• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ubers

Status
Not open for further replies.

PUrEHearT

Hyper Coordinator
ubers are cheap pokemon that are super powerful and stronger than most pokemon

most of them are legendaries like groudon and lugia but some arent like wobby
read the uber list for more details

i think i can say that this thread has been answered for that it can be closed now

S

S:C

Actually, the question wasn't answered well enough. Ubers are Pokemon whose base stats accumulate to 600 or more. Therefore it is unfair to use them in Competitive Battling. One common misconception is that Pokemon are uber just for being legendaries, but Pokemon like Moltres aren't uber since their base stats accumulate to 580. After that, some Pokemon defy the "Add up to 600 or more" boundary of being uber, such as Wobbuffet and Slaking. Wobbuffet is uber, but Slaking isn't. Just check the uber list Scrap provided.

i have a list of pokemon of what i would call ubers underneath,

rayquaza
groudon
kyogre
ho-ho
lugia
mewtwo
deoxys (which i have)
celebii (which i have owned off gentleben)
mew
jirachi
and heracross (i wish)
;214;

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
fighting_master said:
i have a list of pokemon of what i would call ubers underneath,

rayquaza
groudon
kyogre
ho-ho
lugia
mewtwo
deoxys (which i have)
celebii (which i have owned off gentleben)
mew
jirachi
and heracross (i wish)
;214;

Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi were all taken off the uber list a while ago, which I sometimes disagree with because they're still cheap. :p

Heracross is good, but not uber. >_> lol

P

Poke Freak

Uber is actually a term used on the internet to say something is strong, powerful, awesome, ect. but like people already said when refering to pokemon that are very powerful and considered cheap.

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE:
Scrap said:
REAL LEGENDARY LIST:
Mewtwo
Ho-oh
lugia
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Raikou
Entei
Suicune
Articuno
Moltres
Zapdos
Mew
Celebi
Jirachi
Deoxys(All forms)
Latios
Latias
Rayquaza
Kyogre
Groudon
Unown
These are the REAL legendaries. Pokemon like Tyranitar, Dragonite, Salamence, Metagross, and Slaking are not legendaries as they are not secret and are not one of a kind. This is not an uber list.

Last edited:

Horn Drill

ヘタリア!
Erm, legendary doesn't always mean uber. Entei is legendary, but he's not uber. Wobbuffet is uber, but he's not legendary. Unown is neither legendary nor uber, and I really can't see why you would list it. ._.

P

Poke Freak

Legendary pokemon ARE NOT ubers, just compare at thier stats and movepools to T-Tar, Dragonite ect.! If Registeel is uber, SO many pokemon should be considered uber. Uber = extremly strong, Legendary = one per game, not including sudowoodo because it can breed. And don't get me started on Unown, it's considered rare acording to the Fire Red/Leaf Green dex, not uber.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlimShady

Kill your heroes
Poke Freak said:
Legendary pokemon ARE NOT ubers, just compare at thier stats and movepools to T-Tar, Dragonite ect.! If Registeel is uber, SO many pokemon should be considered uber. Uber = extremly strong, Legendary = one per game. And don't get me started on Unown, it's considered rare acording to the Fire Red/Leaf Green dex, not uber.
Ohhhhhh......Now I see. Uh...whatever. I'll edit my post.

umbreot

God of Fusions
This thread needs some closing.

S:C said:
Actually, the question wasn't answered well enough. Ubers are Pokemon whose base stats accumulate to 600 or more. Therefore it is unfair to use them in Competitive Battling. One common misconception is that Pokemon are uber just for being legendaries, but Pokemon like Moltres aren't uber since their base stats accumulate to 580. After that, some Pokemon defy the "Add up to 600 or more" boundary of being uber, such as Wobbuffet and Slaking. Wobbuffet is uber, but Slaking isn't. Just check the uber list Scrap provided.

Ture..true..*nods*true....

Status
Not open for further replies.