• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UK Pokémon Gamers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
Do you battle competitively?

Only 'in-game' competative such as wifi PBR, battle towers and against others in events.
But mainly PBR.

That Super Effective comic was hilarious, nice one J!

My favorite by far was...

080729.gif

[IMG200]http://www.vgcats.com/super/images/080729.gif[/IMG200]

Doesn't that evolve into Seviper? ;)

Do you battle competitively?
I train the Pokémon for it (EV training and moveset etc), but do not build teams, so do so, but not that often, on PBR. However, saying that, my double battle team of Infernape and Darkrai did completely wipe the floor with all my opponents at the Shaymin event last week. Nice and satisfying.

I'm currently finishing EV training my Shiny Machamp, in preparation for Pt.'s Battle Frontier, and will then start on an Articuno with Sheer Cold + Mind Reader. Possibly a Lapras and Smeargle in the near future too.

PkmnTrainerJ

However, saying that, my double battle team of Infernape and Darkrai did completely wipe the floor with all my opponents at the Shaymin event last week. Nice and satisfying.

Lucky you. There was no-one at my Shaymin event. Went in, got out my DS, chatted to the woman who recognised me from Birmingham, and went on my way.

Also, this club recently (25th March) became 3 years old! I know we're not the most active club, but I like that we're not insanely active. Thanks for all who have joined and participated so far, and thanks for those who will join up after this. :D :D

Atomic Boo

Oddium Wanderus ftw
Excellent, happy 3 years UK Pokemon Gamers Club!

If I remember rightly the only two Missignos I ever saw evolved into Kangaskhan and Brock!

Shame your event wasn't so eventfull (see what I did there) J. Which one did you go to?

Did anyone get a chance to go against the special trainer that was at some of the events? Just wondering what pokemon he used. The two event staff at the Plymouth event (who were really friendly may I add) said they only got to meet him once in training, they only did low-key events though so i'm not suprised.

PkmnTrainerJ

Loughborough, a very local one for me. Didn't see a special trainer at ours, that might have made it better.

There wasn't a trainer at the Brighton one, at least for the time I was there in the morning.

I just got into reading that web-comic, and was really enjoying some of then, and then it just stopped! I need more!

Also, have now decided against going to the Championships. I am instead hosting a BBQ party at my house, to celebrate finishing university. (Dissertation is currently kicking my arse)

PkmnTrainerJ

So, now it's official. If you haven't read, Gold & Silver are being remade for the DS, as Pokémon Heart Gold & Pokémon Soul Silver.

Reactions?
I'm so glad. Even though via hints in games and such it's obviously been a long time coming, I am quite overjoyed.

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
I'm ecstatic over the news. I've been waiting for ages for actual remakes and not rumoured remakes, so very pleased indeed.

As a follow up question, how many of us UK fans will be importing(JP or US) either one or both of the games?

I'll be importing at least one of the versions from japan, mainly as i prefer to import the japanese version, I won't be waiting for the US release, due to the fact that the UK release will more than likely only be 2 or 3 months after anyway.

PkmnTrainerJ

As a follow up question, how many of us UK fans will be importing(JP or US) either one or both of the games?

I'll import the US ones as usual.

I am so over the moon. Silver remains to this day one of my favourite games.
I'll be importing a US copy of Silver, and then perhaps get Gold when it comes out over here, depending on my need to 'Catch them all'...
I never get JP copies of the main role-playing games, as there is too much important text to read. I can just about figure my way through the JP anime, and that's as far as it goes!

TomstarRule

Rainbow Ruler. Funny
I'll probably download a ROM of one of them, and buy the other one. Which one I haven't decided.

UltimateNagash

I am a glow worm...
I'll just buy it when it comes out cheaply ;) in English

lol, after reading that and looking at your sig, i was left dissapointed, i was hoping you might've said, "I pity the fool, who downloads a ROM"

Hahahaha!!! If I hadn't been so bogged down by uni work at that time, I daresay I would've come up with a response like that!

Happy Platinum Day! Bought it today, and got a new DS Lite too to play it on, after my original brick DS's battery life is severely weaning...

PkmnTrainerJ

I really need to get back in to playing Platinum, just haven't had the time or effort and energy to do so lately. I think I've recently beaten Wake...I mean Crasher Wake.

PkmnTrainerJ

Nice to have you emerald Fox.

How are you enjoying Platinum UK-ers?

I've had the US version for ages, but not bothered with it too much, so am just about to take on Byron's gym, but will need to level up a whole bunch first. My team is only level 35 on average.

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Hi guys

Hmm. My (US) Platinum playing fizzled out a few weeks after beating the E4. Am currently playing a copy of Mystery Dungeon Darkness I picked up for £12 in Asda and am disappointed to find it doesn't communicate with my US Dungeon Time so I can't do rescues between the two games :-(

I'll definitely import a Jap copy of either HG or SS. You never know - they may have some useful glitches that'll be bugfixed by the time the US or EU versions come out.

I just hope we get a Celebi event soon. Would make more sense than more Shaymin.

Status
Not open for further replies.