• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
My favorite moveset for Ferrothorn:

598.gif

C4 Durian (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 248 SDef / 8 Spd
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Just because using Ferrothorn without Spikes puts one at a massive disadvantage when facing a Ferrothorn with Spikes, and also because Spikes is one of the best moves in this metagame, I personally think it is a much better idea to use Spikes instead of Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn (unless one can fit a different user of Spikes in their team, of course), and just give Stealth Rock to a different Pokémon (having both Spikes and Stealth Rock on Ferrothorn takes up half of its moves, which is undesirable), especially considering the huge number of Pokémon capable of learning that move. Thunder Wave is also one of the best moves in this metagame for crippling sweepers, and I prefer Power Whip over Gyro Ball due to its higher PP and ability to hit Kyogre and Groudon super effectively.

Also, I have expressed my opinion about Sandstorm teams here.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Randomly, I've developed an interest in using Celebi in Ubers. With its unique Grass STAB, it can hit Groudon and Kyogre devastatingly hard, and it has nice 100/100/100 Defenses with a base 100 speed, outspeeding those base 90's that are scattered throughout Ubers.

Celebi@Choice Specs
EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Ability: Natural Cure
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Hidden Power Ice
- U-Turn/Giga Drain

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Celebi looks intersting since I've never tried it in Ubers before.

Wouldn't Grass Arceus be a better option over Celebi though? Although it lacks Leaf Storm, it has a lot more bulk and speed with its base 120 stats. It can't use Choice Specs however, but it has a good supporting movepool of Perish Song, Will-o-wisp, Magic Coat, and Thunder Wave. It can also use Recover and Calm Mind to increase heal itself and increase its special attack.
Shaymin-sky could also run a Specs set, with more speed and power, but it lacks Celebi's bulk.

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
I got the SMR2013 Palkia today and am in the process of SR'ing it. The current one is Timid 11/25/19/31/9/26. Worth keeping or reset again?

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I got the SMR2013 Palkia today and am in the process of SR'ing it. The current one is Timid 11/25/19/31/9/26. Worth keeping or reset again?

Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. Also, let's please discuss only discuss aspects of the competitive ubers society, not breeding, soft resetting, etc.

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. Also, let's please discuss only discuss aspects of the competitive ubers society, not breeding, soft resetting, etc.

I'm building an Uber team and I was wondering if the Palkia I got would be competitive in the Uber environment with those IVs and nature, which is why I posted in this thread.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I'm building an Uber team and I was wondering if the Palkia I got would be competitive in the Uber environment with those IVs and nature, which is why I posted in this thread.

The nature is fine, Timid is an amazing nature on most Palkias. You wanna get a Hasty/Naive one if you're going to run a mixed set though :/ and umm about the IVS flawless is ideal but idk what Wi-Fi people use :p

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
I agree that the Palkia you dicussed is pretty usable, espcially with a Timid Nature and 29 speed IVs. While 19 special attack is pretty good, if you have a lot of time, you could try going for a Palkia with more special attack.

HostileKangaroo

Pokemon Coordinator
I agree that the Palkia you dicussed is pretty usable, espcially with a Timid Nature and 29 speed IVs. While 19 special attack is pretty good, if you have a lot of time, you could try going for a Palkia with more special attack.

Thanks for the feedback... hm, not sure yet whether to delete or not. I'm afraid I won't get something better if I do.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
I don't get why do people use Espeon in Ubers. 130 Special Attack is not that great, it has absolutely horrible bulk and it's completely outclassed by Xatu when it comes to keeping hazards off the field.

Espeon also severely damages Kyogre and Groudon, 2HKOing both of them with Grass Knot. With Psyshock, it also isnt set-up fodder for Ho-oh, whom Xatu cannot touch whatsoever.

Thanks for the feedback... hm, not sure yet whether to delete or not. I'm afraid I won't get something better if I do.
Now, how are you checking IVs if you're SRing? Considering the Palkia is level 100 when you get it, I don't understand how you could know specific IVs. Would love to know, would help greatly...

Provided you know the level, EVs and nature of the Pokemon, you can just plug the known values into a stat calculator like the one on this damage calculator and just plug in IV values until you get the right stats. For example, if you have a freshly caught (i.e. no EVs) Timid Palkia at level 70 with raw stats of 223/167/153/230/178/180, then you know your IVs are 25/19/12/22/8/28. Of course, if you don't know the EVs, then I'm not sure how you'd figure out your IVs.

