• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Ubers/OU) Stupid things you've seen on the ladder

insanejames

Unorthodox Trainer
the dumbest thing i have had the pleaser of fighting in the ou was a Gengar with lick Substitute headbut and i never saw saw the last move as it was easyly dispached

SATB

Adamant Mandibuzz. But boy that Brave Bird ripped a chunk out of Conkeldurr and Mega Venasaur.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I've heard of low quality Showdown ladders but...

...wow

There's a reason they say to play on cart for these formats.

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
We must stop and a take take a moment to ponder.

Is what we're seeing, not stupid, but innovative??

Sort of like that Sub+Focus Punch Gengar I saw the other day.
sure it looks dumb when it's not doing much damage, but bring in your Blissey and see who's KO'n who

edit: oh cool Aegislash learns Shock Wave

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
We must stop and a take take a moment to ponder.

Is what we're seeing, not stupid, but innovative??

Sort of like that Sub+Focus Punch Gengar I saw the other day.
sure it looks dumb when it's not doing much damage, but bring in your Blissey and see who's KO'n who

edit: oh cool Aegislash learns Shock Wave
SubPunch was okay back in previous Gens, but Blissey is largely irrelevant now and you can't kill Eviolite Chansey with it.

Duzzeno

I fought someone with no items and another person where all/most of his pokemon knew HM moves.

I think that both of these guys were just fooling around with their in game teams.

amoebo

amoeboVGC
Multiple theme teams. These range from:

-NFE/Eviolite (actually hard to take down as they were using stuff like porygon2, gligar, etc)
-Electric Type 1 Stage
-Fossils

I have also seen TR with Mega Sharpedo, special Garchomp, and Unfezant.

Just, unfezant.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
Saw a killer rock polish/sturdy/weakness policy aggron today, it managed to get the weakness policy boost from my conkeldurr then immediately KO'd itself with double-edge... shame it only gets one ability at a time. Although I switched in my garchomp anyway so rough skin would have killed it.

Last edited: