• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Are they following a theme of 'life being based around pests' for the Ultra Beasts?

I mean, UB-01 is based on Jellyfish, UB-02 Beauty seems based around Cockroach, while UB-02 Expansion seems based around Mosquito.

And Jellyfish, Cockroach and Mosquito are commonly considered as pests.

Last edited:

MartiniTheDratini

Just because Gladion isn't buff, doesn't mean he can't be that Expansion Ultra Beast. Remember, the description on the Pokemon website says that Gladion places high value in the strength of Pokemon. So clearly, the Ultra Beast that seems to be all about strength, would be Gladion or at least connected to Gladion. And as others have mentioned, he also shares a color scheme with Gladion.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Honestly speaking, based on Lillie's and Lusamine's designs, UB-01 and UB-02 Beauty fits them perfectly well. For UB-02 expansion, the color scheme fits Gladion. But, have to say I prefer Beauty much more compared to Expansion and glad it appears in Moon.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Cutty

Forever now
So either UB-02 Beauty is married to UB-02 Expansion or they're siblings xD

I don't think they're pokemon. Must be invaders of some kind from another dimension.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
So, if they do turn out to be pokemon/catchable, I might actually use UB-02 Beauty, even though I generally don't like overly humanoid 'mons. I like its style. UB-02 Expansion, however... will never see they light of day and will remain obediantly in its living dex box.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I love the color and design of UB expansion. Gotta go back to the main site to see that image of tapu koko fighting it. I missed it completely...

MartiniTheDratini

Man, I sincerely hope these Ultra Beasts aren't able to be captured. I mean, we'll no doubt get to know Lusamine, Lillie, and Gladion very well throughout the story before we find out they're Ultra Beasts, and it's just gonna feel weird capturing them. This is of course assuming that they are in fact Ultra Beasts, of course. It's still possible that the Ultra Beasts are actually their respective "partners" and have just taken on their appearance and personality.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Honestly, I still doubt Lillie/Lusamine/Gladios are UBs. I think they were just created using their DNA.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Are they following a theme of 'life being based around pests' for the Ultra Beasts?

I mean, UB-01 is based on Jellyfish, UB-02 Beauty seems based around Cockroach, while UB-02 Expansion seems based around Mosquito.

And Jellyfish, Cockroach and Mosquito are commonly considered as pests.

This was my observation as well.

The concept are actually interesting choices.
Especially for a cockroach to be labeled with "Beauty".

ABC595

Well what if UB02-expansion is its night time form... So in the day it's beauty and in the night its expansion... And then you never see Lusamine in the night because UB02 has changed form...

I've got to admit I was highly dubious of the Lillie is UB01 but now we have UB02 I'm buying it more.

Soleli

The Lillie being UB-01 may actually have ground to stand on. If i am being honest i think Ultra Beast are one of the most strangest and most intriguing parts of Sun/Moon

Aetius

Holy moly! That isn't an UB! That's a mosquito on steroids! LOL
Jokes aside, the new UBs, namely UB-02 Beauty and UB-02 Expansion, look more threatening than UB-01!
If they can rival with a legendary's power, no wonder they're feared.
As for their apperance, there's something that I want to say.
I doubt that Lusamine, Lillie and Gladion (?) are UB though...
I think that the similarity is just a coincidence or maybe a reference to something important in the games' plot.

Soleli

No doubt the similarities are more then a coincidence. Lillie/UB-01 you could argue but Lusamine/UB-02 look so similar.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
It is also entirely possible that they are actually trying to mislead us. And a lot of us are already falling for it.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
No doubt the similarities are more then a coincidence. Lillie/UB-01 you could argue but Lusamine/UB-02 look so similar.
It's more of an opposite thing for me. I can easily see Lillie and UB-01 having a relation, but... For some reason I just can't really see this UB-02 Beauty and Lusamine relation.

Creyk

It is also entirely possible that they are actually trying to mislead us. And a lot of us are already falling for it.

They never would do something like that. Remember their main demographic is 0-7 year olds.

sheld999

i just dont get a pokemon vibe from these new ones. im guessing they prob from space like deoxy or something on the lines

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
They never would do something like that. Remember their main demographic is 0-7 year olds.

Because they would never omit details to keep aspects of their games secret, even though they've done it before with mega mewtwo y calling it awakened form.

Status
Not open for further replies.