• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultimate Team V2.2

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
The concept for this game goes to Weakling. Not fongerman, not lbsweet96, not dittoman97, not pokemon-expert-chris, and not me. Full credit to Weakling. Sorry for going against what you wanted, but we couldn't just let such an awesome game die.
Now that that's over with, welcome to Pokemon: Ultimate Team V.2! Okay, so I'm sure this may be unclear with some of you, so I'll go over in it more detail...

You start off with 500 points. The main purpose of points is for you to obtain new Pokemon for your team, the other is at the item shop (covered later). Evolving a Pokemon you have costs you points, whereas packs (covered later) for new Pokemon costs points, too.

How do you obtain points? It's simple. Battle! I determine the amount of points you get per match based on the result, Pokemon remaining alive, and other things. I will cover battles later, too...

Evolving
Evolving a basic into a stage one costs: 1000 points (ex. Charmander --> Charmeleon)
Evolving a stage one into a stage two costs: 2000 points (ex. Charmeleon --> Charizard)
Evolving a basic into it's fully evolved form costs: 1500 points (ex. Scyther --> Scizor)

So, when you have enough points, you have the option to evolve your Pokemon (if they can). The system is above, and I hope it is clear. But if you obtain a Magikarp in a pack, for instance, you cannot instantly evolve it into Gyarados if you have 1500 points. I will tell you when your Pokemon is ready to evolve. So it's best to use your weakest Pokemon in friendlies and CPU trainers if they need evolving.

The only other rule about evolving is that they cannot evolve in a battle, like in the games, only afterwards.

Packs
One of the focal points of this game. Packs are the main way to get new Pokémon. Everybody starts off with a starter pack, of 3 basic Pokemon. Of course that won't be enough to last you, you need to earn more points and buy new packs, which also consist of three Pokemon.

Of course, it would be unfair if the packs were 100% random. Why? Well, one player could gain a Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Salamence in their first pack. In order to prevent this, packs are tiered. By that I mean, with the more points you have, the higher ranked packs you can get, and that ultimately leads to better Pokemon.

So here is the system.

Basic Packs:

Cost: 1000 points/3000 points (R2)
Info: The most basic of all packs. If you buy this pack, you will gain an extra three Pokemon at the same level of the ones in your starter pack. However, I will roll a dice. If it's a six, one of the Pokemon in your pack will be from the next tier up. Other rolls count for nothing. Basic packs are good to buy at the beginning to get a healthy squad of Pokemon to choose from. Level 5.
Example: Burmy, Tyrouge, Ledyba.

Trainer Packs:

Cost: 1750 points/5000 points (R2)
Info: The next step up. This pack will gain you three Pokemon slightly better than the previous pack. The dice roll rule once again comes into effect; a six gets you a Pokemon from the tier above it. These packs are good when you start to get the hang of things. Level 30 after gym 4.
Example: Linoone, Dustox, Tangela.

Ace Packs:

Cost: 3000 points/7500 points (R2)
Info: You're nearly at the top. You know those arrogant ace trainers? Well, this pack will land you three Pokemon at a similar level they have. The dice roll rule is changed here; if you roll a one, one Pokemon is from the below tier. These packs are ideal for making your team that much better, and perfecting it. Level 50 After gym 7.
Example: Charizard, Weavile, Kingdra.

Event Packs:
Cost: Event Item
Info: Nope, these packs don't require real events, but the items can be earned for performed certain feats. These packs only contain one Pokemon...but it's worth it.

Trading

Need that certain Pokemon that somebody else has? Well you can trade. Trading can involve Pokemon and points. I don't need to say much here, do I?

Battles
Ahh, the main point of this whole process. What good is a perfect team if you can't fight with them? Battling gives you the opportunity to earn points, and gym badges.

There are several sub-sections, because it is a broad topic.

Battling: Gyms

Well, you're in a new region, and of course, it has gyms! There are eight gyms as usual, in order of strength. Each gym specializes in it's own type, and has two trainers to test you before you face the leader.

Gym 1: Psychic
Arthur
Pokemon: Unknown

If you wish to challenge a gym leader, just ask on the thread, you must fight them in order, no exceptions. Only challenge when you are sure your team is capable! They progress in difficulty.

Battling: Elite 4
Elite 1:

Name: Fred
Type: Mixed
Team: Random

Elite 2:

Name: Bob
Team: Unknown

Elite 3:

Name: Alex

Elite 4:

Name: Brandon

Battling: Friendlies

Want to toughen up before the gyms and get your Pokemon that experience it needs to evolve? Well, you are allowed to battle regular trainers, and other forum members participating. You are limited to one per day per person. After a battle with a random trainer (controlled by me), if you win you get the option to trade a Pokemon with him.

Battling: How Battles Work

Similar to in-game battles. Pokemon have a move-set of 4. Pokemon are also given an amount of HP. Different attacks do different damage and can do more or less with stat enhancing/decreasing attacks.

So basically, a simpler version of the battles from the games. DON'T COMPLAIN IF LUCK DOESN'T GO YOUR WAY!

The TM Store

***NOTE*** You MUST have at least 4 gym badges to use the TM Store ***NOTE***

Well, what do you think this is? A store where you buy your Technical Machines!

The Safari Zone

***NOTE*** You can only use this feature after you have 6 gym badges or more ***NOTE***

An alternate way to get Pokemon, but you may only get 1 Pokemon a day from The Safari Zone.

