• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Confirmed

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Confirmed (entire roster now available)

[IMG139]http://i54.*******.com/2ni4ps5.jpg[/IMG139]

RELEASE DATE:
(Console)
15th November 2011 (US)
18th November 2011 (EU)

(PlayStation Vita)
17th December 2011 (JP)

RRP $40 USD / £29.99 GBP

Achievement/trophy list

New characters:
Strider Hiryu
Firebrand
Nemesis
Vergil
Phoenix Wright
Frank West

Ghost Rider
Hawkeye
Doctor Strange
Iron Fist
Nova
Rocket Raccoon

New stages:
Danger Room 2.0
Snowy Kattlelox Island
Shadowland
Ruined Tricell Laboratory
Daytime SHIELD Helicarrier
Asgard Night
Days of Future Past
The City That Never Sleeps (Daily Bugle Night)
Greyscale Demon Village

Costumes available as pre-order bonuses at select retailers (US only), costume pack from the original MvC3 also carries over here. DLC characters Shuma and Jill carry over if already purchased, but are not included if you didn't buy them before.

Each character now has six colours as well as a single alternate costume that must be purchased.

Haggar
Phoenix
Tron, Firebrand, Nemesis, Dormammu, Hawkeye and Doctor Strange
Akuma
Storm
Strider Hiryu and Ghost Rider
Wesker and Crimson Viper
Magneto and Wolverine
Amaterasu and Thor
Viewtiful Joe
Taskmaster
Vergil and Iron Fist
Dante
Iron Man
Trish and She-Hulk (BROKEN LINK: See Trish's alts here but no explanations, She-Hulk's alts+explanations can be seen in Hulk article)
Spencer
Hulk
Zero and Doctor Doom
Arthur
Super-Skrull
Morrigan and Deadpool
Felicia
Spider-Man
Phoenix Wright and Nova
Hsien-Ko
X-23
Chris Redfield and Captain America
Jill Valentine
Shuma-Gorath
Ryu and Sentinel
Chun-Li
MODOK
Frank West and Rocket Raccoon

Downloadable costumes 1

HD trailer/version 2/version 3/version 4
Strider vs Ghost Rider Gameplay
Hawkeye vs Strider
Ghost Rider vs Firebrand
Firebrand vs Hawkeye
Dr. Strange vs Nemesis 1/3
Dr. Strange vs Nemesis 2/3
Dr. Strange vs Nemesis 3/3
Iron Fist vs Vergil
Vergil vs Iron Fist
Phoenix Wright vs Nova
Nova vs Phoenix Wright
Frank West vs Rocket Raccoon
Rocket Raccoon vs Frank West

Last edited:

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Good thing that I didn't buy Marvel vs Capcom 3 because I so saw this coming especially how Marvel vs Capcom 3 basically had nothing but the bare bones.

Charizard Champion#06

Spiral Warrior
Great. I skipped out on MvC3 due to my tendency of not playing many fighting games with tons of combos and stuff. Then I tried it at a friend's house and thought "I could really get into this". I've been looking for it cheap but everywhere I go there's no one who sells it for under $40.

If I bought Ultimate would it be compatible with MvC3 with DLC or would my friend need a whole new game?

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I saw it coming a mile a way and all I have to say is:
[IMG139]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/5409/no5ykh.jpg[/IMG139]

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨

Crap Capcom. Just when I thought I was bored with this game. Looks like I'll have to trade it in for Ultimate.

I'm LOVING the Capcom characters. All of them but Frank. I'm pretty impartial to Marvel's though. What's the Raccoon from? He looks cool.

I knew holding off on getting Marvel vs. Capcom 3 was a good idea... and nice that Jill and Shuma-Gorath (Seemingly) don't have to be repurchased. PHOENIX WRIGHT? omg, please be true! And have Franziska von Karma as DLC, she has a whip and would make more sense in a fighting game.

Also a new MegaMan Legends stage/version of Kattlelox Island.

"Let's cancel Mega Man Legends 3 and modify the stage!" Thanks, Capcom... calling that the new female would be in the background so that one contest isn't a total waste.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I'm actually looking forward to this game, because I'm a fighting game fanatic.

I'm surprised Capcom would add Rocket Raccoon to the game(A character I just looked up because I've never heard of it). I mean, Capcom didn't add the Samurai Pizza Cats to Tatsunoku VS Capcom, and they're one of their more recognizable characters. Well at least it shows Capcom doesn't have anything against anthro characters.

