1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra Beast Clash! Operation: Boom Boom Crackle!! (1021)

Discussion in 'Pokémon the Series: Sun & Moon - Ultra Adventures' started by Serebii, Jun 7, 2018.

1. LilligantLewis

LilligantLewis primarina donna

I know what you meant but the Master Class was actually a Showcase not Contest.

Oh, I see, I looked down at my phone at that part and misunderstood what happened so thanks for explaining it.

They are obsessed with showing the Super Sentai thing each time.

I doubt it.

Wow, this is such high praise for a fairly random episode.

I expect it to be like Axew's Outrage and just appear once as a fake sign of progress in one episode, and then never be used again.

When was the last time Kanto fireworks appeared?

it was hilarious though

2. Mega Altaria

Mega Altaria 4th anniversary of ORAS, 16th anniversary of RS

Yeah it’s just great to see how Pokémon can work with humans to cover their weaknesses. Glad that you now know what you missed.

3. LilligantLewis

Yeah I thought that Lillie and Steenee each individually threw a Poké Ball and was confused why they didn't show the one that failed to catch anything.

4. Mega Altaria

Oh. I’ve never seen two Poké Balls being thrown at one Pokémon so that’ll be a weird thing for me. I also would have found it weird considering Lillie’s hilariously poor throwing skills.

5. LilligantLewis

Earlier in the same episode didn't they all 6 of them throw Beast Balls at Blacephalon hoping that at least one would catch it?

6. Mega Altaria

I think that only happened to Stakataka at a later point. I think this time only Lana caught the other one.

7. LilligantLewis

Oh okay

8. Mega Altaria

I think I remember that Lillie caught Blacephalon and Lana caught Xurkitree, just to clear things up.

LilligantLewis likes this.
  9. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Yep

AND THEY SPENT THE ENTIRE DAY DOING THAT AND NEVER ONCE TRIED ANYTHING ELSE

And Ash's plan for the next day would've been "throw two balls at once"

That was such a stupid episode

10. DatsRight

DatsRight Well-Known Member

The twerps are used to plot armour and the power of friendship against antagonistic Pokemon. While I commend them for trying to be clever in most of these episodes, you can sort of tell they aren't used to having to take that approach. :p

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  11. Vipsoccermaster

Vipsoccermaster Well-Known Member

Good episode to watch. Who can not like the fireworks? The fireworks of the Alolan Starters were all cool. Blacephalon and Xurkitree were two wild show-off Ultra Beasts, trying to see who is better at fireworks, lol. They would do excellent in contests and showcases. That Ash moment was hilarious. But great for him to utilize Splintered Stormhards for the first time to calm down the Ultra Beasts. As for the companions, great to see them taking part in attempting to catch the beasts. But only Lana and Steenee (not Mallow) successfully did. Yes, a Pokémon caught a Pokémon!

Oh Lana, your jokes cracks everyone up! But I suspect she was serious at the ending. CHARGE FOR ADMISSION!

12. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Final Destination me, you *****.

Someone call Pokemon Contests. We got a misplaced episode of theirs here.

This anime should go full CGI. The only way to stick waaaaay closer to the Sugimori artwork.

Those two beasts were behaving like a normal Wild Pokemon once they started strangely competing against each other. I'd say they were better off doing that because they didn't seem like a threat.

I-I don't think a glowing symbol in the sky can be called a firework. It's not a firework if it doesn't explode.

Did a Beast Ball hit Xurkitree on its ***?

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  13. LilligantLewis

I think it was more performances.

14. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris Final Destination me, you *****.

Sounds like a strange name for Pokemon Contests with complete bias towards competitors.

15. Soaring Pikachu

Soaring Pikachu Cool Trainer

Which was more flashy? The Ultra beasts light display in the skies or Ash's new Rock Z move? Hard to choose.

16. LilligantLewis

The Ultra Beasts

Twilight-Kun likes this.
  17. Twilight-Kun

Twilight-Kun Pokemon World Champion

Lycanroc's Z-move didn't have even half the impact seen in the games

They wasted way too much time and effort on the UB

I hope they do it proper justice in the future

LilligantLewis likes this.