• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beast Clash! Operation: Boom Boom Crackle!! (1021)

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
It was... ok. I enjoyed the fireworks and how the Ultra Beasts looked and moved. Not very entertaining but I appreciated some things:
-Pikachu going back to making faces, imitating a Pokemon. It felt like It's been so long since I've seen Pikachu make a face.
-I think Poipole was throwing a temper tantrum. Either way, it was really cute but makes me wonder what it was pouting about.
- Ash and Lycanroc performing a Z Move (Lycanroc Z Move I guess? I'm not knowledgeable on Z Moves.) I was taken aback by the new animation like certain scenes of Lycanroc changing into Red Eyes, Ash's body movements, and the last scene of Lycanroc's back against the explosion just made him 10x cooler. :D
-Bounsweet helping Lillie throw the Pokeball in the right direction (and the end credit scene of Lillie practicing with Shiron. The comeback nickname of GanbaLillie!!!)
-Watching Pikachu tail move as Prof Kukui is talking near the end.
-Wondering what Lana is planning in that last scene..
-The scenes where the light were out
- Ash being adorable
-Poipole helping out in the end and Lillie being the last one to take the final shot.

Kind of disappointed Mallow didn't do much. Maybe she should get a second Pokemon or find some way to get some importance other than being a supporting role to Best Pokegirl Lillie.

Last edited:

DatsRight

Kind of disappointed Mallow didn't do much. Maybe she should get a second Pokemon or find some way to get some importance other than being a supporting role to Best Pokegirl Lillie.

At least Steenee and her ride Pokemon were moderately useful this episode. Plus Steenee helped Lillie aim her Pokeball at one of the UB so it kinda evens out (it might have helped if Mallow called for Steenee to do such, would have also played on her looking out for Lillie again).

Oh well, if Lillie and Sophocles are getting episodes next, maybe Mallow will be on the July list.

I was rather surprised it was seemingly Ash that thought up the idea of making a performance for the two, I always expected it would be one of the girls to have that mindset.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
The UBs surely like to make a show of themselves, I'm pretty sure they would impress the crowd in a Pokemon Contest. The crew understood this so they made their Pokemon combined attacks, which look like some kind of massive energy wheel, to impress the UBs so they can make their biggest shows, which can be potentially dangerous. Lana & Lillie managed to capture them, too bad they can't keep the UBs so they released them to their world. I'm seeing XY(Z) Ash for a few second, maybe to tease the old fans who wanted him back. Good episode, I like episodes where the crew are really involved into an event, even the ride Pokemons were doing something.

satopi

Life doesn’t end, …it changes.
At least Steenee and her ride Pokemon were moderately useful this episode. Plus Steenee helped Lillie aim her Pokeball at one of the UB so it kinda evens out (it might have helped if Mallow called for Steenee to do such, would have also played on her looking out for Lillie again).
She did. If she didn't ,I think Shiron would've been the one to help her aim like she did in the end credit scene.

Oh well, if Lillie and Sophocles are getting episodes next, maybe Mallow will be on the July list.
Hopefully. :(

I was rather surprised it was seemingly Ash that thought up the idea of making a performance for the two, I always expected it would be one of the girls to have that mindset.
I don't blame him. He's seen this a bunch of times. It's no wonder he thought up the idea when Coordinators do the same thing. Good thinking!

DatsRight

She did. If she didn't ,I think Shiron would've been the one to help her aim like she did in the end credit scene.

Oh yeah, my mistake (doesn't help I watched a copyright muted video). Well at least that side of Mallow hasn't been neglected.

Satomine Night

The Power of Z!
From a continuity perspective, it actually makes sense that Ash would be the one to come up with that idea. After all, he is the one who has watched Contests and Showcases, and it's not Farfetch'd to think Blacephelon and Xurkitree's face-off might have reminded Ash of Contests Appeal rounds and Showcases.

DatsRight

From a continuity perspective, it actually makes sense that Ash would be the one to come up with that idea. After all, he is the one who has watched Contests and Showcases, and it's not Farfetch'd to think Blacephelon and Xurkitree's face-off might have reminded Ash of Contests Appeal rounds and Showcases.

I don't bemoan it. After all I like seeing Ash show his wits and experience, just it is something you expect to jog one of the female companions' minds.

I also like seeing Electro Web get a really elaborate use right off the bat. I can see a lot of clever ways to use this move which I hope don't go to waste. Togedemaru and Charjabug improvising a makeshift one was kinda clever too.

Last edited:

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
The Firework display the Ash and friends made was nice, a bit weird debuting Lycanroc's signature Z-move here seems like that would be something for a more battle friendly episode, I missed seeing Ash revert to his old design though I am sure it was a nice call back (sarcasm not intended) and it was nice having someone other than Ash catch the Ultra Beast.

Although I do have my fair share of nitpicks but this is the only one I feel like sharing:

Why is that none of the Ultra Beast have been battled against the traditional way? I mean they are about as strong as legendary Pokemon, and those guys have been defeated in the past or at the least Ash and his friends were able to put up somewhat of a fight against them in the past, so why are the Ultra Beast so different? The closest to a proper battle we had was against Buzzwole, and ended rather anti-climatically. Its not like they're invincible or anything

DatsRight

Why is that none of the Ultra Beast have been battled against the traditional way? I mean they are about as strong as legendary Pokemon, and those guys have been defeated in the past or at the least Ash and his friends were able to put up somewhat of a fight against them in the past, so why are the Ultra Beast so different? The closest to a proper battle we had was against Buzzwole, and ended rather anti-climatically. Its not like they're invincible or anything

I think it's largely because half the Ultra Guardians aren't even fully fledged battlers, so having most of the cases early on be 'starter bosses' more revolved around wits and abilities than raw power is an easier way to make them all equally important. Hopefully we might get some battles later down the line, when some more fearsome UBs come forth and hopefully some of the trainers are a bit more powerful.

