• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers on random WiFi, hate or love em?

Love or hate uber users?

• I love battling people using ubers.

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • I hate them

Votes: 120 46.0%

• Total voters

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I find this statement very offensive

I also found it somewhat offensive. Ubers =/= legendaries.

It's fun owning those noobs who think that their regigigas will pwn anything. Even better, is destroying their hacked arceus with a dustox

That would be fun if Regigigas was an uber, but it's not. Let's try to keep this descution about ubers and not OU/UU/BL legendaries.

Last edited:

SHINY CATCHER

Epic Snake is Epic!
I love uber users because most are Noobs who are easy to beat and the rest put up a good fight: Battles against uber only teams W:34 L:1(Against a team of shiny,EVd, very good natured Pokemon)

Nolan Bentley

i'm soso. i hate honostly, i've lost to more real pokemon battlers. like a double surf vappy team beat me bad and an OU team put up a fight. its fun to battle teams with 1-3 Ubers. the battle will go like this.
Digla and Palkia were sent out. Tyranatar and bronzong were sent out. Zong used trick Palkia used spacial rend and did barley anything to Zong. Diagla used roar of time on Tar. Tar used curse. Zong used trick room. Tar swept intire team. That was a fun day.

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
Let's think about it...
PBR Wi-Fi Battles aren't Smogon Tournaments...
I mean... Why should everybody follow tiers that an internet website created?
Smogon created Uber, OU, BL, UU, NU and all of a sudden people all over the world must follow that?
Other places split Pokémon differently, like Guardians (Mewtwo, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys, Palkia, Dialga, Giratina), legendaries (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Raikou, Suicune, Entei, Celebi, Latios, Latias, Regice, Regirock, Registeel, Jirachi, etc.) and non-legendaries...

If there are people complaining about uber users, soon there will be people complaining about same-item-users, monotype users, multitype users and so on.

BadIntent

MSankey
You make an excellent point. All the rules we follow are really just artificial and not true to the game. However, just like in any online game (from sports, to shooters, ect.) there will be "cheesers" who abuse the same tactics over and over. Until (if) Nintendo decides to limit legendaries/ubers, I've really no right to complain about people who use them.

fierylord

Charmander! Yay!
I love going On Serebii Wi-Fi chat and finding an 8-year-old with ubers that aren't EVED and owning them with Non-Ubers!

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
I see that many are coming around.

Wifi battlers should refuse to be limited by the narrow mindedness of the so called "competitive" battlers.

I see signatures all over this forum proclaiming 90%+ winning percentages.
What a joke, no one performs at a 90%+ pace in ANYTHING that is actually competitive. Only by severely limiting the number of variables inherent to pokemon battles can anyone win at that kind of pace.

Amazingly Game Freak offers no such limits. No evasion clauses, sleep clauses, whatever, etc. exist. Things like the sleep clause are a bad joke anyway. The object is to make your opponents pokemon faint. NOT TO MAKE them sleep. I have seen dozens of anti-sleep strategies on WIFI. That is an entire aspect of pokemon that the "shoddyits" never have to deal with. Those who think that the exclusion of the most powerful pokes in the Battle Tower games, somehow proves a tier system; your wrong! By definition it only proves an IN GAME tier system!
Nothing stops you from using any poke on wifi or in link battles. On wifi none of the "competitive" rules exist except (again) IN GAME.

The snobs, droids, and clones who slavishly follow the "tier" system want only to make this game predictable. They want a linear competition like bridge. They use terms like "counters" the way a bridge player uses the word "trump". They have rules beyond those built into the game because the number of possible permutations daunts them.

Our game should be like chess, not checkers!

Of course Smogon ;)can give a "best" move set, and nature, and ability. The creators of such recommendations have only to account for a limited number of possibilities. The ones that they are the most comfortable with.

Amazingly, on wifi, every battle gets resolved. In spite of Dark Void, or Double Team. A team of all plusels and minums can beat your dialga and darkrai. How much fun is that? Personally I can count on one hand the number of times a non-choice item poke has ever been stalled into a struggle on random wifi. Not true for "competitive" battles.

So quit crabbing. The random wifi is the real deal. The way the game was meant to be played. The "shoddy" battlers, and the so called "certified" RMT crowd have had things there way long enough. Go on line. Have fun.

BadIntent

MSankey
Wifi battlers should refuse to be limited by the narrow mindedness of the so called "competitive" battlers.
Okay, I see where you're coming from BUT...

-Smogon's tiers are used for a very good reason. It allows players to use pokemon from the lower end of the spectrum competitively without being utterly outclassed in every single match by the same 8-9 uber pokemon. It actually forces people to use more pokemon and think more creatively. It broadens the amount of functional strategies because you don't constantly have to be concerned with being over powered by astronmical base stats. You actually have time to set up a strategy and adjust to what you oppenent does. Sounds like chess to me.

