• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Ubers/OU) Stupid things you've seen on the ladder

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
- Non Mega Scizor with SD + U-turn trying to set up on a Reshiram.
- Ferrothorn with Life Orb.
- Toxic Jolteon.
- Foul Play Weavile.
- Pidgeot.
- Said Pidgeot using Heat Wave on Venusaur.
- Hyper Voice + Tri Attack Togekiss.
- Delphox.
And that's just a few.

Basically, post the things that you've seen on the ladder that are absolutely terrible, whether it's a Choice Specs Machamp, someone who Tricked you an Armor Fossil, or maybe an Eviolite Kakuna. Whatever the case is, we've all seen some things while laddering a new alt that we wish we could forget.

When said terrible things end up working:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-115877283
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-115879326

Trolling the lower ladder is fun. Specscadrill, QuiverMoth, Fizzy Greninja, and Curse Ferrothorn make up 2/3s of my team.* The other two members are AV Conk and Mega Pinsir, mainly for an offensive fallback should I need them. (Im the dude who won both times btw)

*Team is not serious in any way, nor do I condone using such terrible gimmicks. This team is merely for entertainment purposes only, and will not be seen in any serious play.

Mye

Someone has to win..
Not sure if this counts, but while facing someone in a wifi battle I once saw them use a full baton pass team (including mega scizor, mr mime, espeon, and smeargle) only to baton pass the entire thing onto a shedinja who was inexplicably holding a choice band. The sad thing is that it was able to kill half my team before I could pick it off with will-o-wisp.

Sadly reverse laddering is no longer a thing, but I did a lot of it on the early Ubers ladder. Saw some stuff like physical Delphox, Sludge Wave Zygarde, Suction Cups Malamar, Hyper Beam Arcanine, etc.

I'll make some accounts that have a bunch of Frisk users and an Imposter Ditto on the teams so that I can hover at the bottom of the ladder and explore the minds of some more competitive newbies.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
The Delpohx gag still a thing, huh? Maybe I just have a terrible sense of humor.

Anyway, I don't save a lot of my battles with awful teams, but you've never seen really bad things unless you've played Ubers, especially if you're just starting out.

One of the most notable ones I've seen was a team that led with a Leftovers Chansey that knew Blizzard and Fire Blast. The rest of the team was just as bad, but I don't remember it all.

Another team was one that consisted only of Scolipede, Magikarp and a level 1 Sturdy Magnemite with Berry Juice and Recycle/Toxic/Swagger/Thunder Wave.

I also have an interesting one from today that I forgot to save, but it wasn't so much stupid as it was that he relied on the opponent being stupid with nicknames. Among the nicknames was an Arceus-Steel named "Arceus-Fly." It wasn't until I beat it with Groudon's Earthquake that I even realized it was nicknamed, though.

Played some matches, saw some crap, laughed my *** off.

G1: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-116286417

Opponent's team:
- Hydro Cannon / Blizzard / Waterfall / Dark Pulse Torrent Greninja
- Charge Beam / Thunder / Thunder Punch / Thunder Wave Ampharos
- Hyper Beam / Dig Mega Tyranitar
- Some Charizard
- Some Abomasnow
- Some Lucario

G2: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-116287951

Opponent's team:

you really need to watch the replay to appreciate this, I'll just say that Torterra had Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, and Stone Edge in its last spots and Floatzel had Hydro Pump in its last spot

also electrizer pikachu is the new metagame

Ace Trainer Riana

I managed to lose to a defensive gyarados. Some Japanese guy was running a defensive gyarados and it managed to take a dragon claw from my +3 Dragonite.

Tangeh

I've seen so many garchomps with dig that I'm starting to wonder if there's a merit to it that I'm missing? o_O

Bakphoon™

Heated Fury
Once I got a random team which had a Klefki with CHOICE SCARF.
3/4 moves were status moves, and it's ability was Prankster. The 4th move was Foul Play. Does anybody need a scarf for Klefki? -_-

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
In-game teams.

Showdown's not the place for that kids...

Arty-Kun

Kill it with weather
I battled an Agility/Drill Peck Skarmory earlier today, kinda threw me off.
Also battled a Body Slam + Curse + Heal Bell Miltank in OU. Sounds great on paper and in NU but when it's standing in front of an Aegislash the results are much different lol.

Rio!

Composer
I battled an Agility/Drill Peck Skarmory earlier today, kinda threw me off.
Also battled a Body Slam + Curse + Heal Bell Miltank in OU. Sounds great on paper and in NU but when it's standing in front of an Aegislash the results are much different lol.

I actually use this every once in a while when I'm feeling adventurous on Rotation Battles.
Then too, this is just on Random Match-up so depending on what I see in the previews, I don't bother with it. XD

Ace Trainer Riana

So I lost to the most gimmicky thing in Battle Spot. It was a Focus Sash/Endeavor/Quick Attack Rattata at Level 34

Ryuken

Steel User

Zachmac

But it is incredibly gimmicky. It basically is relying on opponent not to have Priority/Ghost.
Or leftovers, or sandstorm, or toxic, or will-o-wisp...and the person using FEAR Rattata is pretty much guaranteed to lose their pokemon as well, so it hardly ever will improve your situation too terribly much.