• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

UK Pokémon Gamers Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Watergod

Master of mositure
Well, yesterday, I returned home from a night out and decided, 'I know, I'll start my Sapphire game again'. So I did, because there was nothing decent on there. I herd u liek Mudkipz, so I chose him, and am making my way towards the first gym now, and levelling up ALL of my team. Has anyone returned to the older games recently?

Also, as a side-note, it was my sister's birthday today, so this evening, we went ice-skating in the pouring rain. It was good times.
I do mono-type challenges on my Sapphire and Fire Red versions, but I haven't played them much recently since I bought loads of DS games.
I'm up to the Elite 4 on my Fire Red grass monotype. Needless to say, it's damn hard. I can't even remember where I am on my Sapphire normal monotype.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Has anyone returned to the older games recently?

Yeah, I always do monotypes on Sapphire and Emerald. I'm on a Psychic monotype with Ralts, and it's hard becasue it can't beat all the poochyenas...

PkmnTrainerJ

I still play Emerald, find it hard to go and play R/S. LG is all complete, but I use FR for some challenges against a mate. Might have to get in on these monotype challenges though. hehe. Posted this off my iPhone to see if it worked.

Pearl's Perap

I was considering restarting Gold AGAIN just because of how much fun it is, I've completed it a good ten times but I don't think the storyline ever gets old. It's the only pokémon game I can keep doing this with, though.

Guvie00

Noob Collector

I don't have any of the GBA versions of Pokemon (sobs). I did go back to to play a little of my Gold & Silver a while ago but just got frustrated that I couldn't move my old Poke over to my Diamond then the battery/memory died on my Gold so I slung them both back in my cupboard.....

...Can I join, please?

My location *points to it* is an anagram of England with a _ thrown into it because I can. Just thought you'd like to know.

I recently restarted Pokemon Emerald. And I'm planning on checking if my silver is still alive, but I doubt it.

PkmnTrainerJ

On the subject of old games, I found Gold, played it for a few hours and saved. Went back to it, and found it doesn't save anymore. >_<

Playing a game of Yellow at the moment though, planning on using Yellow's team from Pokémon Adventures.

Guvie00

Noob Collector
Still on the subject of old games

Still on the subject of old games...
I'm not sure how the pecking order is about how to post a question(s)/start a discussion here but......

How many people here have a copy of the old GBA versions of the games i.e. FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Saphire, Emerald? And then How many Pokemon have they Migrated over to Diamond & Pearl?

I don't have either of them and so obviously haven't Migrated any. But I have been desperately wasting money on eBay & Amazon trying to get them but the games I wind up buying don't function properly and wont Migrate.
(Foreign Imports so I'm told.. Feckin scammers)

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Hi Guviee

How many people here have a copy of the old GBA versions of the games i.e. FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Saphire, Emerald? And then How many Pokemon have they Migrated over to Diamond & Pearl?

I have all GBA carts, some are multiples. The multiples have mainly been bought via ebay so I can use them solely to SR for starters etc. I know what to look for to make sure the carts in the photos aren't fakes so haven't been stung like you.

Btw, J!, I think it's called synchronicity. I restarted Crystal a couple of weeks before you posted that you were playing Gold, battery still working. I posted a long reply to your message, but it got stuck in server limbo and didn't go live on this thread :-(

You can replace the battery in G/S/C carts. Google it. You unscrew the cart carefully and replace the tiny battery (hearing aid size) with one you can buy over the counter. Good luck!

Oh yeah, I also got my hands on a piece of software you can load on your phone to play the 1st and 2nd gen games. The version I downloaded doesn't have sound, but it's quite handy if you're stuck somewhere without DS/GBA/book and want to look cool fiddling with your phone. (Lol You know I don't ever look cool!!!)

Last edited:

Guvie00

Noob Collector
Hey Shinycacnea

I have all GBA carts, some are multiples. The multiples have mainly been bought via ebay so I can use them solely to SR for starters etc. I know what to look for to make sure the carts in the photos aren't fakes so haven't been stung like you.

You can replace the battery in G/S/C carts. Google it. You unscrew the cart carefully and replace the tiny battery (hearing aid size) with one you can buy over the counter. Good Luck.

Thought I'd never get a response...... I did have a look at the tips after getting stung the 1st time but a couple of them never actually put up an image of the cart and the boxes looked genuine it just wasn't to be...

Great tip about G/S/C I would ask if there's a risk to the game not working but I suppose the chance you get a working & saving game makes it worth it!? But I suppose I'm not gonna play them with a duff battery anyway...

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
So anyone importing Pokemon Platinum Version then?

I already imported the jp version(so glad i did as already got my darkrai), so i won't be going for the US version this time around, I'll just wait for the UK release.

As of right now i'm playing through platinum at a laid back pace(2nd run through), but just fast enough that it'll be done by the time of the UK release of the game.

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot

I have a very nice US pokemon email friend who owes me a favour ;) I sent her something last year that wasn't yet out in the states, so she is very kindly sending me my US Platinum and Giratina model this week.

Hopefully it will also have the latest US download pokemon on it as she makes a point of getting multiples. Also in the package will be her Ranger2 that she's stuck in and I said I'd help her with (oh dear, what appalling grammar!!!) We had a grand old time last weekend trading pokemon over wifi whilst chatting on Animal Crossing WiiSpeak!

Usually I would, but uni work is really tying me down at the moment, so I'm going to wait for the UK release, and see if anywhere is giving anything decent when you pre-order. Plus, for when I go away on holiday in a couple of week's time, I'm going to have GTA DS to keep myself busy.

EDIT: Just pre-ordered Platinum from GAME for £24.99, and you get the Giratina Origin Forme figure free!

Last edited:

Guvie00

Noob Collector

Na not me, just gonna wait till UK release. (Might be able to afford it then...)

YAY Shaymin event UK http://www.game.co.uk/pokemonevent/
Thanks Serebii!!

kirkeastment

Completing The Trio
Well thats great news, luckily for me i know exactly where the bristol one is hosted, as i had to take a long walk up that way previously, so i know what i'm in for. (Of course its not the leisurely 1/2 mile walk from my house like the woolies event was, lol.)

Anyone else going to the bristol event, i'll be getting there maybe just past nine, as i don't want to queue outside, and i'll probably be staying until 11 or 12, depending on how many shaymin i want to get.

shinycacnea

Lost the Plot
Anyone else doing London outskirts?

I'll be at Brent Cross or Kingston upon Thames, or even possibly both!

I have... but my DS is a bit off, so I can't play it until I get it fixed T.T (hopefully on Sunday).

Watergod

Master of mositure
I'm not importing Platinum, I'll wait for it to come out over here then decide whether to get it or not.
I'll be at the Meadowhall event for my Shaymin.

Status
Not open for further replies.