• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers on random WiFi, hate or love em?

Love or hate uber users?

• I love battling people using ubers.

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • I hate them

Votes: 120 46.0%

• Total voters

MANU3500

I always lose against these cheaters....'cause that's a cheat. How am I going to have a nice battle if the third or fourth pokémon is gonna be a Mewtwo or sth that is going to smash my carefully trained Starmie?

Darth Xeinive

Master Fire Trainer
It all depends, if i can tell they are not experienced then its fun. However if they are evd ubers, or are used by somebody who knows what they are doing then i really hate it.

Kaasuti

MegaKaasutizard
well, I guess "hate" iz a strong word in mah case. I jux started doin wi-fi random battles, nd yeh.. ubers r gunna, difficult. nd getz kinda weird when u hav 2battle dem ova nd ovaa again o_o kuz jux so many ppl hav em omg xD still, I like seeing dem on the stage =O &&they keep thingz fun when. I mean, it'd get kinda plain 2me if I NEVER ran into ppl wit ubers x__x;

(jux a personal opinion lolz) xD

Wow, i could hardly understand any of this, whats with the annoying chatspeak?

I hate people using ubers if they don't know how to use them, or they use wobbuffet.

Blivsey

DATA_ERROR
Well, I don't HATE them, but I am getting annoyed at seeing Legendaries and Lucario/Garchomp/T-tar everywhere when I go on random.

I find them pretty annoying, most uber users on wifi don't have much experience at all and I feel as if they're showing off sometimes when they use horrible moves such as hyper beam and roar of time, I prefer using normal non uber pokemon now. its such a funny thing to see ubers get taken down by NFE or UU pokemon though

adams64

i hate seeing ubers on random wifi im trying to try out some new pokemon that arent quite up to competitive battleing yet and i all i find is a guy who uses a kyogre and darkrai lead! but it can be fun when there not properly trained though. both my alakazam and weavile out sped it and my alakazam wasn't even EV trained fully yet. ha ha ha

TR_Jessie

Adventure Seeker
I love it when people use ubers. It's really annoying when I run into those guys
who take complete and total advantage over the power of them, though.
The good thing about that is that it's a challenge.

I, myself use two ubers on my best team, along with two OU, one BL and one UU.

darkrai2cool4u

Another Headbanger
i persannally think ubers are stupid unless you have a battle with a friend where you both use them, bu otherwise i think it shows how some people are so bad, they need ubers to win

BloodyxNear

p s ii c h o logical
I adore ubers.
They are very challenging and it gets my adrenaline pumping for once.
Though ubers are over powered it really isn't too hard to beat them if you think over your moves carefully. What I found works is if you don't go for raw power and take time to use stat power ups. [Amnesia, Sunny Day ect.] If you take time to do so and then go for raw power, your sure to succeed~
Works for me anyway, haha.

Edit; The only ubers I really disapprove of are 999 stats. >>; That's rather ridiculous.. you don't need stats like that to be unbeatable.

@darkrai2cool4u ; Actually, ubers aren't as good at winning for you as they are assumed to be. You have to really plan out their movesets and everything just like any other Pokemon.

Last edited:

Ryanfireball

Pokemon Master
I honestly don't differentiate them from normal Pokemon, honestly I don't care, so what, sometimes I use them sometimes I don't, currently I have 1 on my team, sometimes I have none, occasionally I have 3 or so, it's all the same to me, Pokemon are Pokemon.

But I think it is way more fun to battle them because no one uses them hardly, no matter if I win or lose.

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
I've said before I don't mind them but now I'm sick of seeing countless Giratina, Darkrai Dialga & Palkia. :mad: The trainers that use them don't seem to have any strategy at all. Every single Giratina I face keeps using Shadow Force. Every Darkrai keeps spamming Dark Void and Palkia and Dialga keep using Roar of Time and Spacial Rend. It gets really annoying when you've been playing the game for about 2 hours and 80% of the trainers you face have one or all of the ubers I just mentioned...

Blue Raja

1000+ Triples wins!
Maybe it is just me.

I seem to face teams that have some of the exact same pokes I am using on my current pass. I see similar teams all of the time. If I throw an Uber tier poke on my pass I get more Uber opponents.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
In general I laugh at clueless uber users but if you got people who know what their doing and your using an UU-OU team and your facing a Modest choice specced Kyogre who just 2 shots your hole team. That's depressing because you know what their gonna do but you can't do anything against it.

Dapuff

well if theres one or 2 i really dont mind. I use Garchomp but its not one of those uber swordsdancer ones its a choicechomp. but anyway yeah, I dont really mind um at all for the most part.