• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Ubers/OU) Stupid things you've seen on the ladder

disboardvagrant

well over 9000
lol I once went against this guy with a team that mirrors the original twitch plays pokemon team, down to the names.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-174292061

Not sure that I would necessarily call this stupid... I mean the team certainly isn't very competitive, but dang, this man deserves a lava cookie :DD

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
This battle speaks for itself. Ignore the fact that I'm using Substitute/Roost/DD/Return Mega Salamence which is probably the most stupid thing out there right now, but Blizzard Greninja and Crunch Heatran.

Welcome to the bottom of the ladder, enjoy your stay.

But to be fair, that Heatran was offensive and probably ran Crunch specifically to get the Latis on the switch. Still really situational but it can work.

Ace Trainer Riana

Okay, new frontrunner for biggest idiot. Opponent had Wobbuffet out and used Encore on a choice scarf Excadrill. Counter would have won the game.

Deltadromeus

On random battle Showdown. Fan Rotom with an Air Ballon. I mean, wtf! How much immunity to ground do you need!

Ace Trainer Riana

I outsped a Dugtrio was my Mega Diancie. The pokemon was that was supposed to save my opponent's stall team was slower than the pokemon that wrecks it.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I was testing my new team in Pokemon Showdown. My opponent had Blissey out and I had Cradily. I was setting Sthealth Rocks, but then opponent Blissey used... Water Pulse...against my Storm Drain Cradily...So yeah... Thanks to that, I got 2.5 times bigger Special attack and got it killed with Rock Slide while it was so busy about boosting my stats. Then I just swept rest of team thanks to that.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I ran into something that was both genius and stupid in the form of a Timid Scarf Zoroark with HP Ice. It had to be scarfed if it outsped my Jolly Scarf Landorus-T. In theory it's not that stupid since it beats Landorus-T and Mega Salamence and ultimately me, but the fact that it's come to that point now is hilariously awful. The entirety of OR/AS OU literally revolves around Mega Salamence so much that it's not even absurd anymore. Can't wait until they implement the ban on Mega Salamence.

ger9119

I ran into something that was both genius and stupid in the form of a Timid Scarf Zoroark with HP Ice. It had to be scarfed if it outsped my Jolly Scarf Landorus-T. In theory it's not that stupid since it beats Landorus-T and Mega Salamence and ultimately me, but the fact that it's come to that point now is hilariously awful. The entirety of OR/AS OU literally revolves around Mega Salamence so much that it's not even absurd anymore. Can't wait until they implement the ban on Mega Salamence.

Speaking of M-Mence i've faced Sub/Roost/DD/Return set which was horrendous

Eaglehawk

Banned
Speaking of M-Mence i've faced Sub/Roost/DD/Return set which was horrendous

Wat.

SubRoost is by far one of the better sets for MegaMence simply because it allows it to somewhat bypass burns. It already has an amazing defensive numbers, thus making it very viable for SubRoost + DD. Besides, Flying is a great STAB in this metagame. Substitute allows it to bypass its most popular counter, Rotom-W.

Honestly, MegaMence is at a point in the metagame where there are almost no bad set for it. Hell, you can even run it on stall and it'll work fantastically.

Anyone who uses mence needs to jump off a cliff. It's not funny anymore and you're almost as bad as BP users.

Anyways I was bopped by a fkin Scarf Jolteon. Like no. What are you doing and why do you have no brain cells. Scarfninja is legit. Jolteon is shît.

Eaglehawk

Banned
Anyone who uses mence needs to jump off a cliff. It's not funny anymore and you're almost as bad as BP users.

Anyways I was bopped by a fkin Scarf Jolteon. Like no. What are you doing and why do you have no brain cells. Scarfninja is legit. Jolteon is shît.

SkarfNinja is luv. SkarfNinja is lyfe.

Though honestly, just having to run ScarfNinja just illustrates how damn absurd MegaMence is :|

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Wat.

SubRoost is by far one of the better sets for MegaMence simply because it allows it to somewhat bypass burns. It already has an amazing defensive numbers, thus making it very viable for SubRoost + DD. Besides, Flying is a great STAB in this metagame. Substitute allows it to bypass its most popular counter, Rotom-W.

I think that's what he meant, because in that sense I agree. Sub/Roost/DD/Return is one of the most horrendous things you can run into right now in the sense that it's horrendously strong, but then again that tends to happen when you're Mega Salamence in OU. I've used it before and it's laughably easy to set up with it. Stuff like Crunch Heatran is one level of stupid, but Mega Salamence is on its own level there.

XXD17

Draco rex
I think that's what he meant, because in that sense I agree. Sub/Roost/DD/Return is one of the most horrendous things you can run into right now in the sense that it's horrendously strong, but then again that tends to happen when you're Mega Salamence in OU. I've used it before and it's laughably easy to set up with it. Stuff like Crunch Heatran is one level of stupid, but Mega Salamence is on its own level there.

I think we can agree that mega mence is the literal definition of over-centralization lol...and here I am struggling with my mega sceptile XD

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Salamence and Slowbro are both incredibly stupid.

And to think some people actually consider Mence "balanced". (Then again those are probably the same people who think Mamoswine makes it not broken).

Back on topic: I've seen special attacking Landorus (T) lately. GG frens

That's actually common now.

I think it's to break MegaBro don't quote me though.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 306-360 (77.6 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(Stats changed for mega slowbro.)

There's no need for that since Dark Pulse does 89 minimum with Life Orb

252 SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 242-289 (61.4 - 73.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ SpA Life Orb Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 265-315 (67.2 - 79.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Mega Bro doesn't warrant the use of specs without hazards however it does have a small chance with rocks and a modest nature. Timid reaches a 2HKO with and without rocks

252+ SpA Choice Specs Greninja Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Slowbro: 306-360 (77.6 - 91.3%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock