• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers on random WiFi, hate or love em?

Love or hate uber users?

• I love battling people using ubers.

Votes: 141 54.0%
  • I hate them

Votes: 120 46.0%

• Total voters

Geo20k

Personally i love battling them, because most people who use them are n00bs, and probably havn't EV trained them, making them way too easy(Unless Darkrai uses Dark void on the first turn).

PokemonPrincessSarah

Pokemon addict
People are bound to use legendary Pokemon because they are powerful and they know good moves. It's just their way of battling and people are allowed to use different tequniques. If you are one of those people that likes to train really hard then it should give you a good challenge, so I don't know why you are complaining. I also don't know why you are complaining when you claim to beat them easily, because everyone is in it to win. Who gets miserable about winning? Personally I don't EV train but I use my action replay to get stat enhancers and I enhance my Pokemon's stats when they get to level 40. My favourite Pokemon are the ones that have been useful to me for a long time and the ones that I have spent forever training, but I am also a fan of using legendaries. Also, alot of Pokemon gain EVs naturally and they get 100 for each stat out of my stat enhancers.

I'm not one of those arrogant players who insult or confuse people will silly words such as 'noob' and 'uber' and I don't think that my Pokemon are better than everyone else's.

I am not one of those people who are fussy about natures and I will train just about anything. I have been enjoying that for nearly 10 years now and I've won and lost my fair share of battles.

~Cosmic~

The Plot Thickens
I love it when people use them, because many non-uber teams are capable of taking down one of all ubers. And it always feels nice when that happens.

I don't condone those who use ubers, because not everyone buys into all of Smogon's guidelines and tiers and whatnot.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
I find them fun to face now that I've gotten Diamond and don't have to use the rental passes anymore. The way I see it is simple, they don't know anything about game mechanics. I can go in w/ 2 pokemon and take them down fairly easily. But I have faced full teams of EVed and that was a fun challenge, but annoying.
I only use Ubers in game, since I see them as fun to use just for fun. In a real life battle, I like to see the pokemon everyone LIKES to use because of the pokemon themselves, not those that are super-strong.

Sairus

The Illuminated
I never use uber's on my team, and I'm far too lazy to EV train my guys. Having said that though, I generally love fighting ubers because it's such an uphill struggle to try and take them down. Really makes you feel like you earned the win!
(And if you lose, you have the excuse that they were using ubers! Win win! XD)

siburke939

<------ my 1st shiny
i use a "cover stars" team: ;382; ;383; ;384; ;483; ;484; ;487; (all at lvl75 right now) & the team in my signature (all at lvl56 & slowly rising) i just flip between them 2 teams for now

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
My opinion on Ubers changes a lot lately. Some days I'll hate them and disconnect if a person uses more than one sometimes I'll battle them.

I don't follow tiers if I like a Pokémon I'll train it regardless if it's UU or OU and all the rest. Personally I don't use ubers because it would be too easy to win battles because I'd EV train them. It just gets really annoying when people use multiple ones.

Last edited:

Emperuto

Beware seawaves!!
I like when people use ubbers because 1 of two things may happen:

1° The guy is a complete n00b, therefore making a very easy battle.

2° The ubbers are EVed and this is going to be a very fun and difficult battle :D

Mequuh

I don't mind them. My team is set up where 3 of my 6 members can handle ubers.

My team is Scizor, Garchomp, Kingdra, Metagross, Tyranitar, Blissey
So no problems =]

Ubers don't really bother me, my team has 3 ubers and 3 OUs (all ev trained) so if my opponent uses ubers I use them,if they don't I use OUs.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Both ways for me

I hate going agains a team with all ubers... but i did beat two uber teams. For me i only use 1-2 ubers and thats it

Icefiyre

Banned
Used to hate them, but now I love battling people using ubers. <:

You can take most uber users down easily, but...if you're unlucky and the uber user knows how to battle! Then your screwed, but not really! You still have a chance... :/

Ghost Dialga

Master Trainer
My answer is a cross between abstain and hate it. As long as it's not an Uber Hacked with maxed out EVs and IVs, impossible to learn moves, and unrealistic stats, I don't care. An Uber is no more powerful than any other Pokémon unless it's trained right, and any Pokémon can beat an Uber as long as it's trained right.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Least in Pokemon Battle Revolution they will blocked hacked Ubers on wi-fi.. Well in my game anyways

Penguinist Trainer

I don't mind having battles with ubers for a couple of reasons. The 1st is because I train all my pokemon specifically to be the best they can. 2nd, I like the idea of seeing my ubers in 3D rather than a little sprite.

Right now I've got 2 special trainer cards. The 1st one is an all dragon card which includes pokemon such as Dilaga, Giratina, Rayquaza, Latias, Dragonite, Garchomp. It's not a card with a lot of strategy behind it, but I just made it so I could see my dragons battle.

The 2nd one includes event pokemon and some legendaries including Mew, Mewtwo, Deoxys, Phione, Jirachi, and Regigigas. It's another non-strategy card. I just made it so I could see some of my special pokemon in battle.

All the rest of my trainer cards usually involve a balanced team with specific strategies depending on the opponent. But I'll go back to my uber cards every now and then just to see them battle.

I'm fine with ubers myself, it's a really nice challenge to try to beat them, and it makes me feel really proud of myself if I win. But what I don't like is when some idiot just does something like spamming giratina's shadow force or darkrai's dark void again and again without end. It just shows that person has no real stratagy, and therefore in my opinion, no skill. But that's just my opinion, don't have to agree with me.

I hate it when you have to battle a team with EV trained ubers.