• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

chess-z

campy vampire
When I saw "Beauty" I immediately thought there was a connection to Lusamine, but then I read that it was Moon exclusive which made things stranger for me. Overall the ultra beasts designs are fantastic, and delightfully alien. They certainly added some 50s sci-fi to these concepts and I'm loving it.

Anthea

ub beauty looks glorious, like that aether foundation woman
I like ub expansions muscle definition.

I think the ultra beasts are the true forms and the human counterparts are just for show. They are aliens who came to Alola to spread their agenda.

Last edited:

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
Saw someone brought this up on Smogon, so I decided to bring it up here as well.

Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon, or least not proven to be Pokemon yet, either because they're man-made, from another dimension, or aliens. However, consider these Pokemon...

1. Arceus, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia can be argued to come from another dimension. Is it possible to say, like, Arceus exists in its own dimension and created several other universes/dimensions, the ones where people and Pokemon live in, and then it created Palkia, Diagla, and Giratina before sending them to each of those created universes, thus arguing that those three do indeed come from another dimension?

2. The Porygon line and Type: Null are man-made.

3. Deoxys is an alien.

If they are still considered Pokemon, then what's stopping the Ultra Beasts from becoming Pokemon after people find out more about them?

Your thoughts?

Multiverse/multidimensional theory is the most plausible. At least more plausible than aliens.

Considering that the Pokemon universe, or at the very least "Sinnoh" came into existence due to the hatching/cracking of the cosmic egg which Arceus was born from. The cosmic egg or egg of creation is actually made up of a superset of fractal eggs, or other universes/dimensions. Therefore as Arceus came into existence and the Pokemon Universe with it, so did other universes/dimensions/planes of existence.

Conquering Storm

Driver of the Aegis
Okay, UB-02 Beauty's similarity to Lusamine has made me significantly more amenable to the idea that the Ultra Beasts are transformed humans. On the other hand, I still have significant doubts. A large part of this is that Beauty is apparently a Moon exclusive, and I don't think that the transformed version of a character as important to the plot as Lusamine is shaping up to be would be a version-exclusive.

On the other other hand, I don't think it's so far-fetched anymore that the UBs may have connections to humans. I can't deny the 02 Beauty/Lusamine resemblance, and now that I've thought about it more, 01 does resemble Lillie more than I initially thought (though I maintain that it looks more like a jellyfish than a girl). I don't know what the connection might be, but it's just as likely as not that there is one. Of course, Game Freak likes their red herrings, so...

Also, I agree that Ultra Beasts should not be catchable. Some of Pokémon's mystique vanishes when you consider that Arceus, the creator of the universe, can be captured and commanded by a ten/twelve-year-old kid. True, there have been good arguments against this viewpoint on this thread, but that doesn't change the surface picture. Ultra Beasts look like they're going to be bringing back that mystique, and that'd be diminished if they're catchable. And in any case, it's practically been confirmed that UBs aren't Pokémon, and if they're not Pokémon, why should they be catchable?

I'm hoping that they are a pokemon/human fusion, either reversible or not. I'm also hoping that the Aether Foundation are behind it.

Anthea

Ultra beasts remind me of mewtwo

They are Pokemon esque but with a big brain, and maybe they can command other Pokemon as well as battle on their own.

The ultra beasts battling tapu koko means they are probably on the evil side as tapu is no doubt on the protags good side/made to be a guardian by the professor etc

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Saw someone brought this up on Smogon, so I decided to bring it up here as well.

Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon, or least not proven to be Pokemon yet, either because they're man-made, from another dimension, or aliens. However, consider these Pokemon...

1. Arceus, Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia can be argued to come from another dimension. Is it possible to say, like, Arceus exists in its own dimension and created several other universes/dimensions, the ones where people and Pokemon live in, and then it created Palkia, Diagla, and Giratina before sending them to each of those created universes, thus arguing that those three do indeed come from another dimension?

2. The Porygon line and Type: Null are man-made.

3. Deoxys is an alien.

If they are still considered Pokemon, then what's stopping the Ultra Beasts from becoming Pokemon after people find out more about them?

Your thoughts?
Basically to be a pokemon it seems they have to have all the following:

1. Some level of sapience (mere sentience isn't enough).
2. Learn pokemon attacks.
3. Have at least one typing.

If the Ultra Beasts lack any one of those traits then they could be in-universe defined as not pokemon.

Also, Type: Null was made from the bodies/genes of other pokemon, so it easily counts as a pokemon. The Porygon line though have always been mysteries, as it isn't explained how they can even manifest physically in the real world, let alone eat regular food and sleep.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Hmm, if the synchronization thing like Ash Greninja appears in the games, maybe the Ultra Beats are some new kind of creatures that are a fusion of human and Pokémon DNA, making them a hybrid between Mewtwo and this new concept

LoveMcQueen5683

I'm officially onboard with ultra beaats not being Pokemon. Its too weird of a concept. I'm hoping they are just bosses for the plotline,

Akwakwak

I'm hungry
I feel as if the portal hints towards a different plane of existence. Although it could be an alternate universe

Yes.

Also notice the third eye on both legendaries, in the trailer they were seen traversing or going through the portal.

Astral-projection/opening the third eye/chakra alignment.

Chakras are associated with the colors of the rainbow.

Also Z-move dances are similar to yoga/tai chi.

My theory is that the legendaries are needed to open the grand/stellar portal and that they can traverse said portal.

Last edited:

Game2016

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Assuming Ultra Beasts are not catchable, the final boss should be an Ultra Beast, one that is massive, monstrous, and intimidating. Make it as eldritch-looking as possible! Something that looks like it can destroy the universe! That'll make it the greatest final boss in Pokemon history!

Anyone agree?

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
The ultra beasts battling tapu koko means they are probably on the evil side as tapu is no doubt on the protags good side/made to be a guardian by the professor etc
Yeah. I'm guessing this as well and I'm betting that the guardians are going to be unable to defeat them and that's were Solgaleo and Lulana are going to come handy. The last trailer even show them running/flying towards what seems to be a portal to another dimension(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.