1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Endless

Endless Sun God ☉

2. Nibbles4Ever

Nibbles4Ever 1 more day ^^

The ultra beasts sounds like a neat idea. I wonder if they are actually pokemon or something else like dark matter in super mystery dungeon =)

3. Class Zero

Class Zero We have arrived.

I wonder if they're all going to be made from the same type of material, but maybe take a different animal as inspiration.. :D

4. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

New name for what would otherwise be your standard garden variety Legendary Pokémon! I don't get NO HYPE!

5. Nunn

Nunn Pokermanz Meister!

I'm still going to catch them all! ;D

6. TrottingMinccino

TrottingMinccino Victory Star!

So apperently, these are NOT pokemon, but mysterious entities and most likely threats. Oh boy, i'm starting to get Super Mystery Dungeon flashbacks...

7. 08davise

08davise Member

I really hope they are something catchable- The fact that no type has been revealed and the fact that they are called beasts and have been refered to as a possible threat to pokemon makes me fear they might not be. It would just be such a shame to waste the design tbh. How many are there tho?? I mean if this one is called UB-01 it implies there are going to be 10+.

8. Dragon Pulse

Dragon Pulse Well-Known Member

They're essentially powerful monsters? Given that, Pokémon are indeed monsters too, but Ultra Beasts sound more monster-like. I wonder what their purpose is and why they were created, and if they have types like Pokémon do.

9. hydrosharp_98

hydrosharp_98 27/02/96

Meh, it doesn't seem to be a Pokémon...

And, specifically on UB-01:

Can't believe how quickly some people jumped on this thing being Lillie. Yes, while we thought she may be a Pokémon or have a Zygarde Core before...I don't see her being a being that seems to travel through a wormhole?! And, I mean, Lillie definitely seems to be Lusamine's daughter and Gladion's sister.

Unless Lusamine is actually an Ultra Beast too, intent on bringing her kind over from half way across the universe...but anyway, my initial thoughts would have been Zinnia or the Lumiose Ghost Girl.

10. Locormus

There's going to be 40 in all. The Reddit-user RedRedWine confirmed it.

11. Saintzdragons

Saintzdragons New Member

I'm curious to know how many of these ultra beasts they will be? Like this is clearly the start of a new type of creature that as stated are not Pokemon

12. hydrosharp_98

hydrosharp_98 27/02/96

Please tell me you're joking. Please!

13. 08davise

08davise Member

Have you got a link? and with regards to the Lillie thing, it defo is somethign to do with her, if you look at its shape and the fact its described as acting like a young girl.

14. Locormus

No. RedRedWine confirmed that we'll be seeing Ultra beasts all the way up to UB-40.

15. Saintzdragons

Saintzdragons New Member

Haha now that is funny, some how I really doubt it.

16. 08davise

08davise Member

serioulsy pls a link would be awesome????

17. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

So excited about what these will be used for, how they will effect plot and the overall universe...

I'm sure they won't be actually evil, only misunderstood. I think they must come from some alternate dimension or something... As in the Japanese trailer it seems to come from some kind of gate thing. Maybe two meeting dimensions are threatening to collapse the world (and that's why the ultra beasts come out. They themselves aren't harmful, but their ability to cross over is and the universes overlapping will destroy them both).

I hope they end up being catchable and usable like Pokémon. I think they either will be, or they will only be things we fight and might actually be "typeless" thus, their threat. Like nothing is super effective against it, perhaps they even resist everything...almost a void or null type. And that's why type: null was created, to mimic these other dimensional beings of bizarre typing that seem to have great power here. Only they couldn't actually create the "null" type.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  18. TrottingMinccino

TrottingMinccino Victory Star!

You mean there will be 40 of these...THINGS skulking about? Pack your bags folks, this planet is doomed!

19. .Aerodactyl.

.Aerodactyl. Well-Known Member

Who is this person and why should we believe them exactly?

20. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

Assuming the player battles them at one point, and that they're aliens extra-dimensional beings summoned by Aether Foundation, I think it's a refreshing addition (to the main series) after 20 years of fighting humans and Pokémon.
    I'm curious about how they'd tie into Solgaleo/Lunaala waking up and Team Skull. Lillie/UB-01 appears to be the most important, going by the name alone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.