• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Ubers/OU) Stupid things you've seen on the ladder

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Assault Vest Blissey.

Don't ever listen to Verlisify, that's not good at all lol.

Zachmac

Girafarig. I never got to see it's moves because I OHKOed it, but I still saw one in OU, and that's scary.

Cobalt2

Some Random Guy...
Entrainment Durant is really nasty.
I've also seen a Togekiss with Ancient Power, Ominous Wind, and Silver Wind

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Hp ice incarnate landorus...he must really really hate other landorus.

KillerDraco

Hp ice incarnate landorus...he must really really hate other landorus.

...That's actually neither unheard of nor stupid, given it obliterates not only other Landorus-I, but also Landorus-T, Garchomp, Dragonite, etc. It's not on every set, and its usage has declined in the past few months, but it's definitely not completely stupid and thus isn't really appropriate in this thread.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
My bad there i should have mentioned that landorus t had an AV and that he kept spamming hp ice on my MVenusaur...And i still find hp ice in lando I kinda pointless, i guess it has some uses like poping out a ballon or hit a dnite after SR damage.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
My bad there i should have mentioned that landorus t had an AV in the post...And i still find hp ice in lando i kinda pointless, i guess it has some uses like poping out a ballon or hit a dnite after SR damage.

HP Ice is the the most common Hidden Power in OU, and it does work well on Landorus and many others.
AV Landorus isn't bad at all, it's not hindering it. Rock Polish isn't as popular as it once was and rocks can be used on literally everything else, and outside of that Landorus is mainly defensive (Landorus T) with U-Turn or offensive with Life Orb or Scarf (Landorus I).

My bad there i should have mentioned that landorus t had an AV and that he kept spamming hp ice on my MVenusaur...And i still find hp ice in lando I kinda pointless, i guess it has some uses like poping out a ballon or hit a dnite after SR damage.

Sp.Def Gliscor and bulky Dnite are popular nowadays for their ability to counter Landorus, so having an attack that can severely damage them is far from useless.

On topic, apparently upon seeing the Aegislash suspect some people immediately thought "crap aegis is gonna be banned, but doublade can work just as well, right?"

Now doublade's usable in OU. Not great, but certainly not stupid. What's stupid is that I've faced two doublades now that run Shadow Ball. Yeah.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Welp at least that is something i wouldnt use, or only consider with a scarf version its is just that he lost many potential kos without the lifeorb an the hp ice spam didnt even justify the attempts if breaking aegislash ballon. I think it is a combination of enemy stupidity with a set that had no use against the team i was using.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Sp.Def Gliscor and bulky Dnite are popular nowadays for their ability to counter Landorus, so having an attack that can severely damage them is far from useless.

On topic, apparently upon seeing the Aegislash suspect some people immediately thought "crap aegis is gonna be banned, but doublade can work just as well, right?"

Now doublade's usable in OU. Not great, but certainly not stupid. What's stupid is that I've faced two doublades now that run Shadow Ball. Yeah.
Doublade can't learn Shadow Ball.

nameman

Ace Trainer Riana

Doublade has no special attack or defense, so running Shadow Ball would be pointless if it could learn it. It doesn't really have any moves to use with its ability either.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Duoblade has his uses, he really majes florges suffer in UU. But there is no way he will live to the battle capabilities of aegislash...I still dint get why the suspect test on him I mean he does have some reliable checks...Is this because of the rise he had with airballon in this soon to be vanquished deoxys HO meta?

Well to stay on topic Im just gonna ignore the amount of scald lo greninjas i found today...I found a team using LO special attacking Moldbreaker druddigon...Outside of paralizing Magic bouncers and limber mons or attempting to break a sturdy mon i just cant justify this guy on an OU team.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Duoblade has his uses, he really majes florges suffer in UU. But there is no way he will live to the battle capabilities of aegislash...I still dint get why the suspect test on him I mean he does have some reliable checks...Is this because of the rise he had with airballon in this soon to be vanquished deoxys HO meta?
Air balloon + HP ice deals with most of its checks.
And the special and mixed variants are really scurry lol.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Air balloon + HP ice deals with most of its checks.
And the special and mixed variants are really scurry lol.
I iinda dig that since most people did a negative speed creep as a remanant of the SD aegislash era...Yeh I kind of see why he us being tested now...im still using a spdef chessnaught to check on this guy and non hpfire venusaur but i kind of see the damage calcs if aegislah turnd out to be holding a LO.

KillerDraco

Stay on topic. If you'd like to discuss Aegislash being suspect tested, you can do it in either the Tier List & Standard Rules Discussion Thread or the Aegislash discussion thread. Further posts about Aegislash and its suspect test in this thread will be considered spam and thus dealt with accordingly.

So to bring this thread back on topic... Stupidest thing I've seen lately? Infestation Mega Scizor. I think I'll stick to Pursuit if I wanna try to "trap" someone's Pokemon.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I just found a black belt Focus blast excadril...it dealt 6 percent to my Noivern...

Man i am so tempted to use a team of frisk user mons and scarf ditto just to see whats going on their minds.

Ace Trainer Riana

I ran into a weird Tentacruel set. It was using Toxic/Hex/Venoshock/Protect. The only viable reason I can think of is not having Scald TM.