_shiny.png

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Intimidate
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
Impish (+ Def, - Sp atk)
-Waterfall
-Roar
-Sleep talk
-Rest

---
Resttalk Gyara is amazing. It beats pretty much most heatran, most infernape, and many other threats to the team. Intimidate is amazing and Roar can help Gyarados work as a psuedo-phazer. I can run EQ to deal with lucario easier, or i can run Roar to break DD sweeps/Even curselax who could be a bit of a problem. Gyarados has an amazing Attack stat to work around even without any attack evs. He hits 286 with Impish which is incredible seeing as how his defenses are amazing with this set. Waterfall is a primary STAB which naturally works on gyara and this set is only walled by vaporeon who gyarados is normally walled by anyways. I have to decide on Roar/EQ depending on if I either want to handle luke better, or have a great phazer. This set can also work as a great status absorber, which can really help with this team as really nothing likes to be burned/t-waved/poisoned except gyara who can easily rest it away. Gyarados hits 282 Def/394HP which is extremely effective as a resttalker. Can wall many things and with intimidate it pretty much wrecks most physical threats. Stone edge/Avalanche as an alternative was suggested by panamaxis for handling mence easier if i cannot deal with him through outrage trapping him on scizor. Gyarados can even take resisted electric attacks such as non STAB hidden power electric's from things like +spe natured infernape.

307 Atk vs 237 Def & 394 HP (70 Base Power): 264 - 312 (67.01% - 79.19%)

As you can see it can KO after SR if you get near to max damage. But still reliable at full health.

---

330Back_f.png

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Bag_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Levitate
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant (+ Atk, - Sp Atk)
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-U-turn
-Stone edge

---
Flygon works toward the general plan of the team which is mainly scouting/Revenge killing/Taking out threats with surprise. This is basically smogon's standard scarfgon set, but with 252 Spe / 252 Atk to speed tie with other scarfgon. Adamant is there for obvious reasons seeing as how you don't need to run jolly, as it outspeeds nothing you need to outspeed that you can't outspeed with Adamant.

Outrage/Earthquake are the two Primary STAB Attacks and anything you hit SE or even Neutral with either of those will get hit hard. U-turn is the single only reason I chose flygon over mence on this team for as it goes around the main team idea. The ground/Dragon typing is also part of it as Flygon is a non-uber Garchomp with Less Base Spe/Attack. Ground typing is good for resisting t-wave/electric attacks who can harm this team severely.

328 Atk vs 196 Def & 364 HP (100 Base Power): 360 - 426 (98.90% - 117.03%)

Against Standard 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Sp def Tentacruel EQ from flygon OHKO's almost 100% of the time with SR on the field.

---

485Back_f_shiny.png

Heatran @ Leftovers
Bag_Leftovers_Sprite.png

Flash fire
56 HP / 252 Sp Atk / 200 spe
Timid (+ Spe, - Atk)
-Fire blast
-Substitute
-Earth power
-Toxic

---
This is Rhys29's Offensive Subtran set that he gave me and Kill.Mate.Repeat. One time. Heatran does a great job at absorbing fire attacks aimed at Celebi/Scizor which is mainly why he's on the team. He also counters a few other things that are threat's to the team. 200 Spe beats Jolly breloom and Adamant gyarados which behind a sub can beat both. 252 Sp atk was standard IIRC and just helps with Timid to still do a ton of damage behind a sub. I ran Toxic in order to beat blissey, as well as partially deal with gyarados. It generally covers better then hp electric as well seeing as how nothing really likes to be poisoned (with the exception of breloom/guts pokemon.)

Fire blast is the main STAB on the set, and can cause a ton of damage to anything that doesn't resist it. Substitute is standard once again and obviously makes Subtran what it is. The Celetran combo is amazing being able to resist almost every type in the game with both of them. Anything that harms Heatran goes to celebi, and anything that harms Celebi goes to heatran. 56 Hp survives adamant/Jolly Breloom non boosted Mach punch and is just pretty much a filler.

359 Atk vs 158 Def & 323 HP (120 Base Power): 588 - 692 (182.04% - 214.24%)

It can outrun Adamant/Jolly breloom so works as a check because as you can see a Non boosted fire blast on 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Sp Def Loom OHKO's and does massive damage 100% of the time.

---

212Back_f.png

Scizor @ Choice band
Bag_Choice_Band_Sprite.png

Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe / 4 Sp Def
Adamant (+ Atk, - Sp Atk)
-Bullet punch
-Superpower
-U-turn
-Pursuit

---
My last U-turn abuser. This is basically standard 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 spe scizor but with 4 spe to Superpower/U-turn last against other 8 spe scizor. 4 Sp def is filler. 252 Atk is standard and useful for hitting extremely hard with CB. Scizors 394 Atk boosted by 1.5 Is insane at just the cost of freely switching moves. U-turn/Pursuit is great for trapping/scouting, and bullet punch is a must on any scizor. Technician Boosts it up and you get a STAB boost making it deal heavy damage with Scizor's amazing base attack+Choice band. Superpower is to deal damage to steels that wall the other three moves/other things to just completely put dents in almost everything except Pokemon that Resist it/are immune to fighting.

591 Atk vs 156 Def & 262 HP (90 Base Power): 366 - 432 (139.69% - 164.89%)

Vs standard 252 sp atk / 252 spe / 4 hp Gengar, Scizor can act as a check OHKO'ing all of the time with a technician boosted choice banded STAB bullet punch.

---

Now that I've explained this team in Detail This is the end of the RMT.

Team Building

First thing on the team was picking a main strategy that the team would function around. I normally used an UU or underrated pokemon as my main base in a team, but this time i decided to use a Move. I was looking through different moves that you could base a team around, and i saw that u-turn has been done a few times, and works amazingly if you use it correctly. Now that i had figured that out, the first pokemon i picked for the team was one of the best users of U-turn; Scizor.

212.png

Next thing on the team was something that could cover Scizor's 4x fire weakness and back it up with a decent strategy/Base stats/Good typing/Nice movepool. Heatran was my first choice as he can absorb fire attacks and is immune to a couple different types of attacks. He has a decent base spe and a great base sp atk which makes him a good user for sub. Subtran was put in.

212.png
485.png

Next thing i did was probably the easiest part of making the team. The well known celetran combo is amazing for a reason, and works extremely well in resisting types that are super effective against each pokemon by using the other in coordination. So celebi was put in. She also covers cune/Vappy/etc that could be trouble.

212.png
485.png
251.png

After that I looked for another sweeper. Mence looked to fit in nicely, but sadly cannot learn u-turn. I saw flygon who can use u-turn and use choice scarf extremely effectively. He also resists t-wave which helps a lot. Flygon also can revenge kill many things easily with 252 / 252 and a scarf which was very helpful. Learning U-turn was just an added bonus. Scizor/Flygon are the main physically offensive u-turners.

212.png
485.png
251.png
330.png

Next thing i did was pick a lead. I tried to find something that could set up rocks, do some mixed type damage (physical/special), break sashes, and outspeed other common leads. Standard leadape was put in this place over scarfape as SR is key with u-turn damage to let residual damage take its course. Leadape has also worked for me in the past.

212.png
485.png
251.png
330.png
392.png

Last thing i did was get something that can check mixape/heatran etc. I also wanted something i could use as a pseudo-phazer and an effective defensive wall. Gyarados seemed to be the best for that spot over something like cune. Gyarados also was put over cune for the sole reason of intimidate. Intimidate REALLY helps against physical threats to the team slicing their attack in half.

212.png
485.png
251.png
330.png
392.png
130.png

Threat list

Defensive Threats

242.png
Blissey - Ape can CC it Gyara can beat any version really and scizor can do some serious damage.

197.png
Umbreon - Scizor all day.

437.png
Bronzong - Ape Hits hard with Fire Blast Tran can Destroy it but has to be costly about switching in, and zor can U-turn without taking much.

251.png
Celebi - Ape for the ones without T-wave, Flygon really makes a great switch in to this, and scizor can beat the ones without hp fire.

488.png
Cresselia - Scizor does major damage here

205.png
Forretress - Ape and Tran can murder forre pretty easily

472.png
Gliscor - Gyarados for the ones without SE and Heatran can do major damage. Celebi takes the u-turnless ones

73.png
Tentacruel - Gyara can roar it out without it doing much back, Flygon can Eq it.

477.png
Dusknoir - Ape and Tran absorb wow but have to be careful about switching in Celebi can do a fair amount of damage her

130.png
Gyarados - My own gyarados can get intimidate on it and roar it out celebi can bluff the defensive set and scare most out. Flygon can revenge kill and Tran can kill before a dd assuming its Adamant.

