• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UK Arceus Events: The thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

steelix48

i'll be heading to Cabot Circus on the 20th :)

do you have to have reached a certain point in the game to download it?
and will they be doing the enigma stone and other wi-fi events for us?

neal-b

Team Rocket 4ever
Looks like I will have to go to the Meadowhall one all the way from Lincoln. Oh well 3 arceus's for me. :D

PsychedelicJellyfish

formerly R. New
I'll be at the Liverpool one on 21st March. Once I have my Arceus (well, my 3 Arceus) I'll have at least one of every Pokémon currently available. Isn't that nice? :]

Last edited:

Josh2010

Hi all I’m new here, I want to go to the event of course but I have a few technical questions.
One: If my game of platinum is inserted into a different DS system than the one the game was started on will it still work I was thinking of getting a DSI or DSI XL but will I have to restart my game in that case?
Hope I made that understandable.
If I got the DSI or DSI XL how exactly is the Pokémon transferred Is it over Wi-Fi? If so wouldn’t my game cartridge be tired to the original DS or something never done the Wi-Fi or trading before and also if I got the DSI or XL how would I transfer the Pokémon from my game to my HG SS game?

Thanks many, hope I made it clear.

Last edited:

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Hi all I’m new here, I want to go to the event of course but I have a few technical questions.
One: If my game of platinum is inserted into a different DS system than the one the game was started on will it still work I was thinking of getting a DSI or DSI XL but will I have to restart my game in that case?
Hope I made that understandable.
If I got the DSI or DSI XL how exactly is the Pokémon transferred Is it over Wi-Fi? If so wouldn’t my game cartridge be tired to the original DS or something never done the Wi-Fi or trading before and also if I got the DSI or XL how would I transfer the Pokémon from my game to my HG SS game?

Thanks many, hope I made it clear.

The event will be using local wi-fi. I think ,although I'm not certain, that DSes are only tied to a certain cartridge for internet wi-fi.

To transfer them to your HGSS games, recieve them on a DPPt cartridge (Imported HGSS cartridges may work, don't count on it), trade them to HGSS. Simples.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm excited about this one. The last UK event I obtained was the UK GAME Shaymin a while back and I had been waiting for the Arceus event's date(s) to be revealed. I can't believe the UK is one of the last countries to get it. Japan, the US, Australia, Korea, France, and Spain already got this event :(

Alex Pt

Wicked
I guess I'll be heading to the event in Oxford street. I hate travelling into Central London as it is always packed with people on the underground and the streets but it will all be worth it for that long-awaited arceus.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The event will be using local wi-fi. I think ,although I'm not certain, that DSes are only tied to a certain cartridge for internet wi-fi.

A more appropriate term would be "Wireless Distribution" as opposed to Local Wi-Fi. The store should have a single DS with the distribution cartridge inside that distributes Arceus Wonder Cards wirelessly.

Josh2010

Im still confused so will I need a new copy of the game or to reset my game or not and if anyone dont know how do i find out? Oh and how would i trade it over if the other game and if i want going to do that would i need to keep my current DS for a DS to trade with? So confused

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
Fantastic. Two big-ish towns near me, neither of them get the damn event. I'd have thought Glenrothes would've got the damn thing.

I might have to get a group together and go to Dundee ¬¬

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Im still confused so will I need a new copy of the game or to reset my game or not and if anyone dont know how do i find out? Oh and how would i trade it over if the other game and if i want going to do that would i need to keep my current DS for a DS to trade with? So confused

You're not going to need a new copy of a game, or a new file. Don't worry.

As for trading, unless you have two DSs (Standard, Lite, i, XL, any will do and the two don't have to be the same type), you can't do it.

Noppy

I'll be getting 2 :)
I'm sure plenty people will be, so those who dont make it, don't worry too much, you should be able to trade to get it soon after this

Sinnohdragon

Dragoness~
This just sucks :/
Not one of those places is a reasonable distance from where i live. What is with all this dissing of the southwest?
At least i got the Shaymin event pretty close by when it came.

Josh2010

Erm no you wont cleary says one per person. Sorry ppl.

*Terms and Conditions: To receive your download code for Alpha Pokémon Arceus for your Pokédex just bring along a copy of Pokémon Diamond, Pokémon Pearl or Pokémon Platinum and a DS console. Without this we are unable to provide a code. No codes will be provided by email. One code per person. Any codes lost or misplaced will not be replaced. The figurine will be available to anyone who purchases a Pokémon product on the day (including pre-orders of HG & SS).

Last edited:
Erm no you wont clear says one per person

Then clearly I must head out to a costume shop in Birmingham and buy a moustache and monocle - then maybe they won't recognize me :D No, but seriously they say that, but they never enforce it. I personally will get three, on D/P/Pt :) Nice day out with family :) Get some Lucky Charms while I'm there :p

Josh2010

not what im asking really im asking since my game will have changed DS and im not sure if its already tied to the wifi how do i make sure i can still get it and trade it on

The Head Honchkrow

Codes? Are you sure? The Shaymin event was done through Mystery Gift.
Anyway, turns out I don't need to go to Bristol. My mum says she'll drive me to the Nuneaton one, so that's good news for me! :)

~The Head Honchkrow~

Status
Not open for further replies.