• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UK Pokémon Gamers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentleben

Nintendo VIP Fan
The Birmingham store selected is an odd choice. It's tucked away in a corner of the Selfridges store and the staff's knowledge of all things Nintendo is pretty crap. Just earlier this year I went in there looking for the Nintendo branded LAN Adaptor only to be told that Nintendo had plans to release one but it wasn't out yet.

I'm working the 16th as well-may be able to rush in after work of do a half day or something along those lines. (Undecided yet)

Dimbat

Arr...
I'll be at the Bristol event as it's over the Easter holidays ^^. Why choose that GAME store!? It's a bit of a treck from the bus stop... but at least it's only 1 bus from my place as opposed to the Darkrai one which I had to get a lift for!

The Birmingham one's in Selfridges? Ahaha, but at least they do great donuts, om nom nom nom ^^.

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Is there a meetup thread somewhere on Serebii for the Shaymin event? Have looked and looked and can only find thread that comments on this news.

That's one of the reasons I don't use these forums much anymore - it's too difficult to find what you're looking for.

Yeah. The search function doesn't really work.
Last year, kirkeastment started a meetup thread. If we ask nicely, maybe he could make another this year?

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
...and i'm back.

Im heading to the Plymouth event this year as I live there for uni. Would have gone to one further afield (back at home im nearest Reading) but travel expenses get irritatingly high when your this far away from the rest of civilisation.

Shame as most people are going to all the others, wont see the normal event crew *sniff* that was damn good pizza last time too *sniff*

PkmnTrainerJ

I'll be at a much more local store in Loughborough on the 16th, but don't think any of you are that close. Bit of a shame. :-(

Hey guys! As the event draws to a close, I'd like to ask you your opinions on which Nature is best on Shaymin? I'm going to get mine tomorrow, but don't really want to fluff it's nature, as I actually want to use it, and show off!
Also, I am tempted to go up to the Pokémon World Championships Qualifier up in London on the 30th May, purely just to get the Shiny Milotic. Anyone else going?

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Hey guys! As the event draws to a close, I'd like to ask you your opinions on which Nature is best on Shaymin? I'm going to get mine tomorrow, but don't really want to fluff it's nature, as I actually want to use it, and show off!
Also, I am tempted to go up to the Pokémon World Championships Qualifier up in London on the 30th May, purely just to get the Shiny Milotic. Anyone else going?

I don't know which nature is best, but to answer the milotic question. As much as i like going to these pokemon events, i'm not paying £50+ just to get to london, totally not worth the hassle. If possible i'll find someone who is going and ask them to pick me up one, saves me some cash. :D

PkmnTrainerJ

Yeah, shiny Milotic looks tempting, but I'm not going for it.

Also in regards to the Shaymin event, it couldn't be downloaded to US Platinum. :-(

However, the woman at Loughborough's event recognized me from the Woolworths Darkrai event, and said that there'll be a bigger Shaymin giveaway during the summer. So that's nice.

Though, sitting on 492/493 will annoy me for some time. Oh well, at least they're all legitimate.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Woo! I got a Shaymin!

It wasn't much of a big deal really, and there wasn't much else there. Yeah, so I'm resetting for a Timid subseeder, but all the Timids I've got had terrible IVs. My other Shaymin was Jolly, but I might use that as a Physical sweeper for a joke.

PkmnTrainerJ

Are you getting the Secret Key this month?

Do you have the US version of Platinum in other words. I just got mine this morning, but have been neglecting Platinum, so am only just at Hearthome at the moment.

Also, a little Pokémon thing at GAME, that some might be interested in. PokéPets

Pokemon Platinum launches across the UK on 22nd May – and to celebrate, we've put together this fantastic competition!

How to Enter
Dress up your pet or cuddly toy as your favourite colourful Pokemon and email the picture in to us at editor@game.co.uk with the subject line ‘PokePets Win Prizes!'

You could go for literally anything – from hats on your cats to stickers on a fish tank. The most original, funny and recognisable as Pokemon will be displayed on the GAME Website, and the winner(s) will bag themselves an awesome Pokemon prize. Good times!

But please, don't be cruel – any pics of pets looking unhappy with their costume will be disqualified. Bad times.

Prizes
The winner(s) will receive a Nintendo DSi console and copies of…

* Pokemon Platinum
* Pokemon Pearl
* Pokemon Diamond
* Pokemon Ranger 2
* Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time
* Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness

Dimbat

Arr...
I don't have the US Platinum, because I've got exams coming up soon and thought it'd be too much of a distraction with all the other things I want to do too.. So no, I'm not getting the secret key this month ^^.

I'm slightly irritated about the date of the World Championship.. my last exam's the day before, but that leaves me no time to think up a good strategy that obeys their rules. I'll not be paying however much it is to go down to London just for the shiny Milotic either.

The Poképets competition seems fun! I've got a white long-haired cat, so I wonder what I can do with her.. ^^

Darkhonchcrow

Please may I join. The only events I've been to recently are the Alamos Darkrai from WoolWorths and the Shaymin event in Bristol.

I live near Bristol in the South of the Country.

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw

Yeah, i'm planning on going, probably lose, but i'll enjoy the ride. Shiny Milotic is a nice little incentive too.

So how did the Search for Giratina (stupid name) event go for everyone else? There was a nice little gathering in Plymouth, nobody I knew from here or other events, but still some interesting people. However if I ever come up against someone with a team of 6 Mudkip named 'so' 'i' 'herd' 'you' 'leik' and 'mudkips' again, I may be forced to act unprofessionally.

Shame the Plymouth one was so low-key, I would have liked to have a go against the 'legendary' trainer.

Oh, and the event staff took pictures, I wonder where they will crop up.

TomstarRule

Rainbow Ruler. Funny
I never knew this was here... can I join? Do I need to do anything?

PkmnTrainerJ

Please may I join. The only events I've been to recently are the Alamos Darkrai from WoolWorths and the Shaymin event in Bristol.

I live near Bristol in the South of the Country.

That you may.

I never knew this was here... can I join? Do I need to do anything?

No, just say that you want to join. The person that runs the place is pretty lazy with the members list, so don't worry if you don't see yourself on there for a while.

Oh wait. That's me...

There. Have updated the members list and we're now sat on 139 members. Now to try and get a topic going:

Do you battle competitively?

I don't. I'm a collector more than anything in Pokémon, and then I raise a team of what I like, try and pay attention to EVs and moves, but in the end, as long as I'm having fun with it, I'm glad.

Also, a third and final edit: Has anyone seen the webcomic Super Effective by VG Cats guy, Scott Ramsoomair? It's a hilarious Pokémon webcomic, though it is updated as sparsely as the actual VG Cats comic. Here's an example:

080428.gif

Last edited:
Yes, but not on WiFi (don't have it :(). I fight on Shoddy.

I've seena a few of those comics, I think I'll check out some more.

Watergod

Master of mositure
Not really. I'm primarily a collector, my main aim is always to fill the Dex up. After that I raise things at random and try to give them decent movesets, EVs and natures. I only battle on PBR though, that's where all the battling noobs like me go.

TomstarRule

Rainbow Ruler. Funny

I do battle competitively.

I find that once Ive beaten the E4 and got most dex pages theres not much to do. I like to play against people, and I also like Pokemon (but which is best? FIGHT!). So competitive is perfect for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.