• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl94

Question about UB-01 in the story:
Has anyone fainted UB-01 during the first encounter at Aether Foundation, and then been able to catch it later? Going by YouTube, it seems to just flee for most people, but in either case the subsequent cutscene (where UB-01 disappears and Lusamine says she still needs it) is the same.

Yes. I made it faint in 2 turns and it didn't affect anything later.

cl94

In the Ultra Realm, there are multiple UB-01s, so the one you catch later on could be one of those.

L. Lawliet

Black Ice Trainer
I have a theory for those of you in post game...

i have a theory here. You know how it is claimed by looker in the post game hat those who get stuck in Ultra space end up coming back into reality with amnesia? Well, I believe after the UB quest he goes in and gets lost, then ends up in Hoenn ORAS. ]

idk how to spoiler so sorry if this doesnt show up

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Also seen that they could be made in reference of the seven deadly sins, which I can get behind.

Nihilego: Envy, Nihilego is a parasite, taking control of it's victims, this can relate to envy in the sense Nihilego is envious of it's victims and pretends to be them.
Buzzwole: Pride, Buzzwole is constantly described as boasting it's musculature and strength, taking pride in itself.
Pheromosa: Lust, Pheromosa is said to attract Pokemon regardless of their gender, making other Pokemon lust after it, but dumbed down for the PG.
Xurkitree: Greed, it's moon dex entry says it raided a power plant resulting in people thinking it energizes itself with electricity, so it's greedy for electricity.
Celesteela: Wrath, it's moon dex entry says it was witnessed burning down an entire forest by expelling gas from it's arms, expelling wrath on the land.
Kartana: Sloth, it's sun dex entry says it doesn't attack on it's own but it's sharp body acts as a weapon, it doesn't care to attack so it's lazy in that sense, since it's sharp body will do the job.
Guzzlord: Glutton, the most obvious one, it's UB name even gives it to us! UB-Glutton. It's dex entries say it eats anything and everything and doesn't even leave waste behind.

Buzzwole is Satan?

Red and Blue

So I'm doing the ultra beast post game story and found out that UB-01 is part poison. Does this count as the first poison type legendary?

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So I'm doing the ultra beast post game story and found out that UB-01 is part poison. Does this count as the first poison type legendary?

Technically.

Because they are just fancy legendaries.

cl94

They basically are legendaries that must be caught. Other than UB-05, all have insanely high catch rates. I was able to catch a couple with full health after paralysis. UB-05 was the only one that gave me a typical legendary challenge.

cl94

By quite a bit:

2 mascots
4 Tapus
7 ultra beasts
Necrozma

That's 14. If we count Cosmog and Cosmoem (as the Dex does), it goes up to 16, not including Magneara (technically a mythical). No previous generation had more than 9.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I don't like how they'll send you on this quest to catch 4 of the same damn Ultra Beast, then have the nerve to only give you 10 for that mission. I know these balls are rare and take time but ya gotta be more prepared than this.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Are you on Sun or Moon? Sun at least has that happen at the fourth mission when you can have alot more leftover beast balls.

Sun.

So maybe I do have it a little better, but even still.

cl94

I accidentally threw a beast ball at one of the 4 after Thunder Wave and with full health. It caught it. Both of the UBs that require you to catch 4 have maxed-out catch rates.

Vale_Star

Shiny Huntress
I still have Beast Balls left and I thought the Necrozma was one so I wasted like 15 BB's on it till I caught it with my ninth Timer Ball. Oh well live and learn for when I play Moon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I have like 30-ish Beast Balls left. The only real problem I had was was Guzzlord.

Ha, same here.
I gave up and used my master ball on him as his Thrash kept one shotting everyone and Confusion just didn't seem to activate for him.

nuffsed

Can't find Xurkitree

Someone please help me out here.
I'm up to where you need to catch Xurkitree, (I'm playing Sun btw) and for some reason even though I've battled the fairy captain and won and when I ask Looker for information about the mission he tells me to go to the Forrest and the Memorial, Xurkitree isn't spawning. My understanding is that the Ultra Beasts are guaranteed to appear during to mission as has happened so far, so if Xurkitree is different or I'm just stupidly lucky to get all 3 so far first try let me know. I haven't used any hacks of any kind and I haven't done any risky online trades that could bring in corrupted Pokemon so idk what is happening but it is preventing me from progressing.
Pls help b0ss
Also idk how spoilers work sorry if it doesn't show

Someone please help me out here.
I'm up to where you need to catch Xurkitree, (I'm playing Sun btw) and for some reason even though I've battled the fairy captain and won and when I ask Looker for information about the mission he tells me to go to the Forrest and the Memorial, Xurkitree isn't spawning. My understanding is that the Ultra Beasts are guaranteed to appear during to mission as has happened so far, so if Xurkitree is different or I'm just stupidly lucky to get all 3 so far first try let me know. I haven't used any hacks of any kind and I haven't done any risky online trades that could bring in corrupted Pokemon so idk what is happening but it is preventing me from progressing.
Pls help b0ss
Also idk how spoilers work sorry if it doesn't show

Though this might not be the best place to ask questions, you might just be searching in the wrong place. Since the two beasts before it are found in caves which have random encounters, you actually have to look in the grass to find Xurkitree, you'll know it's at the location because of the music change

I don't like how they'll send you on this quest to catch 4 of the same damn Ultra Beast, then have the nerve to only give you 10 for that mission. I know these balls are rare and take time but ya gotta be more prepared than this.

I would think giving funding of 10 million dollars to an 11 year old would be pretty hard to justify in the first place, let alone 50 million.

Last edited:

shadowF

I wonder which Ultra best will be good for competitive battling?

Status
Not open for further replies.