The problem is that while legendary battles have occurred in the past, the majority of them were undecided or went for a very long and developed duration of time. They don't like selling them short, even Ash is only sporadically allowed to defeat one outright, which may explain why they prefer these less conventional situations.

At the very least I prefer UG situations over TR curb stomps as filler dilemmas. With the former we at least see different Pokemon and changes in strategies from the twerps. It still feels like something of a challenge, just a very unconventional one.

Last edited:

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
Now the english sub's came.

They actually address Blacephalon using the fire works to startle people and feed of the energy that comes from that, (In other words it's predatory nature is still there and I am not disappointed!) In addition Xurkitree causing problems with the power lines, like the games said it would do as well as it shooting lightning at the kids.

Otherwise it is same as with Buzzwole in that it is a couple of confused animal's in an alien world that would cause problems since they ESPECIALLY were in the process of fighting each other.

8.2/10 for me. (Better than Celesteela's episode due to us getting to the meat of it early and giving us the visual payoff through out!) Now we have four more UB's to sit through. Pheramosa, Stakataka, Kartana and Guzzlord.

Then it is just Necrozma and Naganadel.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I think it's largely because half the Ultra Guardians aren't even fully fledged battlers, so having most of the cases early on be 'starter bosses' more revolved around wits and abilities than raw power is an easier way to make them all equally important. Hopefully we might get some battles later down the line, when some more fearsome UBs come forth and hopefully some of the trainers are a bit more powerful.

The problem is that while legendary battles have occurred in the past, the majority of them were undecided or went for a very long and developed duration of time. They don't like selling them short, even Ash is only sporadically allowed to defeat one outright, which may explain why they prefer these less conventional situations.

At the very least I prefer UG situations over TR curb stomps as filler dilemmas. With the former we at least see different Pokemon and changes in strategies from the twerps. It still feels like something of a challenge, just a very unconventional one.

This is true, Kiawe and dare I say Ash are the only ones qualified to battle the UBs, the others all suck forgive my bluntness.

And yes even I'll admit the UBs are a better form of entertainment than watching Team Rocket getting curbstomped every 10 seconds.

Well like you said maybe we'll get lucky and get some proper battles down the line, I know I said this before in the past but I do hope the Ultra Beast keep on appearing even after Necrozma is dealt with, especially considering if memory serves they said the Ultra Wormholes appear often or at least sporadically or something like that, well that and I like to see more than one of each species of UB to appear, even if its not in the same episode

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I’m just glad to see side characters doing things again after Acelora basically did nothing in the Ula’Ula arc. Sure they would have been a waste in those episodes but Acelora wasn’t any better in that time span lol.

For the episode it was decent. Both UBs got good screen time and Blacephalon was especially done well animation wise imo. Definitely better then the previous too overall. At least to me.

DatsRight

This is true, Kiawe and dare I say Ash are the only ones qualified to battle the UBs, the others all suck forgive my bluntness.

And yes even I'll admit the UBs are a better form of entertainment than watching Team Rocket getting curbstomped every 10 seconds.

Well like you said maybe we'll get lucky and get some proper battles down the line, I know I said this before in the past but I do hope the Ultra Beast keep on appearing even after Necrozma is dealt with, especially considering if memory serves they said the Ultra Wormholes appear often or at least sporadically or something like that, well that and I like to see more than one of each species of UB to appear, even if its not in the same episode

Yeah I like all the companions helping on equal footing in these episodes. Sure the non-battlers helped in XY as well, but that was because TR and other bad guys didn't really put up any sort of challenge, mentally or physically (or when they did they were back to hiding behind Ash). It was very bare bones and very repetitive scout points that didn't really play on any of their abilities.

I liked Lillie and Sophocles figuring out how to maintain Celesteela last episode, and practically half the team's Pokemon combining to make a creative diversion in this one. I also liked how all the Electric type Pokemon were vital against Xurkitree as well, not just Pikachu stealing the show (though him having to carry Charjabug away was cute).

I get the suspicion the UBs might reappear in some form, if maybe just some sort of cameo in Ultra Space or form together to either take on or help the twerps in the last arc.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
I liked seeing Lilie and Mao doing things of important by capturing the two Ultra Beasts, and I was glad to see Splintered Stormshards used. The fireworks display was cool, but it's a shame that we didn't see the Rocket-dan.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
This is, hands down, the best Ultra Guardians episode we have gotten yet. I loved everything about this episode, it was great from beginning to end.

I really loved the rivalry between Blacphelon and Xurkitree and how they tried to one up each other in a show of fireworks. That was very creative. I espeically loved the teamwork between Ash and his classmates and how they came up with a solution to their dilemma in this episode. Catching Xurkitree and Blacepelon’s attention with a firework show of their own was really neat to see It was dazzling and looked absolutely amazing, it looked the appeal round of a contest. I absolutely loved every minute of it.

But the real star of the show in this episode for me was Splintered Stormshards. I loved the animation for it, especially with the opening song playing in the background. It was so well done and it didn’t seem like they altered much from the games.

This episode was perfect, definitely is rivaling One Journey Ends, Another Begins as my favorite episode from the SM anime and possibly, my favorite Ultra Guardians episode. It is well deserving of a perfect score of 10 our of 10.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
lol at XY ash being back for a few seconds, they were really having some fun animating this ep
also, serena better take some notes for her showcases

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I had fun this episode. It reminded me how much I've missed the rest of the main cast over the last couple of episodes. I love Lana's quirky dry jokes, Lillie's sweet clumsiness, and so on. I do wish Lillie would've used Aurora Veil instead of Powder Snow, we don't get to see Aurora Veil enough and this was a perfect opportunity.