• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ugliest Gen 9 Pokemon

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Baxcalibur's pre evolutions are pretty ugly. Usually i like the pre evos of pseudos but im pretty indifferent to them. Dondozo and Veluza are ugly as well but I like the former as purposefully ugly Pokémon can still be cool. Scovillian falls into that category as well.

If we're talking about disappointing Pokémon, can't think of a more disappointing one than Dudunsparce. Always hated Dunsparce so its evolution being it but bigger is extremely disappointing especially when the other cross Gen evolutions were nice additions to their respective lines. Probably in my top 10 least favorites now. And, no, I don't care if "that's the point".

Queen Cynthia

Dignified Queen of Sinnoh
Revavroom.
I've never liked the idea of Pokemon being modeled after human-made things. IIRC the original intention of Pokemon was that they would be some special form of animals and so for me a good Pokemon has to have at least some resemblance to an animal or to things in nature like flowers etc.
A Pokemon looking like an engine block is kind of overdoing it if you ask me.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Revavroom.
I've never liked the idea of Pokemon being modeled after human-made things. IIRC the original intention of Pokemon was that they would be some special form of animals and so for me a good Pokemon has to have at least some resemblance to an animal or to things in nature like flowers etc.
A Pokemon looking like an engine block is kind of overdoing it if you ask me.
I actually like the idea that it’s an engine. Poison/Steel was one of the type combos that should have been used by the time of Gen VII. There were so many Pokémon that could have used the typing with Meltan and Melmetal being the most obvious. So an engine Pokémon that expels toxic fumes to create air pollution makes sense.

Orphalesion

Oh if we include the Paradox Pokemon I'd have to say all the Paradox Pokemon are the ugliest designs in the generation, particularly the future forms.
And they are all ugly because they're Game Freak trying to sell us old designs with a few tweaks as new Pokemon now.