How it works is, you tell me you wish to go in the Safari Zone. Then I will choose a Pokemon, it can be anything other than legendaries so it could be a Magikarp or a Garchomp, using a RNG, it will be totally random. You then post if you want to run from the Pokemon or catch it. If you decide to catch it, you must beat it in a fight then it is yours and you leave the Safari Zone.

If you aren't happy with the Pokemon, you can have up to 5 encounters if you reject the first 4. You don't have to catch a Pokemon there if you don't want to. The entry fee is 500 points which is cheap if you get something great out of it.

Signing Up

The process of signing up is simple. Just tell me this:

Favourite Basic Pokemon:

What else? Nothing! That's it! That simple! If you fail to do that...you must fail to do anything
I am adding a rule that states you must pick a pokemon that has an evolution so no lapras or tropius etc.

Fongerman, Brandyjay, Dittoman, Chris, and I are all updaters people! We can work it for you!

Sasukeanditachi: 300P
;158; - 85HP lv.8
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun

;252; - 80HP lv.5.5
Pound
Leer

;118; - 80HP lv.6
Peck
Tail Whip
Water Sport

;353; - 80HP lv.5
Knock Off
Screech

;010; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
String Shot

;216; - 80HP lv.5.5
Scratch
Leer
Lick
Fake Tears

;001; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
Growl

Greenday4ever: 25P
;198; - 85HP lv.7
Peck
Astonish
Pursuit

;193; - 85HP lv.7
Tackle
Foresight
Quick Attack

;327; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
Upraor

;029; - 80HP lv.5
Growl
Scratch

;387; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
Withdraw

;200; - 80HP lv.5
Growl
Psywave
Spite

Pokemon-expert-chris: 1950P
;133; - 85HP lv.7
Tackle
Tail Whip
Helping Hand

;441; - 80HP lv.8
Peck
Growl

;007; - 80HP lv. 6
Tackle
Tail Whip

PurplePassion 500P
;116; - 80HP lv.5
Bubble
Smokescreen

;349; - 80HP lv.5
Splash
Dragonbreath

;177; - 80HP lv.5
Peck
Leer

SpyroxPikachu 500P
;172; - 80HP lv.5
Thundershock
Charm
Tail Whip

;104; - 80HP lv.5
Growl
Tail Whip
Double Kick

;133; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
Tail Whip
Helping Hand

Treeconator11 3425P 1 Badge
;037; - 90HP lv.10
Ember
Tail Whip
Roar

;363; - 90HP lv.10
Defence Curl
Powder Snow
Growl
Water Gun

;255; - 85HP lv.8.5
Scratch
Growl
Focus Energy

Bugwarrior 900P
;343; - 80HP lv.5
Confusion
Harden
Rapid Spin

;238; - 80HP lv.5
Pound
Lick

;287; - 80HP lv.6.5
Scratch
Yawn

;069; - 80HP lv.5
Vine Whip

;246; - 80HP lv.6.5
Bite
Leer
Sandstorm

;132; - 80HP lv.5
Transform

Houndude 1325P
;349; - 80HP lv.5.5
Splash
Dragonbreath

;016; - 80HP lv.5.5
Tackle
Sand Attack

;004; - 80HP lv6
Scratch
Growl

;280; - 80HP lv.5.5
Growl
Shadow Sneak

;333; - 80HP lv.6.5
Peck
Growl
Astonish

Dittoman 500P
;447; - 80HP lv.5
Quick Attack
Foresight
Endure

;163; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
Growl
Foresight

;293; - 80HP lv.5
Pound
Uproar

Kuriboh 500P
;019; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle
Tail Whip
Quick Attack

;459; - 80HP lv.5
Powder Snow
Leer
Razor Leaf

;027; - 80HP lv.5
Scratch
Defence Curl

lbsweet96 2075P 1 Badge
;363; - 90HP lv.10
Defence Curl
Powder Snow
Growl
Water Gun

;293; - 80HP lv.5
Pound
Uproar

;418; - 90HP lv.10
Sonicboom
Growl
Water Gun
Quick Attack

;434; - 80HP lv.5
Scratch
Focus Energy
Poison Gas

;063; - 80HP lv.5
Teleport
Knock Off

;351; - 80HP lv.5
Tackle

Last edited:
I say we start over too

Sasukat

Back from the dead
same here,i wanna start with totodile now thou

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
ok everyonew we are going to start again.
Spots are reserved for the players from lbsweets one. That is ZFXZFX, dittoman97, bugwarrior, treeconator11, kuriboh361 and houndude.
@PEC: will you still be an updater please because lbsweet cant and fongerman is doing other things. I will ask dittoman too.

fongerman

The Mafia Godfather
Just remember people. it is YOUR job to post asking for a battle and it is the updaters job to respond. It is not the updaters job to seek battles to update

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
@ PEC: I need a basic pokemon.
@ everyone: As you can see in the OP I am using a level system. Every time your pokemon beats another pokemon your pokemon goes up half a level. If that ends up being too fast I will slow it down. Anyway pokemon now evolvbes as they normally would. Happiness and stones occur at level 30.
That is all.

Sasukat

Back from the dead
i want random battle,start with totodile and paras is up for trade

Treeconator11

Ultranumb
Favorite basic?

I'll go with Vulpix again. Hope I can get my team again, it was awesome.

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
ok i shall do you teams in a sec.
I am going to say no new people.
If you are still interest give me a VM and if I can cope with the numbers I might accept more. Those with spots reserved may still sign up as it is unfair for you to miss out just because the owner changes.
@ spyrox pikachu, you get a pichu that can evolve into pikachu at Lv.15.
The same rule goes with any pokemon that have two evolutions like that such as igglybuff and budew.