1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

(Ubers/OU) Stupid things you've seen on the ladder

Discussion in '6th Gen' started by UbersSuck20, May 1, 2014.

1. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

...Hyper Cutter is the most common ability that you'll see on Pinsirs on the ladder. It prevents it from being Intimidated prior to Mega Evolving; given most Pinsir Mega Evolve ASAP, it's better than Moxie or Mold Breaker which rarely, if ever, do anything.

2. Disaster_Lord

Disaster_Lord Sad Bayleef is Sad.

Welp i got a flying ballon rotom W...It kinda worked since it got a free switch on my moldbreaker excadrill...But i just couldnt stop laughing for 2 minutes.

3. ger9119

ger9119 Well-Known Member

Well to be fair, Mold Breaker can be used to hit Rotom-W with EQ before mega evolving on a switch in or before mega evolving which is pretty good to combat one of Mega Pinsir's main checks. Hyper Cutter is just as good.

I saw a parafusion lapras which was bodyslam + confuse ray which i thought was pretty bad coming off a special attack boosting nature.

4. Ace Trainer Riana

Ace Trainer Riana Well-Known Member

Moxie allows it to revenge kill something with Quick attack and get an attack boost before mega evolving.

Just ran into someone who sent out a Gengar against my scarfed Excadrill and then follows that up by sending out Rotom while having a Pinsir and Balloon Excadrill

Last edited: Sep 8, 2014
  5. Disaster_Lord

Without aegislash the only reason you will carry eq is hating duoblade. A +2 mpinsir has the chance to deal serious damage to any rotom form and Skarm with CC, without forcing you to delay the mega evo.

6. KillerDraco

KillerDraco The Enforcer Staff Member Super Mod

Except that doesn't change the fact that Hyper Cutter is in fact, not stupid, considering it has the most reliable niche of all the standard abilities before Mega Evolving, especially considering non-Aerilate Quick Attack does less than 30% on frail targets like Alakazam and Greninja, meaning most things have to be heavily weakened for a Quick Attack to kill them. Hyper Cutter is the most common because its effect can be achieved without holding off on Mega Evolving.

Now what is stupid with regards to Pinsir is running into non-Pinsirite Pinsir. I've seen one or two LO Pinsirs and a Scarf Pinsir once. Seriously facepalm worthy; much like Mawile and Kanga, there's no real reason to use the standard Pokemon due to its Mega Evolution being the only thing that makes it viable in standard play.

7. Rio!

Rio! Composer

I ran into someone who kept spamming Sheer Cold with Kyogre and took out half my team before I could do anything about it. :I

I also find it weird seeing that comment about CharX in doubles; he actually does his job pretty well, especially if you choose to take the bulky route. ;o

8. cryuel

cryuel Well-Known Member

I run a Choice Specs Frosslass on PS in preparation to incorporating her on my team, and with great success at that actually ^_^, though to be fair she's part of my Ghost mono team. Catches people off guard at the least, and her attacks definitely hurt especially with the Specs and some STAB.

9. Ace Trainer Riana

I ran into a Choice Scarf Dragonite...that used Draco Meteor over something like maybe Outrage or even Hurricane since I had Medicham out.

10. Disaster_Lord

Actually despite being outclased by a lot of things as a choice scarfer Dnite in this gen as a standalone mon, he has several toys to play with in rain teams since he is the only OU dragon with acces to Stab Dmeteor, Huricane, surf, and thunder at the same time while also having acces to EQ and Superpower to snipe enemy weather users such as ttar and ninetails. It was seen commonly in the last gen weather wars. I guess its a semi viable set that didnt age well.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  11. Gray™

Gray™ Well-Known Member

I once saw a guy using Emolga in OU....wait no that was me....umm.....
    One time I saw a guy laddering with a sun team that had Vulpix instead of Ninetails.....also me......
    Oh and then there was this one guy who used physical Keldeo....and....that was me....again...

12. Ace Trainer Riana

Well it still used the wrong move, even if it was built light that.

13. Sutittaja

Sutittaja Lightning zebra

When I was battling with OU team, my opponent used special attacking Rampardos. And same trainer used special attacking Garchomp.. I was wordless..

14. Disaster_Lord

Mixchomp is decent and surf/stealth rock epower dmeteor fireblast chomp was a weird but effective choice against his switch ins. Mega chomp outclasses it greatly now.

I cant see how a special attacking rampy could work...even wuth sheer force it is just lacluster in every way.

15. Ace Trainer Riana

I ran into a knock off Clefable. I can get the logic behind it, but why?

16. Disaster_Lord

Because it is unexpected? Some stuff that actually switch into cm or wishfable hate losing their items. I guess it makes sense in context. But cleff has such an amazing 4MS syndrome already.

17. Ace Trainer Riana

I came across the worst rain team ever. It had no Kingdra or Kabutops or even Omastar. The only things abusing rain were Rain Dish Tentacruel and Hurricane Noivern.

18. Disaster_Lord

...No kamis? no scarf dnite? no azu/dawnt? No freaking Mscizors? Welp i guess he just likes the rain animation on wifi or the extra text on PS XD

19. Ace Trainer Riana

In Ubers, this guy kept trying to focus blast my Arceus-poison with Xerneas, and then tried using Focus Blast with Mega Kangaskhan

Different battle Scald Azumarril with Leftovers and Choice Specs Sylveon.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  20. deoxysdude94

deoxysdude94 I'm gonna miss my boi Deoxys...

You can laugh all you want, but I can pull off delphox in OU. No one expects magic coat, so if I start with it, they can't get any entry hazards in.

I've seen a bit, like an aegislash without King's shield. That one really confused me.