• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers Metagame Discussion Thread

Ace Trainer Riana

Well Timid Golduck outspeeds Adamant Groudon, which seems to be the most common set. Not to mention the calculator says the most common item on Golduck is Choice Scarf. I'm not saying that it's worth running, but it could stop it.

KillerDraco

It's like the "Scarf Vital Spirit Primeape can be used to stop Darkrai!" argument all over again...

Yes, some very bad NU Pokemon can on occasion check some very prominent Uber Pokemon. However these very bad NU Pokemon (re: Golduck, Primeape) are just so bad at everything aside from that one small niche that they're literally a liability to have on the team due to how much of the metagame absolutely craps on them. They are just so terrible in the Uber metagame that they do not even warrant consideration on a team, ever.

Last edited:

Ryuken

Steel User
Well Timid Golduck outspeeds Adamant Groudon, which seems to be the most common set. Not to mention the calculator says the most common item on Golduck is Choice Scarf. I'm not saying that it's worth running, but it could stop it.

Lol.

252+ Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Golduck: 339-399 (112.6 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It can revenge kill I suppose, but I can't even switch in.
And what are you planning on revenge killing besides groudon anyway? Are you planning on carrying dead weight 90% of the time and scream set up fodder in every match?

And maybe, just maybe the opponent might had the idea of switching groudon out, so any of his pokemon can take the pitifully weak surf/scald, If he manages to miss Precipice blades that is.

Ace Trainer Riana

Cloud Nine isn't something that everyone sees or they may not know it works against Groudon. I've won battles in OU with a Cloud Nine Altaria since it negates Swift Swim and Sand Rush for one turn.

I'm not suggesting running Golduck in Ubers. I'm just saying that it would be funny to see the look on someone's face when a Golduck KOs their Groudon cause they don't know about how its ability works.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Cloud Nine isn't something that everyone sees or they may not know it works against Groudon. I've won battles in OU with a Cloud Nine Altaria since it negates Swift Swim and Sand Rush for one turn.

I'm not suggesting running Golduck in Ubers. I'm just saying that it would be funny to see the look on someone's face when a Golduck KOs their Groudon cause they don't know about how its ability works.

In ubers? I barely play that tier yet when I do almost a third of the teams I run into have some variation of choice or life orb rayquaza.

KillerDraco

Any argument that's predicated on the ignorance of your opponent does not warrant discussion. If anything, that's something that's more at home in the "Stupid Things You've Seen" thread.

Moving on.