• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroBR

Have you all watched the episode 9 of Pokémon Generations?

[Spoiler alert, just in case, even though the video is like 4 minutes long and it's been out for almost a week]

In the end of the episode, as Gabby (I believe that's her name) runs away with the copy of the M-Ray x Deoxys footage, the Scientist says something like: "The world isn't ready to know about this yet".

Of course, he could just mean "alien Pokémon", but that wouldn't make much sense, since it's pretty much common sense that Clefairies came from the moon, for example. Damn, it's even in the Dex description.
There are also those Stonehenge things from Unova, I believe they have some other-wordly relation as well.

That being said, am I going too far by thinking this might have some relation with the UBs?

Bus

[Spoiler alert, just in case, even though the video is like 4 minutes long and it's been out for almost a week]

In the end of the episode, as Gabby (I believe that's her name) runs away with the copy of the M-Ray x Deoxys footage, the Scientist says something like: "The world isn't ready to know about this yet".

Of course, he could just mean "alien Pokémon", but that wouldn't make much sense, since it's pretty much common sense that Clefairies came from the moon, for example. Damn, it's even in the Dex description.
There are also those Stonehenge things from Unova, I believe they have some other-wordly relation as well.

That being said, am I going too far by thinking this might have some relation with the UBs?

Who knows...Deoxys may be retroactively classified as an Ultra Beast; just one that we know of now.

HydroBR

Who knows...Deoxys may be retroactively classified as an Ultra Beast; just one that we know of now.

Yeah, they could be in the same category. Or maybe the UBs didn't want to or weren't capable of going to the Pokémon World just yet, so they created Deoxys and sent it as a "scout".
The possibilities are endless. 2 weeks feel like a year.

Sakuraba

Fun fact: No Pokedex entry for Clefairy or Clefable mentions anything about it being from space. They mostly talk about it's relationship with the moon and it's rareness. Cleffa is the only one that mentions it. Even then, it says that "People believe it has come from a meteor." AKA that's just a theory, not a fact.

That means that, as of November 2016, Deoxys is the only Pokémon that is known to have come from space.

Gizmoa

Fun fact: No Pokedex entry for Clefairy or Clefable mentions anything about it being from space. They mostly talk about it's relationship with the moon and it's rareness. Cleffa is the only one that mentions it. Even then, it says that "People believe it has come from a meteor." AKA that's just a theory, not a fact.

That means that, as of November 2016, Deoxys is the only Pokémon that is known to have come from space.

I think it's safe to say that a lot of what the pokedex says is not actual fact, but rather legends since it has a tendency to break the laws of physics and reality as actually defined within the game itself. I like to think the entry is what your own character scribbled down, or perhaps the first person in the area to record it jotted in next to the photo.

The real world has a yearly/lifetime event/game just like filling the pokedex, but involves seeing and/or photographing species of birds. You can try to get all the birds on film in your country/state/continent etc in a set amount of time, or just have to see them and check them off, or go for a lifetime record. They make devices and books just for logging in too and usually they have a little spot to jot a note about the one you saw.... very pokedex like.

Bus

I think it's safe to say that a lot of what the pokedex says is not actual fact, but rather legends since it has a tendency to break the laws of physics and reality as actually defined within the game itself. I like to think the entry is what your own character scribbled down, or perhaps the first person in the area to record it jotted in next to the photo.

The real world has a yearly/lifetime event/game just like filling the pokedex, but involves seeing and/or photographing species of birds. You can try to get all the birds on film in your country/state/continent etc in a set amount of time, or just have to see them and check them off, or go for a lifetime record. They make devices and books just for logging in too and usually they have a little spot to jot a note about the one you saw.... very pokedex like.

That may be true considering how utterly horrifying half of the ghost pokemon lines say for their pokedex. In all honesty, if what the dex entries say were true about pokemon like Yamask & Litwik, nobody in their right mind would actually train them or let them anywhere near society. Heck, half of the poké kingdom would probably be ostracized and deemed too dangerous to actually be used by trainers.

Exceed

o m e g a
At first I was like 'gosh I really hope UBs aren't capturable, that would completely ruin them being these extremely power hyper-dimensional beings'; but then I remembered 'hey Arceus, the god Pokémon can be caught with a POKEBALL', and now I really don't mind UBs being caught at all. Some of them has some seriously amazing designs from my POV.

Orphalesion

That may be true considering how utterly horrifying half of the ghost pokemon lines say for their pokedex. In all honesty, if what the dex entries say were true about pokemon like Yamask & Litwik, nobody in their right mind would actually train them or let them anywhere near society. Heck, half of the poké kingdom would probably be ostracized and deemed too dangerous to actually be used by trainers.

There's also the little fact that we can hatch Yamasks from eggs which definitely are not the souls of dead humans carrying their own death masks. With Ghost pokemon in particular the approach of "they are eerie entities and people made up legends about them" makes much more sense than any alternative.
Plus there seem to be actual ghosts in the Pokemon world, like the Ghost Girls and Cubone's Mother.

HydroBR

Damn, I was so sure I read a Dex entry confirming that theory, but you're right... checked now, and Elgyem's also speaks only of rumors of its appearance on a supposed UFO crash site.
Nevermind, then. Most likely an alien Pokémon is surprising enough to be kept a secret.

There's also the little fact that we can hatch Yamasks from eggs which definitely are not the souls of dead humans carrying their own death masks. With Ghost pokemon in particular the approach of "they are eerie entities and people made up legends about them" makes much more sense than any alternative.
Plus there seem to be actual ghosts in the Pokemon world, like the Ghost Girls and Cubone's Mother.

