• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ugliest and Nicest 4th Gen Pokemon Sprites

Best:

Diamond/Pearl
* Buizel

Platinum
* Pikachu
* Togekiss
* Yanmega
* Origin Forme Giratina

HeartGold/SoulSilver
* Cyndaquil
* Totodile
* Spiky Eared Pichu

Worst:

Diamond/Pearl
* Arceus
* Piplup
* Ampibom
* Teddiursa
* Sneasel
* Cyndaquil's Backsprite

Platinum
* Marill
* Buizel
* Arceus
* Palkia

HeartGold/SoulSilver

* Jolteon
* Blastoise
* Pikachu
* Venusaur
* Snorlax

The worst sprite ever is Plat/HG/SS's Rhyperior <_< HORRIBLE!

Ok good one are:

HG/SS - Lugia, Ho-oh, Furret, Rayquaza.

I don't know why everyone moans at Charizard being fat, Charizard has always looked fat. Same with Blastoise.

Platinum - Umbreon, Eevee, Espeon, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina origin forme.

Worst ones

HG/SS - WTF Gamefreak!? What did you do to Jolteon!!? It's like G/R/B days again.

Skuntank - I do not want a pokemon that looks like it is constantly taking a leak all the time.

Oh i just realised that i cannot be bothered going through every single sprite so i'll just repeat;

Rhyperior... just Rhyperior... ugh!

Ace Trainer Alex

wants to fight!
Nice: HG/SS Machoke, D/P Totodile, HG/SS Articuno
Ugly: HG/SS Totodile

Last edited:

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Charizard and Blastoises HGSS sprites suck. Scizors is awesome though.

Beebar234

I think that the sprite in DP are crap compared to Pt/HGSS, but I especially like Luxray's sprite.

NorthernLord

I think that the sprite in DP are crap compared to Pt/HGSS, but I especially like Luxray's sprite.

I think Platinum has half of the good sprites, and hgss has the rest.

in platinum I like these pkmns' sprites best:
empoleon,
kricketune,
mach(op, oke and amp),
Floatzel.
But
as number one comes pikachu

SuperSkitty

to the rescue !
Ugliest:
Regigigas
Bastiodon
Purugly
Probopass
Hippowdon

Theres some more that I can't think of. In general, I wasn't so fond of the Gen 4 pokemon designs.

Nice:
Roserade
Glaceon/Leafeon
Gallade
Shaymin
Togekiss
Luxray

There were some other nice ones, but these are especially nice to me. :)

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
Haha, I like Pikachu's Platinum sprite, though it does look kind of awkward at first. I also like what Platinum/HGSS did with Gardevoir's sprite. Kirlia's D/P sprite was good too, but the HG/SS one makes Kirlia look as if it's mooning someone... o_O Kirlia sure likes to show off its butt--remember its R/S/E back sprite?

As for worst sprites, I don't know what Game Freak was smoking when they made Roselia's sprite for Platinum. It looks like a third-grader drew it; the eyes, especially, don't look right at all. Same goes for Abomasnow; it looks so out of proportion.

Ninetales' D/P sprite looks like the poor fox has a neck problem. And Slaking? Picking its nose? Erm... no.

Here are the sprites in case you're too lazy to look them up:
25.png
282.png
dpmfa281.png
281.png
rsback281.png
315.png
460.png
dpmfa038.png
289.png

Last edited:

jorisw