450.png
Hippowdon - Gyarados can take it. Celebi really has little to no trouble here

385.png
Jirachi - Heatran can set up a sub on the defensive ones and flygon can Eq

479.png
Rotom-A - Heatran absorbs wow and sets up a sub if its choiced its a little harder know what to switch in. Most are Wow'ers though

227.png
Skarmory - Ape, Gyara can roar it out, Heatran sets up a sub yeah taken down easily.

143.png
Snorlax - This can be a ***** if scizor is gone. Gyara can roar it out and ape does good damage with cc before a curse

245.png
Suicune - This is what Celebi is for

260.png
Swampert - Celebi comes in pretty easily and gyara can roar it away

248.png
Tyranitar - Ape, Flygon, and Celebi can do some good damage here

134.png
Vaporeon - Celebi comes in Unscratched. Scizor can U-turn out for good damage. Trans gets a good amount of damage in with Hp Electric behind the sub

145.png
Zapdos - Heatran can come in on heat waves and scare most out. Flygon can SE and Ape can Fire Blast for good damage

Offensive Threats

482.png
Azelf - Yeah U-Turn rapes this thing really bad

286.png
Breloom - Gyara can take the sleep and roar it away alot of stuff can revenge

94.png
Gengar - LO gengar is easily Revenged with the scarfers and choice users can be played around scizor can pick this off.

130.png
Gyarados -My own gyarados can get intimidate on it and roar it out celebi can bluff the defensive set and scare most out. Flygon can revenge kill and Tran can toxic before a dd assuming its Adamant.

485.png
Heatran - Gyara takes it well flygon can take some attacks and can revenge with Earthquake and heatran outspeeds and can CC.

149.png
Dragonite - The Dancer is revenged after a dragon dance by either Outrage from flygon also gyara can roar it out as a last ditch effort

142.png
Aerodactyl - U-Turn breakes the sash and then this thing is killed off quickly

392.png
Infernape - Np ape is revenged by my ape or flygon depending on the hp amount

135.png
Jolteon - Flygon abosrbs the t-bolts and can Eq and ape can revenge depending on the hp amount

291.png
Ninjask - lol

474.png
Porygon-z - Heatran takes every attack well bar hp fight. Ape and Flygon can revenge kill and scizor can pick it off

464.png
Rhyperior - Celebi can take this down and Gyara can outspeed and hit hard. Scizor can do some good damage with a CB BP.

235.png
Smeargle - Gyara takes the spore and can roar out the baton pass

214.png
Heracross - Gyara takes everything bar stone edge pretty amazing

380.png
Latias - Scizor can pursuit. U-turn hurts, and flygon can revenge kill

230.png
Kingdra - Celebi can manage it pretty well and Flygon can revenge this locked into outrage

448.png
Lucario - Celebi can handle this to an extent although gyara can roar it out or waterfall it depending on the hp

68.png
Machamp- This thing is cheap as hell. Luckily I have plenty of stuff to revenge this

462.png
Magnezone - Flygon, Celebi, Inferanpe, and Heatran take care of this without much trouble

473.png
Mamoswine - Scizor attacks with a strong priority for SE damage and ape can revenge kill

376.png
Metagross - Ape, Flygon, Gyarados can take the ones without T-Punch

373.png
Salamence - REVENGE IS KEY. Gyara can roar out if he is extremley healthy

466.png
Electivire - lol nobody uses this, if they do, it's handled easily.

330.png
Flygon - Gyarados takes care of most of the stuff he can dish out except the occasional SE

468.png
Togekiss - Flinch hax is annoying but I can manage once again thanks to my solid revenge killing core

461.png
Weavile - Ape can handle in 1v1, gyara can take on most of these and roar it out/just take it down with waterfall.

212.png
Scizor - Gyara takes this all day

121.png
Starmie - The Spinners have a hard time with celebi and scizor can pursuit this. With U-turns flying around it doesnt get much chance

248.png
Tyranitar - Ape, Flygon, and Celebi can do some good damage here

145.png
Zapdos - Heatran can come in on heat waves and scare most out. Flygon can SE and Ape can Fire Blast for good damage

65.png
Alakazam -lol This thing is dead so quickly its not even funny

-Credit to Kel for doing the threat list.

---

All I have to say now is; I hope you read all of this and- Rate my team.

Last edited:

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
God that threat list is enormous. But I'm tired, and all I can think of now is be wary of MixApe.