True. And as it's been discussed in other threads, Ghost Pokémons are more commonly associated with shadows than with actual dead stuff.

However, the fact that they come from eggs not necessarily discards a different origin, at least for the first specimens. I mean, haunted objects like Honedge hatch from eggs. They might have originated from an actual sword that was possessed, but turned into a life form of its own.

Anyway, we're thinking too deeply, maybe even more than GF itself does. Also, going off-topic haha.

Last edited:

Sakuraba

Damn, I was so sure I read a Dex entry confirming that theory, but you're right... checked now, and Elgyem's also speaks only of rumors of its appearance on a supposed UFO crash site.
Nevermind, then. Most likely an alien Pokémon is surprising enough to be kept a secret.

I actually forgot to double-check Elgyem and Beheeyem. They are a little more concrete, but still just rumors and theories.

True. And as it's been discussed in other threads, Ghost Pokémons are more commonly associated with shadows than with actual dead stuff.

However, the fact that they come from eggs not necessarily discards a different origin, at least for the first specimens. I mean, haunted objects like Honedge hatch from eggs. They might have originated from an actual sword that was possessed, but turned into a life form of its own.

Anyway, we're thinking too deeply, maybe even more than GF itself does. Also, going off-topic haha.

Well.... That's the fun part, isn't it?

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Interesting theory.

It does sound like UB came from somewhere other then the Pokemon world.
If they were created by humans then how would they explain Type: Null since it's originally classified as a Pokemon.

Unless they're like an enhanced version of them but it doesn't seem likely to happen.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
At first I was like 'gosh I really hope UBs aren't capturable, that would completely ruin them being these extremely power hyper-dimensional beings'; but then I remembered 'hey Arceus, the god Pokémon can be caught with a POKEBALL', and now I really don't mind UBs being caught at all. Some of them has some seriously amazing designs from my POV.

Technically speaking, you can't capture Arceus. Because the Azure Flute was never released, you are only able to obtain Arceus by being directly given it

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Technically speaking, you can't capture Arceus. Because the Azure Flute was never released, you are only able to obtain Arceus by being directly given it

Which sucks quite frankly.
If they actually do DP remakes at some point, I kinda hope they let the Azure flute be post-game content in a Episode Delta way
We actually haven't had a battleable event since Victini. I miss having to earn our events instead of just receiving them

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Which sucks quite frankly.
If they actually do DP remakes at some point, I kinda hope they let the Azure flute be post-game content in a Episode Delta way
We actually haven't had a battleable event since Victini. I miss having to earn our events instead of just receiving them

New generations of kids become more and more lazy, it's not GF's fault for going that route to get more money since those are their main customers. Heck, I would love to battle Event Pokémon once again.

And if they do DP remakes, they better give Arceus the form he truly deserves or I will riot. A God can not be less powerful than a Mega Legendary or Primal Reversion, it's unforgivable

New generations of kids become more and more lazy, it's not GF's fault for going that route to get more money since those are their main customers. Heck, I would love to battle Event Pokémon once again.

And if they do DP remakes, they better give Arceus the form he truly deserves or I will riot. A God can not be less powerful than a Mega Legendary or Primal Reversion, it's unforgivable

I'm tired of the "kids are getting lazier" argument.

Bus

You have to admit that there IS a lot more hand-holding in games now, though.

EDIT: Its not just here either, now that I think about it. Sometimes its subtle things; like from how easy it is to grind (like the change made to EXP share), to rock-stupid AI. As far as Pokemon goes, though, I'm not sure where it began, but at least as far back as generation 5, there is always a pokemon that is super effective against the current gym in the grass right outside that gym's town. Hell, in Black/White, they GIVE you the elemental monkey that is guaranteed strong against the gym leader's chosen pokemon!

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

It's not so much an argument when it's GameFreak fully admitting to it. Just read up on why they chose to not have the Battle Frontier anymore, and why you can pause your challenge in the Battle Maison.

Again, not an argument, it's confirmed.

gliscor&yanmega

You have to admit that there IS a lot more hand-holding in games now, though.

EDIT: Its not just here either, now that I think about it. Sometimes its subtle things; like from how easy it is to grind (like the change made to EXP share), to rock-stupid AI. As far as Pokemon goes, though, I'm not sure where it began, but at least as far back as generation 5, there is always a pokemon that is super effective against the current gym in the grass right outside that gym's town. Hell, in Black/White, they GIVE you the elemental monkey that is guaranteed strong against the gym leader's chosen pokemon!

All of the games had cases of having a Pokemon nearby to use for early Gyms to use an advantage if you chose to use it. In the case of B/W, it was an optional gift like always and it wasn't going to win the battle for you since it was underleveled and unless you wanted to grind for a few hours you'd have to try and use whatever you got up to that point to win, the Striaton Gym was pretty difficult due to the restriction compared to most other early Gyms.

Bus

All of the games had cases of having a Pokemon nearby to use for early Gyms to use an advantage if you chose to use it. In the case of B/W, it was an optional gift like always and it wasn't going to win the battle for you since it was underleveled and unless you wanted to grind for a few hours you'd have to try and use whatever you got up to that point to win, the Striaton Gym was pretty difficult due to the restriction compared to most other early Gyms.

I dont know man, a few hours? I took that monkey, leveled it twice...maybe 3 levels (which at that early a point in the game only takes about 20 minutes) and it wrecks the gym when thrown out at the right time.

Status
Not open for further replies.