1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

uDraw Wii

Discussion in 'Other Video Game Discussion' started by Lulu_used_SunnyDay, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Lulu_used_SunnyDay Petal Blizzard

I recently heard about this new, umm...feature for the Wii, an electronic drawing tablet you can connect directly on the Wiimote, and use with the "pencil" provided. With uDraw you should be able to "draw" on the screen, save your art on sd memory cards and share them.

Also, seeing that the wiimote is still active during the process, this new software will also probably be used to play some actual wii games in the future, by moving the board as if it was some sort of balance. Obviously the gameplay itself will have some drawing task, if that's the case.

EDIT: Here's a picture http://www.gearlog.com/images/uDraw_GameTablet.jpg

What are your thoughts about it?
    I'm pretty exited :D

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

I give THQ considerable credit for making what appears to be a very solid and very capable peripheral, as third party equipment goes. However, I'm simply too cynical to believe that this long after the Wii's release (read: potentially this late in the Wii's life cycle), that the tablet will end up used in anything but a handful of games doomed to the bargain bin.

I welcome any outcome in which a developer proves me wrong, because again, I like what I've read about the device and the work THQ did on it.

3. Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Lulu_used_SunnyDay Petal Blizzard

I believe there are a couple of developers that already expressed their interest in making games for it, but I don't care much about that.
    The thing I'm really exited about is just the fact of using a professional-like board to draw on-screen.