• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With this, discuss some other viable Mega Formes and some counters to Xerneas. Really, we need a good counter for the f**king deer.

Haha, there aren't many things that can stop Power Herb Xerneas.
The only thing I can think of is BP Scizor. As soon as it sets up and gets a free +2, it's pretty much game.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer

I feel like using OHKO is added emphasizing luck, instead of the skill that people use the Pokemon with. Using Sheer Cold is like rolling a die, hoping that you will get lucky instead of having a strategy or a plan. It's ruining the competitiveness of Pokemon. Although RestTalk Kyorge is usable, Scald (or Surf if you really want the extra power) is much better. While Water-type resists are extremely common (due to Kyorge and Palkia), Scald is a good STAB move that hits for decent damage on many of the Pokemon Kyorge can check and also has a good burn rate.

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
To my eyes, Pokémon is just a gambling game anyway, so I really don't mind adding more luck to it and taking skill away from it.

Anyway, here is a great Mega Evolution to use in the Übers metagame as far as I can tell so far:

212.gif

Retribution (Scizor) @ Scizornite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower
- U-turn

Aside from being a great Xerneas check, Mega Scizor can also deal with any Extreme Killer Arceus very well thanks to its enormous 150 and 140 Attack and Defense stats respectively, its type combination which allows it to tank Arceus-Normal's boosted attacks very well, as well as its ability to hit the Alpha Pokémon hard with Superpower while healing with Roost. Here is a replay demonstrating exactly that. Though do note that if you're using Mega Scizor in your team, using Arceus-Rock becomes almost a necessity, due to how unbelievably threatening Ho-Oh is in this metagame with the Defog buff, as with Stealth Rock being unbelievably easy to keep off the field, the opponent can just use a team that aims to keep on stalling while waiting for the perfect opportunity to safely send in their Life Orb or Choice Band Ho-Oh, at which point one is almost guaranteed to have one of their Pokémon at least badly-damaged unless their team contains the one true counter to Ho-Oh, and due to the fact that Ho-Oh can just switch out and Regenerate health, it can't be revenge-killed or worn down by Toxic or repeated attacks either. As a result of this, if you're not using Arceus-Rock, and therefore have no safe switch-in to Ho-Oh in your team, it would most definitely not be a wise decision to use a Pokémon such as Mega Scizor despite its ability to check what I believe to be the two top sweepers in the Generation VI Übers metagame, as giving Ho-Oh a free switch-in opportunity/Substitute is extremely detrimental.

Anyway, some good Xerneas checks and counters include the Scizor I posted above, the Lugia moveset I posted here, Ditto, and Thunder Wave Thundurus-I, Chansey and Blissey. Ho-Oh, Ferrothorn, Jirachi and Mega Gengar also work depending on Xerneas's coverage moves.

Moonclawz

Aura Trainer
Recently, I've been using a lot of Choice Specs Dialga. A specs Draco Meteor does a ton of damage to any Pokemon (not a pink blob) that doesn't resist it and Dialga also gets good coverage moves in Fire Blast and Aura Sphere. Common steel are also hit by a ton of damage. For example, a Specs Draco Meteor does around 60% to a specially defensive Forretress. In addition, Dialga good typing allows it to switch into the common water, electric, and psychic-type moves in the tier. resists. Dialga resists Stealth Rock which also gives it better longevity. What do you guys think of Specs Dialga?

Dialga @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 116 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Thunder
- Fire Blast/Aura Sphere
- Dragon Pulse

Ultimate Champion

The Great Pokémon Master
I think it's awesome, though I don't know how viable Choice Specs dragons are in this metagame due to the existence of the Fairy type, especially considering how devastating it is to give Xerneas a free turn when a Choice Specs Pokémon is locked into a Dragon-type move. I would consider giving Choice Specs Dialga Flash Cannon to deal with Xerneas and Arceus-Fairy.

UbersSuck20

#FreeGenesect
Dragons can destroy Fairy-types with moves like Flash Cannon and Poison Jab. BTW, I think Flash Cannon will be a staple on Dialga now that the Fairy-type is a thing.

Just having 252 Atk Choice Band Scizor on your team means PH Xerneas can't sweep you as +2 Focus Blast fails to OHKO if Xerneas has a Timid nature and only OHKOes 30% of the time with a Modest nature. Also, Extreme Killer Arceus / CB Genesect can revenge kill weakened Xerneas. If anything, I'd say Yveltal is better than Xerneas in Uberz because there are a lot of Psychic-types there and Yveltal gets access to moves like Sucker Punch, has a much better typing and doesn't have to rely on Power Herb.

Just having 252 Atk Choice Band Scizor on your team means PH Xerneas can't sweep you as +2 Focus Blast fails to OHKO if Xerneas has a Timid nature and only OHKOes 30% of the time with a Modest nature. Also, Extreme Killer Arceus / CB Genesect can revenge kill weakened Xerneas. If anything, I'd say Yveltal is better than Xerneas in Uberz because there are a lot of Psychic-types there and Yveltal gets access to moves like Sucker Punch, has a much better typing and doesn't have to rely on Power Herb.

After +2 in it's special stats, Flash Cannon will not be OHKO'ing, and since Fairy hits Dialga for neutral, it will still 2HKO a fully invested Sp Def Dialga with Moonblast. But, that's what focus blast is for.
The only thing that even thinks of scaring him out after he's set up is Scizor.
But who keeps a Xerneas in on a scizor? People who predict that U-turn coming.

And I'm sorry, but Yveltal is no where close to Xerneas. . .
There's far more dragons than there are Psychics.

ghost_dog97

the sweeper
cloyster using poison jab after a shell smash with evs invested into atk and speed. GG

cloyster using poison jab after a shell smash with evs invested into atk and speed. GG

Are you insane? Xerneas outspeeds. And how on earth would a cloyster come in on Xerneas and set up?
Thunderbolt and on to the next one.

I see you try and make it seem like you know how the meta works. . .
Idk if you really do. . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.