• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UK Pokémon Gamers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Hey guys, shinycacnea’s back!

I would like the join please :).
I am from Scotland.... and the place I live in is called Wick (Which is only 20 miles from John O' Groats).

Hi Andrew, I've been to Wick...not….the most...exciting...place......zzzzzz
I'm from Aberdeen, but have lived in the SE for many many years.

A4B - so sorry about your job. You found anything else yet?

I’ve not been posting on Serebii for a few months - still finding ONM more useful, although their Pokemon section seems to have stagnated recently too.

It's been a quiet run up to Christmas for me. Operation soon after half term and long recovery period. I haven't really touched Pokemon for ages. I got Ranger 2, but got stuck with the 2 Rampardos and just haven't found the energy to work on it. Will have to do something soon or I'll miss out on the special missions. Thing is, I’m spending any time I can these days on Animal Crossing LGTTC.

PkmnTrainerJ

I'm not going to be awake New Year's Day, so happy new year to you all, and hope you had a great Christmas.

Pearl's Perap

*resuscitates club*

A belated Happy New Year from me, hope everyone didn't get TOO merry. I myself stayed in with my dad and watched Meet The Fockers, not very fun at all D:

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Belated Happy New Year!

Anyone else played the Pokemon Ranger games? I finished story mode in Ranger2 last week and finally got the download missions. Egg, Darkrai and Riolu are now ready to be transferred to Diamond :)

I'm so pleased they improved the capture technique in Ranger2. I had to get someone else to complete Ranger1 for me cos I just couldn't do it!

I too really appreciate the new capture system in Ranger 2, it is so much easier. However, in saying that, the game's final boss (Darkrai) seemed so much more bearable than the previous installment's onslaught of Suicune, Entei and Raikou, which was so difficult, I can't even put it into intelligible words!
I've just got 3 more quests left now, before I can get to Celebi and Regigigas! I have finished the 'Extra Missions', and am awaiting the return of my Diamond, before transferring them.

Pearl's Perap

I haven't played the second Ranger game yet, I really couldn't enjoy the first one due to the whole capture system, but I didn't know that the second game had changed in terms of that, might have to check it now myself :]

Guvie00

Noob Collector
I'd like to join....
I haven't played either of the Ranger games yet but did see them for much cheapness in gamestation may invest come payday.....

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Hi there Guvie. In J's absence I'd like to say welcome to the UKpkmngamers' thread :)

Ranger2's the one to go for. Ranger1 will drive you round the twist.

Pearl's Perap

It drove me loopy to the point of putting it down so early into the game, I'd only reached the part in the sewers with the Koffing/Grimer/Muk D:

Guvie00

Noob Collector
Hi there Guvie. In J's absence I'd like to say welcome to the UKpkmngamers' thread :)

Ranger2's the one to go for. Ranger1 will drive you round the twist.

Thanks for that Shinycacnea, Both for my welcome & advise!
Now maybe a Noob question..... What if any PKMN can migrate/trade/gift over to Diamon/Pearl from Ranger??

I'm attempting to catch (trade) em all.
(Apologies if anybody's offend by that lame comment!)

Ranger 1 you have Manaphy only, whereas in the 2nd installment, you have Manaphy (still not entirely sure why though!), Aura Sphere Riolu and Darkrai.
It's not exactly going to help you along too much, just for Manaphy - take your pick from the two(!) of them.

Um quick question for you Guvie, I see in your TC that you have a Mantine. Is it EV trained, and if it is, is it particularly strong/useful? I'm looking to train one for my 5th team, purely because I love it so, but its movepool isn't too great. What's your opinion on it?

Guvie00

Noob Collector
Um quick question for you Guvie, I see in your TC that you have a Mantine. Is it EV trained, and if it is, is it particularly strong/useful? I'm looking to train one for my 5th team, purely because I love it so, but its movepool isn't too great. What's your opinion on it?

Hey Anyone 4 Buttons, thank for the update. As for my Mantine in my TC.... I have to explain that all the Poke on there are just the one's I used to pass the E4 for the 1st time and thats mainly because they were the strongest/highest leveled Poke I had. Neither of them were specifically EV trained because I never knew how to EV train before getting registered with Serebii :-( and that was only last month (Dec 08). I found her pretty useful because I'd taught her Surf but given my inexperience I'm not sure my opinion is much use.... Especially since I havent met the tower tycoon in the battle tower! (shakes head in frustration)

jpp1974

Hello from sunny Kent!

Only just spotted this part of Serebii...mind if I pull up a chair and natter?

(I'll bring cake...)

Mmmm...cake. I daresay it'll be fine. Cacnea or J will be along in a minute to accept you formally.
Cheers Guvie for the reply - I've come across the Tycoon a few times, and have yet to defeat him! On the back of that, I've a topic question for y'all, whilst the majority of us are back here, for the time being:
How many stars do you have on your D/P trainer card? Also, have you ever achieved full 5-star status on any of the previous games?
I believe I still only have 2 stars on my Diamond game, but am close to getting at least 2 more I think. Sorry if I'm being vague, but it's been over 3 months since I last saw my game! Can't wait to get it back!

Guvie00

Noob Collector
How many stars do you have on your D/P trainer card? Also, have you ever achieved full 5-star status on any of the previous games?
I believe I still only have 2 stars on my Diamond game, but am close to getting at least 2 more I think. Sorry if I'm being vague, but it's been over 3 months since I last saw my game! Can't wait to get it back!

I've only got 2 as well. I suck in the battle tower (see previous post) and without scoffing a batch of poffins don't have the patience to do the contests all at super rank.... says the guy that had the patience to steal 50 or so flags in the underground.... I'm trying to complete the National Dex but still need like 100 or so before I can but getting Legendaries is like finding hen's teeth especially with such a poor list of offers in return! (man I whine far to much)

PkmnTrainerJ

Sorry I've been away. Welcome to Guvie00 and jpp1974.

I have 4. I'm lacking the Battle Tower star. On FR/LG I got all the stars. Think that's the only one.

Blazios

I have 4. I'm lacking the Battle Tower star.

This. Stupid haxxy (if that is a word) Battle Tower...

I remember once being destroyed by 3 Quick Claw Horn Drills in a row...

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive

I have 1 star. Pathetic, I know.

Well, yesterday, I returned home from a night out and decided, 'I know, I'll start my Sapphire game again'. So I did, because there was nothing decent on there. I herd u liek Mudkipz, so I chose him, and am making my way towards the first gym now, and levelling up ALL of my team. Has anyone returned to the older games recently?

Also, as a side-note, it was my sister's birthday today, so this evening, we went ice-skating in the pouring rain. It was good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.