• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

(Ubers/OU) Stupid things you've seen on the ladder

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
New contender. Salac Berry Charizard. Dragon Dance is much more reliable

Ok i cannot explain that one...Not even sub salac belly drum...im just in sheer awe...What was this guy trying to accomplish?

Ace Trainer Riana

So I came across a Choice Scarf Heracross. The thing is, it didn't have Moxie. I don't know if they were going for Guts, but Moxie is the reason to use scarfed Heracross.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
So I came across a Choice Scarf Heracross. The thing is, it didn't have Moxie. I don't know if they were going for Guts, but Moxie is the reason to use scarfed Heracross.

I actually use him as a wow absorber. Yeh Moxie is great as a cleanup sweeper. But sonetimes getting that guts boost is just plain amazing. Specially on folks who fish burns with scald. Its not optimal but the immediate power when acyually pulled its just beautiful. I have seen people attemting to burn my scarf hera thinking it had moxie.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Guppy frisked the opposing Kangaskhan and found its Sitrus Berry!

10/10 the next best thing to mega kanga :)
Well if he was following OU...why the hell is he using kangha?
If he was at ubers...I dont want to play in this tier anymore...

I actually use him as a wow absorber. Yeh Moxie is great as a cleanup sweeper. But sonetimes getting that guts boost is just plain amazing. Specially on folks who fish burns with scald. Its not optimal but the immediate power when acyually pulled its just beautiful. I have seen people attemting to burn my scarf hera thinking it had moxie.

Great call Disaster. Read the same smog discussion today.

Ace Trainer Riana

I just played someone who apparently didn't ev train because my medicham outspeed a mega manectric and out-prioritized a talonflame.

Also Safety Goggles Skarmony. Yes it protects from spore but the only pokemon that have spore can't really touch Skarmory.

Last edited:

BmanP1

Krookodile hunter
Ran across a guy running a monotype team. Not a common thing but not unheard of. There was a catch though. He used bug, that was the first red flag. The second was his team. Vespiqueen, what I assume was a choice banded beedrill, scyther (holding a sitrus berry), dustox, venomoth, and a shuckle that kept using sludge bomb and rock slide. Needless to say I won that battle.

Ace Trainer Riana

Rocky Helmet Talonflame...why?

Also Mega Gyarados with no grass counter. I assume it was running Dragon Dance Substitute Waterfall, Earthquake. Celebi screwed it over.

Last edited:

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Rocky Helmet Talonflame...why?

Also Mega Gyarados with no grass counter. I assume it was running Dragon Dance Substitute Waterfall, Earthquake. Celebi screwed it over.

Rocky helmet talonflame isnt the worst thing, its just random. I used Safety googles for doubles(Rage powder) and it has grown on me on singles as a "safe"switch in to MVenusaur, and non rock tomb breeloom. With the nenefit of neglecting passive damage from hipowdorn and TTar while luring them and scoring a burn.

I normally dont use bounce or ice fang in MGyarados either i value taunt more on this guy(Of corse this depends on thr teammates). I normally trap those grass types before sending gyara in, lets be honest, if gyara is my win condition why i wouldnt prioritize taking down them grass types before attempting anything. Aldo normally +1 eq dance are normally enough for a 4hko-3hko if you fo taunt them. Or do a predicted taun and them trap them till a better match up is meet.

Last edited:
New contender, Perish trapping Azumarril. It tried to trap my Celebi, but failed.

Which happens to be a pretty legit set until you realize it's banned with Sap Sipper. Still, it has its merits

---

So I was laddering for OLT (a ladder tour on Smogon) and was in the mid 1500s. Normally, you'd expect random **** to be non existent there. Nope.

Just watch.

Ace Trainer Riana

Okay seriously, when are the baton pass teams going to stop? Anyone who's ever played one knows how to beat it. Bisharp completely shuts down the team. I've seen so many new variants and they all fail just the same.

Okay seriously, when are the baton pass teams going to stop? Anyone who's ever played one knows how to beat it. Bisharp completely shuts down the team. I've seen so many new variants and they all fail just the same.

You mean like baton pass chains or geo pass? BP chains were banned a while back so if that's what you're talking about then you're wrong. Besides, an actual competent geo pass player (i.e. deniss and nobody else basically) knows how to get around things like bisharp. I've seen it happen many times.

I Like Pie!

Smile smile smile!
This random player's Steelix kept on using Thunder Fang on my Swampert.

When I told him that it won't work, his reply: "Oh forgot it was mud type."

Ace Trainer Riana

So I came across someone who used Focus Blast on my Landorus with Mega Sceptile. Yes as opposed to Leaf Storm or Dragon Pulse

Okay people don't know how to use Mega Sceptile. One person used Giga Drain a Goodra with 1hp. The whole point of Goodra, especially physical, is Sap Sipper.

Last edited:
every time a ***** forgets hyper voice goes through subs i have a giggle

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
every time a ***** forgets hyper voice goes through subs i have a giggle

On a similar note, the amount of times I've used Spiritomb to Will-o-Wisp through a Substitute is ridiculous. Then there's those Sub Meloettas that think they're safe from a Sucker Punch.

Toxic Stall Drizzle Politoed on dedicated rain teams is another thing I'm seeing that I don't get. In theory, okay, Toxic + Protect is fine, but it seems counterproductive to stall out your own rain turns when every turn of rain is important. Especially so if you don't run Rain Dance on anything else, had a guy's full rain team run lose his Politoed the same turn rain ended, so his whole team including Mega Swampert couldn't really do anything.