• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers RMT

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Yes, yes, I know, ubers are considered "cheap, and unstratagetic", but i've used them all my life. So its time to kick butt with them!

So, though i'm not finished with the team yet (have to go back through emerald & coloseum to get them all back again.) I'll be taking suggestions before I start EV training. And I don't care about IVs!

NOTE: can't find any good pics. Can some one give me a good pic website?
TEAM AT A GLANCE:

;487-o; ;250; ;383; ;150; ;492-s; ;491;

;487-o; Giratina (origin)
(Griesious Orb)
Naughty (can't change)
EVs: 252 attack, 126 Sp. attack, 132 speed
-Outrage
-Shadow Claw OR Shadow Ball
-Earthquake
-Thunder
I know, I know, Shadow force is a dumb move, but I can't help its power.
This Giratina is my main sweeper, takes Kyroge out w/ energy ball, and takes care of dragons w/ outrage. EQ for steels.
Life orb is a option, since I have alot of HP too work with. Choice Scarf to outrage anything (almost)

;250;Ho-Oh
(leftovers)
Adamant
EVs: 252 attack, 168 Sp. def., 90 speed
-Sacred Fire
-Earthquake
-Punishment
-Roost
A quite weird Ho-Oh, yes? He's a tank. Sacred Fire for stab, EQ for MASSIVE POWER!!!! And punishment for those who think they can set up on me! Roost is a recovery option, may replace w/ recover.

;383; Groudon (LandGod)
(expert belt OR life orb)
Adamant
EVs: 252 attack, 168 Def., 90 HP
-Earthquake
-Fire Punch
-Swords Dance
-Brick Break
Groudon. A awesome pokemon, too. Goes great w/ Ho-oh.
Moveset is pretty much straight forward.

;150; Mewtwo
(leftovers OR Choice Specs)
Native (is this right?)
EVs: 252 sp.attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
-Psychic
-Shadow Ball
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot
This Mewtwo is for attacking purposes only. Self explanatory.

;492-s; Skymin (Shaymin)
Quirky
(Choice Specs)
EVs: 252 sp.attack, 252 speed, 6 HP
-Seed Flare
-Air Slash
-Earth Power
-Grass Knot
Standard Skymin. Grass Knot for stab and kyroge hits. Seed flare for extra power on walls. Air slash for STAB.

;491; Darkria
Jolly (need new nature)
(leftovers OR life orb)
EVs: 252 sp. attack, 90 speed, 168 HP
-Dark Pulse
-Dark Void
-Nightmare OR Thunder
-Spacial Rend
TRU event Darkria. I really want to utilize sleep stratagies, so darkrias my main man here.
Dark Pulse for Powerful stab, Spacial Rend for Dragons, if Giratina dies. Dream Eater for recovery, and works with Dark Void

So, hopefully I did good! I'm open to criticism, and please help out! this is my first time in the competitive environment, so please help!!!!! Thanks!

Last edited:

Son_of_Shadows

Good Lord. You do realise Giratina can use Thunder to deal with opposing Kyogre, right? And no matter how strong Shadow Force is, Shadow Ball (Or, heck, even Shadow Claw) is simply superior.

If you're going to be stupid enough to use non-offensive moves on Pokemon with Choice Items (Ho-Oh and Groudon), then you're going to be destroyed, plain and simple.

And as for Darkrai, Dream Eater is useless. Psychic is a horrible attacking type in Ubers, with most Ubers resisting it. Replace it with Thunderbolt or Thunder, depending on how much Kyogre you face.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
oopsies.....

Sorry guys, I made a huge typo!
I meant griseous orb, not the scarfs.
Made groudon have a life orb or expert belt.
Ho-Oh now has Lefties.
Giratina now has Thunder, But i really want to keep shadow force, not shadow claw.

Sorry if it was stupid at first, I was typing this late at night, and i was half asleep, so yea....

And Son of Shadows, if your going to rate a team, can you be a little more nice about it. Thanks.

Son_of_Shadows

Shadow Force is useless. It's like Fly and Dig, your opponent will simply switch to an appropriate counter. Shadow Claw does more over two turns.

Keaton

Custom User Title
Shadow Force is useless. It's like Fly and Dig, your opponent will simply switch to an appropriate counter. Shadow Claw does more over two turns.

Shadow Force is a gimmick move. As Son of Shadows rightfully said, it is outclassed by Shadow Claw.

The fact that Shadow Claw requires 2 turns, means that the damage per Turn is 60, whereas Shadow Claw has a base power of 70, which makes a world of difference.

Shadow Force gives the opponent time to swap to a Ghost Resist/Giratina counter and sweep you, Shadow Claw is infinitly better. Unless you can Baton Pass Mean Look to giratina so the foe can't escape (and you know that they'll be KO'd) that is the only occassion it would work, and even then it is still outclassed by Shadow Claw.

Naturally the final choice is upto you, but you wanted a COMPETITVE team rate, and Shadow Force is a gimmick/ingame move.

Advice given, rant over ^^

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
Fine, fine!

Shadow Force is dumb gimmick then. I'll go with Shadow Claw.
Moving on, do I need to make any Nature changes? the only ones I truely can't change is Giratina's and Shaymin's natures. I'm aiming for Adamant on Ho-Oh, but that'll be extremely difficult to get, since i'm going through Colo. again to get it.

Also, do I need to make any team member changes? I'm open to that. I'm really willing to shove a wall in replace of Mewtwo or Shaymin, so you have any suggestions?