• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts and New Pokémon Forms

Pathfinder

No Angel
Ultra Beasts and New Pokémon Forms

Discuss anything related to the Ultra Beasts and New Pokémon Forms. By New Pokémon forms I mean things like Zygarde Complete, Ash-Greninja, Lycanroc's Midday and Midnight Forms, and things of that nature.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Now that the games are out I feel comfortable talking about the UBs more in depth.

My personal favorites are Pheromosa, Kartana, and Guzzlord. The good thing about Pheromosa is that it's just got Beast Boost as an ability and not that possible Attract-based thing we were all fearing. Also statwise they seem to be on par with the legendary birds and beasts, meaning they don't seem too OP.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
Haven't really had a chance to play on the SM OU ladder but here's stuff I've heard with some theorymon.

Pheromosa is borked. It outspeeds and kills everything, and whatever it can't kill it can U-turn out of to have Bisharp or Dugtrio deal with the problem.

Other UBs seem pretty balanced. Kartana and Xurkitree look really threatening with their overkill attacking stats, but their movepools hold them back.

Zygarde Complete is apparently a god with RestTalk, Coil, and Thousand Arrows; the bulk is just unreal. Blunder has a video of his ladder experience with it if you want to see Zygarde in action.

Battle Bond Greninja is lame. It lacks important coverage (no HP Fire or Tutors) and the power loss from not running Protean makes securing kills much harder, so you'll be hard-pressed to even activate BB.

Aduro

Mt.BtlMaster
I'm in the UK and have mostly avoided spoilers from gen VII's new pokemon, so I've been wondering, which version do you think has the better version exclusives competitively? I'm worried I might miss out on something really centralizing for VGC and I've heard that the Ultra Beasts will be really broken. It might be like trying to get into VGC 2016 without a reliable change to get a Primal Kyogre with the right nature would have been.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Phermosa is a monster. It is really fast and has a decent typing.

Guzzlord... that HP stat is something.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Celesteela seems to be the talk of the town lately in a lot of formats. It's the only one where I can't think of what nature would be best for it, can honestly run just about any nature it wants. At least in Battle Spot it seems like Celesteela + Alolan Marowak is picking up a lot of hype now though I'd imagine Marowak might fall off after Bank comes around. Probably going to be running Mega Salamence/Celesteela/Marowak for Battle Tree at least though.

Karxrida

Lost in the Waves
In case you guys didn't know, Zygarde-C got quick-banned.

Also I really want to see how SpD Buzzwole plays, as I did some calcs and found out it counters Lando-I.