• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Uber noob moments

Mewtwo152

Not dead yet.
What is the noobiest moment ever for you in a Pokemon game? Or, it might be something that made you go "NOOOOOOOO!!!!".
Noob moment- I thought in Mt. Moon, you could get to Cerulean City by going to the east wall and using an escape rope, because you were closer to Cerulean than Pewter. Or when I traded my best 55 pokemon into my friend's Emerald, so I could get a Mudkip, when I asked my friend to trade me back, he said " I gave it to GameStop for 25 credits." I ran to GameStop and bought probably all 25 used Emerald versions to find it, and I didn't find it. The games cost me like 190 bucks, as well. 0_o

MrBacklot

Not A Blowhard
...you actually spent all that money just to check. Don't you know that most times GameStop resets the saves on games that get turned in?

I encountered a Shiny Hoothoot in the Marsh. I threw a ball, and it escaped. It then ran away. :(

Well, this has happened to me a couple of times. I'd spend a good ten or so minutes searching for a rare pokemon, and when I finally find it... I KO it on accident when I'm trying to weaken it. So I spend another ten minutes trying to find it...

And whenever I accidently walk into the wrong patch of grass when I'm using the PokeRadar, I want to smack myself.

lalala_machine

I hope you just said screw it and bought an AR after blowing all that cash. Jeez-o-pete.

I used to get Mirror Coat and Magic Coat confused a lot. So many Grumpigs died because of me. Well, that one Grumpig died repeatedly because of me.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
Being unable to catch Uxie on 1 HP after throwing 12 Ultra Balls at it. T_T

;193;

I've been playing these games for over a decade, but I think something I did jsut a couple of nights ago ranks as one of my dumbest moves ever. I was on a roll with my Drapion in Platinum's Battle Hall, and my next opponent had a Wobbuffet. It was female, and I'd forgotten that those look like they have lipstick on, so I was laughing about that, and not thinking that maybe I should go slow with less effective moves. I pressed "Crunch" immediately. I was about 15 levels higher, and I thought it would KO it...but it barely survived, and promptly Countered me into oblivion. ._. There was much facepalming.

And I'm also rather ashamed of the fact that until about a year ago, I thought Rock was weak to Ice. >.> I blame Game Freak for making all the Rock types in my formative Pokémon years part-Ground.

;469;​

Last edited:

Selia

Skippity skip skip!
I was playing the my Pearl version. When I was catching pokemon in the Safari Zone, I found a shiny Bibarel. I kept throwing mud at it but after the second throw, it fled! I also chained with the Pokeradar without max repels and with Lv.70+ pokemon. The chains usually ended at 5-7.

Last edited:

Nikkoru_91

Vappy Trainer~
Back in the days of Red Version, I thought catching Missingno was necessary to complete the Pokedex. More recently would be when I let a Yanma KO my ninetales in battle hall.

On Red I thought you had to kill Mewtwo because I saw the movie.

chim-chat078

I <3 Maya Fey
i traded a moltres for a pidgiot thinking moltres were incredibly common

Emo_Kirlia

Recently in Silver I thought I released my Red Gyarados on accident so I was searching my PC Boxes for days until I found it in the Goldenrod Daycare with my Lugia. I felt like slapping myself in the face. -_-

Last edited:

Nintenrule

Well, when I had Pokemon Yellow, I got stuck at the part where you had to pick the Pokeball off the Professor Oak's table. I thought it was the Pokeball decoration next to the table that you had to pick up >.<

I got my dad to help me every time I got stuck at that part (didn't know how to save either :p)

lifesharker

Spring-Loaded Fish
What is the noobiest moment ever for you in a Pokemon game? Or, it might be something that made you go "NOOOOOOOO!!!!".
Noob moment- I thought in Mt. Moon, you could get to Cerulean City by going to the east wall and using an escape rope, because you were closer to Cerulean than Pewter. Or when I traded my best 55 pokemon into my friend's Emerald, so I could get a Mudkip, when I asked my friend to trade me back, he said " I gave it to GameStop for 25 credits." I ran to GameStop and bought probably all 25 used Emerald versions to find it, and I didn't find it. The games cost me like 190 bucks, as well. 0_o

DONE!

Did you get weird looks for buying that many copies?

Noob moment: When I first started Red version all those years ago, I spent half an hour trying to find the way out of the house. My mum found it for me within 30 seconds of asking.

Koro

The first time I went to the Pokemon Tower on my blue version, I spent 3 hours trying to catch a Ghost... then my friend told me I needed a Silph Scope. I almost cried.

The first time I battled Rayquaza in Emerald it was a shiny.
I had my lv40 use ice beam.
2/5 hp gone.
Used it again.
Critical hit.
Dead.
I had a Master Ball.

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
Very nice laughs in this thread.

The one that sticks out in my mind is when I encountered a Shiny Makuhita in Sapphire's Victory Road. I was weakening it, and it used Whirlwind.
Fail.

Missingno.Fan

When I first started playing Pokemon, I thought that if you have your Pokemon healed by Nurse Joy two times in a row, they will have twice the HP points.

When I first started playing Pokemon, I thought that if you have your Pokemon healed by Nurse Joy two times in a row, they will have twice the HP points.

Haha. I thought so too.
Don't worry about it; we were young.
I remember freaking out and crying when their hp stayed at 100%