Provided you know the level, EVs and nature of the Pokemon, you can just plug the known values into a stat calculator like the one on this damage calculator and just plug in IV values until you get the right stats. For example, if you have a freshly caught (i.e. no EVs) Timid Palkia at level 70 with raw stats of 223/167/153/230/178/180, then you know your IVs are 25/19/12/22/8/28. Of course, if you don't know the EVs, then I'm not sure how you'd figure out your IVs.
Oh, cool. I knew you couldn't calc IVs for a lower level without leveling them up, so it slipped my mind when I thought about a level 100. Thnks.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Has anyone else used Custap Berry Forretress (with Gyro Ball, Rapid Spin, Spikes, Toxic Spikes) in Ubers? I found it's a really good lead and easily sets up Toxic Spikes/Spikes against leads without Taunt. Against Deoxys Gyro Ball + Rapid Spin works really well.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
Not sure if you guys have been Gen 6 Ubers Beta on Showdown, but one thing is certain.

Xerneas is going to be the next king of ubers. With excellent coverage of moves like Moonblast, Focus Blast, and Thunderbolt, it will be able to hit range of 'mons for at least neutral damage. Combine this with Power Herb GEOMANCY and you get one unstoppable force. It has a quite large base 130 HP and base 100 speed, outspeeding the base 90's in the tier.

Xerneas@Power Herb
EVS: 252 SpA; 252 Spd; 4 HP
Nature: Timid
Trait: Fairy Aura
- Geomancy
- Subsitute
- Moon Blast
- Hidden Power Rock/Focus Blast

Geomancy is a move that takes two turns to activate and at the end of those two turns you get 2x SpA 2x SpD 2x Speed. Combined with Power Herb, you instantly get these boosts, making you a huge threat to any type of team.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
Ah, Xerneas. A Pokémon that I immediately liked when I first saw its extremely majestic-looking appearance in one of the early trailers of Pokémon X and Y. This Pokémon became even more awesome in my eyes upon finding out that it is of the Fairy type, especially with the knowledge that Fairy-type Pokémon are completely immune to Dragon-type moves. And although I at some points in time prior to the release of Pokémon X and Y feared that Xerneas may face stiff competition from Arceus-Fairy in the Übers metagame, the Life Pokémon cemented its position as one of my favorite Pokémon ever when I first discovered the devastating effect of its signature move, as well as the fact that its charge turn can be negated by a Power Herb, due to the fact that Geomancy instantly turns Xerneas into pretty much a Shell Smash recipient without having to face all the downsides of the Shell Smash + Baton Pass strategy, such as having to keep entry hazards off the field in order to preserve Smeargle's Focus Sash, predicting between using Spore and using Baton Pass with Smeargle due to the omnipresence of Lum Berry Arceus in the Übers metagame as well as Pokémon such as Giratina-A that use both Sleep Talk and pseudo-Hazing moves, as well as having to dedicate a spot on the team for Smeargle. As such, it is in my opinion not unlikely that Xerneas may accomplish the previously-unthinkable feat of surpassing even the legendary Extreme Killer Arceus as a sweeper in the Übers metagame.

In any case, here is my favorite moveset for the Life Pokémon, based on its movepool that we know of so far:

xerneas.png

Justice (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Geomancy
- Moon Blast
- Thunderbolt

By the way, Xerneas's base Speed is actually 99. It being 100 was actually an error on Smogon/Pokémon Showdown!'s part.

Caluminousdugtrio

class on my back
The sixth generation has finally come. With it, quite a storm has rippled through the Ubers tier, bringing Xerneas and Yveltal into the fray of already extremely deadly pokemon.

xerneas.jpg
yveltal.jpg

Xerneas usually takes an extremely offensive approach to battling using the set Ultimate Champion has posted, destroying things with its STAB Moonblast combined with Geomancy. Yveltal hits hard as well with Oblivion Wing and Dark Pulse, healing itself and dealing considerable damage.

X and Y also brought with it Mega Formes. Mega Formes, as we all know, have increased stats and sometimes even different abilities. One Mega Forme has found a nice niche for itself; Mega Gengar.

Mega_Gengar.png

With a staggering base 170 special attack and base 130 speed, one glance can tell oneself that this 'mon can do some serious damage. However, its not the stats that has gained the attention of many Ubers players, it is the ABILITY. SHADOW TAG. This allows mega gengar to trap pokemon and assist in removing the counters of some pokemon, most notably Ekiller's counters. (Giratina)

With this, discuss some other viable Mega Formes and some counters to Xerneas. Really, we need a good counter for the f**king deer.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
Gah. After getting swept by Mega Gengar twice today, I must say it's definitely ubers material. GET OUT OF OU YOU OP THING.

I tried using Zygarde in Ubers. While it isn't that bad, it isn't that great. It definitely has a nice plus point for able to pick off weakened Pokemon, and Dragon Dance is a nice touch.

I also used specially defensive steel Arceus. I found the buff to WoW's Accuracy pretty darn useful, and burning stuf definitely helps. Ran a support set with Defog/Iron Head/Recover/Will-o-Wisp. It's nice for removing fairies... and Tyranitar. :3

Gah just got swept by a Gemotacy Xerneas. WITHOUT THE 2-TURN -> 1-TURN HERB! *feels ashamed*

Status
Not open for further replies.