Well I do like anthro characters, but I'm more interested in the fact Doctor Strange is in the game. I've always thought Doctor Strange was a cool character, plus except for Ghost Rider, he's the only new Marvel character in the roster I recognize. Also, I don't think the good Doctor gets enough attention, and is usually overshadowed by more famous Marvel characters like SpiderMan and the X-Men, so it's nice to see him in this game.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Crap Capcom. Just when I thought I was bored with this game. Looks like I'll have to trade it in for Ultimate.

I'm LOVING the Capcom characters. All of them but Frank. I'm pretty impartial to Marvel's though. What's the Raccoon from? He looks cool.
Rocket Racoon is from Guardians of the Galaxy and a big fan favorite for hardcore marvel fans. He is damn cool edition along with Nova who I thought didn't even have a shot. Still no Machine Man but I can dig this roster.
Also I love Hawkeye's level 3 which blew me away:
[IMG139]http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8633/1311178719270.jpg[/IMG139]
Here's your roster kiddies:
[IMG139]http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3705/1311185819853.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:

ParaChomp

be your own guru
You haven't played Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, have you? Frank is an awesome and hilarious character in it!

Phoenix Wright? Yes please!

No Mega Man? Saw it coming from a mile away. Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange? Looks awesome.

Last edited:

Wordy

#FlorrieSlayage2014
I'm surprised at who Marvel approved, to be honest. Capcom clearly just used the high rankers from the DLC polls (Strider, Phoenix, Vergil) and then added their own unique flavour (Firebrand, Nemesis) as well as the character they weren't able to finish up easily (Frank).

But no Mega Man X. Actually, Mega Man getting two reps as a whole in the final product with no Mega Man or even Roll is kind of... strange. Clearly the franchise is being backbenched.

On the other hand, Marvel had to look at every character and push those that they wanted. Hawkeye is evidently for next year's Avengers movie (as well as this year's Thor appearance), but seeing as I'm not a comics buff I can't really help on the others. Rocket Raccoon is a Marvel midget as a counterpart for Joe, Arthur and Ammy, but that's not really anything that I can see Marvel going 'Yay gameplay'. Anything going on in comics?

I was expecting a whole bunch of X-Men and an equal mix of newcomers and veterans. Instead, one veteran and a fleet of newcomers- or two, depending on how you count Frank.

Hey, we got Spectator. I guess I'm game. And the roster is pretty awesome.

Aside from the lack of girlies. Sadness. Maybe downloadable characters later along the line...?

Still, fifty characters is a helluva lot.

You can see the new art for all the characters by changing the name at the end of the URL- Viper is just viper.png, and Strider is strider.png but use Jill as a base to find everything.

http://static.capcom.com/character_api/umvc3/profile/jill.png

I'm going to jinx it and say third time's the charm. Sixty-two characters, obviously.

Last edited:

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
On the other hand, Marvel had to look at every character and push those that they wanted. Hawkeye is evidently for next year's Avengers movie (as well as this year's Thor appearance), but seeing as I'm not a comics buff I can't really help on the others. Rocket Raccoon is a Marvel midget as a counterpart for Joe, Arthur and Ammy, but that's not really anything that I can see Marvel going 'Yay gameplay'. Anything going on in comics?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocket_Racoon
Just think of Marvel's Star Fox if he went up against Thanos with him leading the team and surviving.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
"Ultimate Marvel" VS. Capcom 3? I don't get it, they aren't using the Ultimate Universe designs.

As for you Wordy, I couldn't upload those images. Also yes, despite me only owning a Wii (and saving up for the Wii U), I have no plans to get this game yet I'm still stoked about it.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
"Ultimate Marvel" VS. Capcom 3? I don't get it, they aren't using the Ultimate Universe designs.

As for you Wordy, I couldn't upload those images. Also yes, despite me only owning a Wii (and saving up for the Wii U), I have no plans to get this game yet I'm still stoked about it.
It's just a name. Super and some other ones don't fit. Ultimate works. They could give them all ultimate costumes.
Also if you want an idea on how the Raccoon will play like just think Cable.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
I know they don't, I was just stating something ironic.

Edit: Wait, sorry, I thought someone was comparing Rocket Raccoon to NINTENDO's Star Fox. Must have misread that.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It's just a name. Super and some other ones don't fit. Ultimate works. They could give them all ultimate costumes.
Also if you want an idea on how the Raccoon will play like just think Cable.
Stop ruining my jokes with the truth!

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Great... I'm guessing Capcom intended MvC3 to be a half *** game afterall. Capcom wanna make another quick buck.