Godzilla

Banned
Resttalk gyara is one of the best possible ape counters there is out there in todays metagame (don't mention hp electric as it's not a OHKO from naive 252 sp atk ape) So i don't think i have to worry about him.

From naive 252 sp atk specially based mixape

From naive 64 sp atk physically based mixape

260 Atk vs 237 Def & 394 HP (70 Base Power): 224 - 264 (56.85% - 67.01%)

When waterfall is a OHKO most of the time against 0 hp 0 def mixape

286 Atk vs 178 Def & 293 HP (80 Base Power): 276 - 326 (94.20% - 111.26%)

calum

Banned

Exactly Gyara is always 2HKOed.

Godzilla

Banned

calum

Banned
Wow

Wobbufet / Kyle / Godzilla

Whatever you want me to call you.

Infernape switches in against CBScizor locked into Pursuit.

It predicts Gyara switch and uses HP Electric (67.01% - 79.19%)

Gyara is either dead because Stealth Rock or barely alive.

Infernape used HP Electric again.

Remember Infernape is faster

Godzilla

Banned
If they aren't running hp ice then flygon beats ape. Whats your situation then? you're such a joke.. lol.

Instead

of

typing

this

so

it looks

your

making

big

type normally. Thanks. And stop posting in my thread, no wonder August deleted all of your posts on smogon.

murkrowrob

Yamask Hugger x_x
walrein is a threat too. it alone can beat 4 of your team with ease.
and what do u mean no one uses electivire, i use it tonns in battle, especially seeing as the pbr one comes with an awesome moveset and adamant nature!

Ampy

Light The Stars
walrein is a threat too. it alone can beat 4 of your team with ease

Ummm no....?

He has moves on almost all of his Pokes that can take care of Walrein. I'm taking Godzilla's advice and not rating on here until I get better... but this I just had to correct

Last edited:

Godzilla

Banned
walrein is a threat too. it alone can beat 4 of your team with ease.
and what do u mean no one uses electivire, i use it tonns in battle, especially seeing as the pbr one comes with an awesome moveset and adamant nature!

lol

lol10charlimit

calum

Banned
Hmm

Swords Dance Nape stuffs this team more though, and so does physically based MixApe Wobbufet.

Consider Encore on Infernape.

Also nice work on PMing Shing Mew to get GSn perma banned.

Hey yeah here to report

http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=109619

For trolling/spamming and trying to blackmail by posting a terrible old team of mine in this thread

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...1#post10439291

And yeah overall he's just trying to be funny by trolling/spamming/blackmailing and id appreciate it if you could ban him/give him an infraction and delete the thread. Thanks.

He has an alt too.

http://www.serebiiforums.com/member.php?u=110445

Godzilla

Banned
Hmm

Swords Dance Nape stuffs this team more though, and so does physically based MixApe Wobbufet.

Consider Encore on Infernape.

Also nice work on PMing Shing Mew to get GSn perma banned.

Yeah whos wobbuffet?

and Well he deserved it for trolling and being pathetic overall on his TECHNICAL alt as he posted on it a few times, it has the same ip adress, his friend quit so its his account now and he knows the password. Its his alt; no matter what you say, you can't change that it is.

Ohh look everyone calum is mad because people quit his shitty clan!!111

calum

Banned
Im mad because it was your fault Groovitational Snubull was perma banned

and tbh Im glad you left, so are a lot of people

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
wtf, u dont know what a wobuffet is?

Of course he does, just stay out of it. And what I meant was, PhysBased Mixape can always 2HKO Gyara with Stone Edge. And if you get it on the switch in its an easy KO. Which leaves your team in ruin the next few turns. So, in other words, just be wary.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
First: awesome thread title.

Next: I'd prefer to see Flamethrower on Ape or Tran, because of the whole accuracy drop thing, but it's up to you.

Third: Excluding Flygon, you should've called this team something like "the hot tamales". I don't know. Cuz they're all red. Ha.

Lazabeam

This ongoing arguement is dumb

1. Ape doesn't carry Hp electric.
2. Flygon can revenge kill anything but the uncommon SD Mach punch ape.
3. Scizor does about 40% with BP

If it's a huge problem you van replace superpower with quick attack because heatran loves abusing his sub on incoming Skarmory and I don't really find the time to use superpower often

Last edited:
Really impressive team with lots of calcs, im amazed.