-The competitive rules are in place to make the game just that- more competitive. It doesn't take a whole lot of skill to spam dark void with Darkrai, and water spout with Kyogre. That's why on Wi-Fi those are the two most common pokemon followed by the rest of the uber tier pokemon. But if you ban those pokemon you see more often than not that the better player wins not the one with pokemon of the highest base stat total.

However, Nintendo has yet to put any restrictions on Wi-Fi like they have in game. And so people still come online with their AR'd, shiny ubers and think they're so great when they manage to barely get away with beating a team of non-legendaries. The same happens in Nintendo hosted tournaments; if you've ever been to one, practically everyone's team is stacked with ubers. Personally I've had enough of it, but to each their own. I've endured far too many n00bers on random Wi-Fi with the same 'strategy' for my taste.

Amazingly, on wifi, every battle gets resolved. In spite of Dark Void, or Double Team. A team of all plusels and minums can beat your dialga and darkrai..

You'd have to be on something or just be very unskilled to let that happen...

Ectoplasmicblob

Eh.. not into that

What a joke, no one performs at a 90%+ pace in ANYTHING that is actually competitive. Only by severely limiting the number of variables inherent to pokemon battles can anyone win at that kind of pace.

Amazingly Game Freak offers no such limits. No evasion clauses, sleep clauses, whatever, etc. exist. Things like the sleep clause are a bad joke anyway. The object is to make your opponents pokemon faint. NOT TO MAKE them sleep. I have seen dozens of anti-sleep strategies on WIFI. That is an entire aspect of pokemon that the "shoddyits" never have to deal with. Those who think that the exclusion of the most powerful pokes in the Battle Tower games, somehow proves a tier system; your wrong! By definition it only proves an IN GAME tier system!
Nothing stops you from using any poke on wifi or in link battles. On wifi none of the "competitive" rules exist except (again) IN GAME.

The snobs, droids, and clones who slavishly follow the "tier" system want only to make this game predictable. They want a linear competition like bridge. They use terms like "counters" the way a bridge player uses the word "trump". They have rules beyond those built into the game because the number of possible permutations daunts them.

Of course Smogon ;)can give a "best" move set, and nature, and ability. The creators of such recommendations have only to account for a limited number of possibilities. The ones that they are the most comfortable with.

Amazingly, on wifi, every battle gets resolved. In spite of Dark Void, or Double Team. A team of all plusels and minums can beat your dialga and darkrai. How much fun is that? Personally I can count on one hand the number of times a non-choice item poke has ever been stalled into a struggle on random wifi. Not true for "competitive" battles.

So quit crabbing. The random wifi is the real deal. The way the game was meant to be played. The "shoddy" battlers, and the so called "certified" RMT crowd have had things there way long enough. Go on line. Have fun.

I think I love you.

I don't care what you use on random wifi. The more twists the better for me!

Gabriel Rocha Nascimento

Garoto de Macaé
I like PokéCup rules from Pokémon Stadium =D

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
I've had some uber matches on Wi-Fi lately, so predictable it's hilarious that last uber user that I beat fainted 3/4 of my team while I managed to take down his kyogre and palkia. Then only my Vespiquen was left and he pretty much ignored her for most of the battle wich allowed me to get 4 defense orders in wich pretty much ment I bored his Hydro Cannon spamming Blastoise and Raquaza to defeat using Toxic & Roost

Averyy

Ima firin' muh lazer
I don't mind battling ubers because, as many of you have said, some of them are just people who think they'll win because they have lengendaries. I DESPISE hacked ubers! This one fellow came in with two hacked Darkrai on a random Wi-fi battle and I had no respect for him. Right when he was about to win I cut off my Wii :p

NINJA PENGUIN2

<-- YOU WILL BE MINE
i dont mind, garchomp on wifi, or Ubers controlled by noobs, you know the ones that dont ev train and you just sweep. but i hate Ev'd ones on wifi because it becomes unfair.

Splitzman

Bad to the Horn
They sometimes test your might, other occassions, they suck horribly. Like stated before, 1 or 2 are okay, but 3-6? Screw that!

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
I'm not really phased if people use ubers its up to them but it really bugs me when they use multiple ones. About two days ago I battled this trainer who had 3 darkrai that was annoying.

I dont mind Ubers on PBR wifi because 7/10 chance (IMO) they are controlled by noobs who have no idea how to use them (Giratina using slash on my Dusknoir?) However 3/10 chance they are Ev trained with skilled users and are forces to be reckoned with. It gets really frustrating when uber users beat your standard pokemon and think theyre the best.

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny

well said dude

the only thing that should be stopped (imo) is using 2 of the same pokemon in 1 team... but that's just to stop me getting bored