1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ugliest pokemon ever?

Discussion in 'General Pokémon Discussion' started by PageEmperor, May 17, 2020.

1. PageEmperor

PageEmperor Member

What do you all think?

No:
    - Sprites, unless you really are out of ideas. This is for designs themselves.
    - need to take this thread too seriously lol.

So let the thread begin!

Sakuyamon likes this.
  2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army

Easily Ickyicky aka Lickilicky. I just find it so unappealing. It’s a real shame too as I love Lickitung and Rollout is one of my favorite moves. It just looks so fat. Then there Quiladin whose blank stare frightens me. It just makes me think that it watches you sleep while holding a knife it fiddles around with in its hands and debates whether or not to kill you as you sleep. Something like Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

3. TwilightBlade

TwilightBlade Well-Known Member

Eternatus is one of the ugliest and scariest Pokemon in existence. I know that some players hate it when other fans say that a Pokemon doesn't look like a Pokemon but this is one time when I'll say that a Pokemon's design looks out of place in this franchise. :[

4. Ignition

Ignition “Go get ‘em, tiger!”

Are we using ugly as "Ew I don't like this design?" or as a Pokémon that's deliberately meant to look unappealing? If it's the latter, I like most Pokémon designs with a very few exceptions.

Regardless, I have a Pokémon that fits both categories: Cursola. I never had any strong feelings towards Corsola but always felt it deserved a boost in some fashion so I was pretty surprised and excited to hear that it was getting not only a regional form but also an evolution. When I saw G-Corsola, I was shocked but impressed with the stark contrast of its usual happy Johtonian form with its melancholic Galarian form.

But Cursola just doesn't do it for me. It definitely fits as a natural progression of the idea behind these 2 but I feel it could've been designed way better. It also fits with the latter portion of the question I asked because the thing is cursed to have a depressing face no matter what.

Venomshock and TwilightBlade like this.
  5. nel3

nel3 Crimson Dragon

Sir fetch' d is rather ugly and bland. Color palette swap, give it a huge sword and it looks like it had little to no thought on its new form. I love Farfetched as it was pre-gen8 and I will still use the Kanto form. I don't like it became a fighting type in gen8, no ground or ghost type immunity and I like defiant better as a ability.

I agree on Cursola also, still like the water rock one over the ghost typing. Eternatus is also extremely forgettable. The only reason why i remembered it after the post game section was when players use it in max raids.

Leonhart likes this.
  6. WishIhadaManafi5

WishIhadaManafi5 To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before. Staff Member Moderator

Not a fan of Nosepass or Probopass. Never been a big fan of either, designwise.

7. Luthor

Luthor Well-Known Member

Mega Aerodactyl I've mentioned before being a Pokemon who just doesn't work for me.

jaden767 likes this.
  8. Captain Jigglypuff

I don’t see how Mega Aerodactyl is an upgrade. Nothing really changes other than it getting a rock beard and random spikes suddenly appearing.

Carrick2097, Leonhart and Luthor like this.
  9. jaden767

jaden767 Amphetamine

Probopass is ugly. It doesn't need to exist and I hate looking at that thing for longer than a second. Muk is ugly too epecially the Alolan variety.

10. RoughCoronet0

RoughCoronet0 Dragon lover

I find very few Pokemon really ugly. Not to my tastes? Sure. But ugly.....?

That being said, if I had to choose.....I’d go with the Incarnation forms of the Kami trio. They are probably the designs I like the least. There Therian forms however are not nearly as bad and I have soft spots for 2 of them.

TwilightBlade and Leonhart like this.
  11. Monox D. I-Fly

Monox D. I-Fly Well-Known Member

For me, Nosepass is tolerable since it's just an angular Moai statue, but not Probopass. Its nose hair looks disgusting.

Leonhart likes this.
  12. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

Type: Null is probably the ugliest Pokemon that I can think of. Something about its mask and chimera-like appearance just creeps me out, although ironically its evolved form is one of my favorite Gen VII Pokemon.

13. LucarioIsMegaEvolving

LucarioIsMegaEvolving A single misplaced step

I mean, in the case of Type: Null I'm fairly sure that it was intentionally made to look unappealing and creepy, as it was created to be a machine.

14. Captain Jigglypuff

It is also based on the chimera which is a pretty freaky looking creature.

15. Ashscot

Ashscot Sheikah

Hands down Diggersby for me. That thing is an abomination.

16. KyogreThunder

KyogreThunder Call of Fate

Bruxish, never liked its colour scheme and teeth.
    Hypno, Probopass, Lickilicky, Bastiodon, Cacturne, Blaziken, Swalot, Dracovish, Arctovish, Dracozolt, Arctozolt, Watchog, Purugly, Dedenne, Delphox, Incineroar, Turtonator, Alolan Persian and Crabominable are also ugly.

Carrick2097 and Leonhart like this.
  17. Captain Jigglypuff

Druddigon is visually unappealing because of how it’s colored. It’s like a four year old colored it and its Shiny is even worse to look at! I’m fine with how it physically looks and think it’s cool that it has wings that are more for show than being functional and it represents a different look than what you’d normally associate Dragon Pokémon to look like.

Leonhart likes this.
  18. MrJechgo

MrJechgo Well-Known Member

Cryogonal... mostly because of its... face...

Also, while I understand the gimmick with the Galarian fossil Pokémon, their designs are just horrible. A tiny raptor with a big hindquarter or giant fish tail, a fish head at the tip of the tail and a fish head flip upside down with a fish tail right side up.

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    jaden767, Carrick2097 and Leonhart like this.
  19. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

In-universe Cryogonal is so attractive it's one of the only genderless Pokemon to learn attract.

TheWanderingMist and Leonhart like this.
  20. Captain Jigglypuff

Not true. There’s also Mew and Staryu and Starmie through a glitch in Gen II.

Venomshock likes this.