• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ugliest 1st Generation Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bashaken1

Your Worst Enemy
Magmar, Mew's Green version sprite, Jynx, Seel, adn others that I can't think of currently. Of course, most of the R/B/G/Y sprites are pretty bad.:mad:

st_elmo

My thoughts exactly. I've said this in another thread, but Golbat reminds me of a really dirty guy I knew from high school...He was always into the hentail/yaoi stuff and man was he weird...

Best comment yet.

ManaphyXD

HEEEEYYYY !
My thoughts exactly. I've said this in another thread, but Golbat reminds me of a really dirty guy I knew from high school...He was always into the hentail/yaoi stuff and man was he weird...
most .... okward ...... post eveeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr that was uhhhhhhhhh
awesome

Luzze

golbat, blastoise (never liked him anyway!), moltres (great idea but bad sprite!), mewtwo
.. but pidgey was quite cute by then :D
but.. look at wigglytuff in green version.. *scared*

*~Aipom Star~*

5 Years Time~
Green - Mew (o_0), Poliwrath, Gengar, Wigglytuff, Mankey, Primate, Golbat (wtf?), Charizard (WTF?!) and Golem looks like its on drugs.

Red/Blue - Ok, if you do one thing today you've got to look at how weird and ugly Golbat looks!!!!!! What's its tounge doing?! And Poliwrath looks hideous! As do Pidgeot, Ponyta, Rapidash (even though I have one in Diamond - its better now), Execute (why is one egg so big?) and Mewtwo.

I've always hated Arcanine - it looks weird, Mewtwo, Geodude, Graveler, Machop evo line (especially in Green) *shivers*, Drowzee, Hypno, Tentacool, Tentacruel, Golduck, Magikarp, Gyarados, Grimer, Muk, Abra evo line, Magmar, Staryu, Raticate, Blastoise, Venasaur (i like it, but its ugly), Cacuna (don't think I've spelt that right!), Beedrill, Metapod, Spearow, Fearow, Venonat, Venomoth, Hitmonchan, Weezing, Seadra, Porygon, Kabutops, Snorlax, Aerodactal, Pinsir, Jynx (eww, I hate it, I HATE it!) and Mr. Mime.

Ok I'm done complaining! :D

Last edited:

iamnotiangibson

EV Trainer
Geodude, Machop, Rattata always looked weird from the back to me.

I actually think Charizard from green looks cool. It definitely looks more Japanese dragon to me.

aerisLana

i cannot believe
In the game, the ugliest that I can remember is Golbat & Exeggutor in R/B/G. There are other Pokemon too that have bad sprites, but I can't remember the rest.

Oh yes, Gastly's sprite was a disaster too.

Status
Not open for further replies.