1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Ah, didn't see that part.

Hm, wonder what its name will be then...

2. knightwolf09

knightwolf09 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's because he's a chuuni

3. Lykouros

Lykouros Wheel of Time fan

I've heard you mention this before; what is it about him that makes you believe he thinks he has special powers?

4. knightwolf09

Well like most youths, he could just think it makes him look cool...That's it. Considering that he also is hanging out with the "cool group" that is team skull, I can see why he wants to make a cool persona for himself.

5. Sabre_King

Sabre_King Well-Known Member

The new ultra beasts look very interesting, I am happy I am getting both versions of the game because I really want to train both of them. But its strange how some of the ultra beasts are starting to mirror some of the characters in the game. I wonder if there is a relationship between the characters and the ultra beasts that will be explained in the game.

6. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

I feel like I've seen that exact same of "UNCONTROLLABLE POWER!!!!! IN MY HAND....!!!" thing in chunni characters elsewhere, too. Dangan Ronpa 2 had a chunni that did it for example

7. Akwakwak

Akwakwak I'm hungry

THE Owain and his sword hand.

8. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

I can't be the only one who noticed a faint resemblance between Lusamire and UB-02 Beauty, much like the resemblance between UB-01 and Lillie. That just leaves the potential Gladion UB counterpart, which is possibly UB-02 Expansion. I'm still wondering, though, if Lillie may be a hybrid of some sort. It would be an interesting twist to the Ultra Beast storyline and would make her both more alien and also not quite as alien as if she were a pure Ultra Beast.

9. Divine Retribution

Divine Retribution Master of the freak show

There's quite a bit of speculation that the Ultra Beasts are the characters they resemble, but there's no evidence for this yet. On the other hand I still maintain that it's unlikely they will be catchable Pokemon, and this newest batch of Ultra Beasts only reinforces that for me. UB02 Expansion in particular, as its blurb describes it as a "deadly weapon". Then again I suppose the same could be said about Mewtwo or Genesect, and UB02 - Beauty's ability to make Pokemon lose the will to fight is something it shares with Azelf, albeit accomplished in a different manner. On the other hand this suggests that these Ultra Beasts are at least on par with legendary Pokemon and perhaps even more powerful, as they seem to be adaptable in a way that most Pokemon are not. This is perhaps why Type: Null was created, in order to make a Pokemon that could combat them in terms of adaptability.

EDIT:

It also just occurred to me that perhaps the Ultra Beasts ARE man-made, and Type: Null is a failed attempt to make one. This is maybe why it was dubbed "nothing" and cast aside, and perhaps why it ended up in the hands of a young street thug. A rejected science project and a social reject paired together. It seems almost poetic in a S.E. Hinton meets Frankenstein kind of way.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  10. U.N. Owen

U.N. Owen In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Perhaps the Ultra Beasts were formless Ditto-like creatures until they modeled themselves after the first person they saw upon creation.

11. PokeAJ

PokeAJ Well-Known Member

With the corocoro leaks I must say that these may officially be the most "out there" and bizarre things GF has ever done with the games.

12. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

So will Ultra Beasts even have a type and weakness? Or levels?

13. Anthea

Anthea Well-Known Member

anyone wonder what the next ub will resemble? we have one jelly fish and two insects. maybe a virus? protozoa? infact maybe the jelly fish is a huge bacterial cell with the tendrils being cilia. ub expansion could be malaria linked aka virus. ub beauty could be ... iunno

14. knightwolf09

Betcha the next one looks like Guzma and is a spider looking thing.

15. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

I really hope not. One taking after (and/or being) Lillie, fine. Lusamine, sure. But I would rather important characters being the inspiration for or actually being trans-dimensional beings in disguise not be a common trend.

16. knightwolf09

You ever think the ultra beasts are people from an alternate dimension? Hence the resemblance? I'd say Guzma is an important character.

17. Akashin

Akashin Well-Known Member

What? When did I say that Guzma wasn't important?

And I suppose that's a possibility. It seems like a can of worms that I doubt they'd get into, but it's possible.

18. PrinceOfFacade

PrinceOfFacade Ghost-Type Master

I'm sure others have made this point, but I'd like to discuss it.

Could it be possible that the Ultra Beasts are not pokemon, but in fact mutations of members of the Aether Foundation? Members could splicing pokemon DNA with their own in an attempt to turn themselves into power pokemon.

For example, UB-02 Beauty could be a combination of Lusamine, Florges, and Leavanny. UB-01 could be a combination of Lillie (likely kidnapped), Jellicent, and Chandelure.

19. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Would that mean there'd be one of us?!

'Tinfoil hat'

20. knightwolf09

Oh, I guess I misread what you meant you brought up you wanted important characters as inspiration after I bought up Guzma. I wouldn't say they wouldn't go deep in this. They're very deep in it already.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.