1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ubers on random WiFi, hate or love em?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by dragoniteKnight, Nov 9, 2008.

?

Love or hate uber users?

1. I love battling people using ubers.

141 vote(s)
    54.0%
  2. I hate them

120 vote(s)
    46.0%
  1. dragoniteKnight

dragoniteKnight Pose as a team

I myself love it when the opponents use ubers, sure im a little angry at first, but that sourness turns into sweetness when i discover that the teams 85% of the time ARNT EV'ed trained. and i generaly end up sweeping the whole uber team generaly with two pokemon. and uber users generaly spice things up from the standard battles (yes, i consider non uber users MORE of a threat then uber users).

so anyways yes, dicuss here your opinion on uber users, and i guess if you want you can post a funny story lol.

2. pokedon

pokedon Water raging sprite

I like it Thrash ftw

3. magic marker

magic marker I climb twee!

I hate only uber users. They aren't the only pokemon around!

4. BadIntent

BadIntent MSankey

Wait, there are people that actually like fighting all uber teams?? Well I guess that would make sense considering how many people I see using them =\
    I'm kinda curious to see how this poll turns out now...

Anyway, and it goes with out saying, I hate ubers. Well I don't hate them in their entirety but they should really only be played in their own class. In other words you shouldn't be able to use them in random battles unless there was a designated area where uber users go. Choice scarfed Kyogre and Darkrai on the first turn gets old really friggin quick.

This also has little to do with winning. It's just my desire to battle skilled competitors on a level playing field. Don't get me wrong. I love to win, but losing to a well EV-trained, non uber team means my opponent outclassed me in true skill, not in Pokemon selection. I can live with that.

5. GokuRikaku

GokuRikaku Derp

What I hate about uber users is that they don't train them.
    Other than that, I don't really care as long as it isn't a team of them.
    I see it as a challenge and see if I can beat the best of the best.

If I use ubers, I make them fair, not a normal one.
    Like making a physical Mewtwo (that I have plan to make sometime), and a soul dewless Latios/Latias and blablabla.

I just don't really care.

6. Blazios

Blazios Well-Known Member

The only times I like ubers are when I get into a good battle with EV trained ones against my regular team.

7. Flamethrowa55

Flamethrowa55 Well-Known Member

I play diamond and pearl, not battle revolution, but i still want to answer. mostly i like it because most uber users have no idea what there doing at all. most noobs use ubers

8. Dark Turtwig

Dark Turtwig Active Member

Personally, I hate it. They are noobs that have no idea what EV's are, what IV's are, and that you can have a pokemon know more than one type of move! Regular pokemon can be good too. I was on wi-fi the other day and this guy had three Arceus's. I don't know how he got them on wi-fi, but he did.
    I play D/P wi-fi normally, and I like the Uber metagame there, where you acually EV train ubers just like normal OU play.

9. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Well I would like battling them. The problem being that out of the 631 Wi-Fi battles I've had, only about 30 have even had one uber in them. And less than 10 of those had more than 4 ubers. I want to use my good IV EV trained uber team but I would feel bad only battling non-ubers.

10. PlasmaDarkrai

PlasmaDarkrai Your worst nightmare

Uber users suck. They don't know how to battle so they use Ubers.

11. When I'm using my UU team, it's pretty annoying.

If it's just one or two, I'm not bothered that much.
    But when they're using a team of all legends, it's just dumb.

12. Weebos - Purveyor of Great Fun

Weebos - Purveyor of Great Fun New Wave Bossa Nova

I love them because they cause drama in this thread.

13. Littlemyuu

Littlemyuu Orig. Solar-Sceptile

i hate it if they use ubers on Wi-Fi,
    last time i was lucky enough to kick all his Legends...
    but...nah...most of my wi-fi battles got Ubers against me <_<;

14. (s.i.e)

(s.i.e) ★skydragon★

why do they suck and why don't they know how to battle and who's they?

anyway i wouldn't mind battling an opponent that has one uber as long as it remains decently balanced then i am not complaining, my team is EV trained and poses a challenge to the other guy but one garchomp is enough to whipe out too much so garchomp is the only one that i dislike to battle against.

15. EvilAzn

EvilAzn Phantom Poster

Excuse me but uber users do not suck and some of them DO know how to battle. In fact it takes alot more strategy in ubers than it will ever need in OU
    I should know I play both tiers. Anywho on the pbr note, I love battling ubers, its usually quite fun although the occasional Ev'ed one catches me off guard and cost me a few battles but hey, you can't win them all the time.

16. BadIntent

BadIntent MSankey

Exactly. I hate when people always categorize players who train ubers as people who "know nothing about pokemon and competitive battling". While this is true often times, its just kinda like... eh, a stereotype. Just weak inductive reasoning.

Umm. I guess that's up to opinion. I don't think any tier is requires more skill than the others to be good at. Especially considering tiers are just artificial ways of controlling the metagame.

Hmm. I guess one person's dream is another one's nightmare. I wish only like 5% of players used ubers on me. For me I see one at least one every 3-4 battles.

17. dragoniteKnight

dragoniteKnight Pose as a team

Same, it seems to me that americans use ubers more then any other nation...
    anyways good to see views on both sides, i cant wait to hear more.

18. pkmnhippy

pkmnhippy Banned

I prefer Übers, because they are easy to beat and it's a nice change if your fed up of the same old strategys OU has *blames Smogon Noobs*.

19. SkittyOnWailord

SkittyOnWailord ☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣

Yep. I usualy play from about 3AM to 6AM GMT-8. That means that I'm mostly only battling Japanese players. And they seem to tend to use UU/BL Pokemon the most. I don't even see that many OU filled teams.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  20. ravenzala232

ravenzala232 ledgendary silver

ubers are the best to have in a team