1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by Endless, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

That's actually not entirely true. Pokérus is described as being a microscopic life-form.

2. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

OK, besides microscopic organisms, plants and humans everything that lives is a Pokemon in the main game

3. mew 2000

mew 2000 Shiny Celebi

So what pokerus is a pokemon? Dun DUn DuN.

Then again deoxys is a cirus that was hit by a laser, so what if we hit pokerus with a laser? o_O

4. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

The fact that it is specifically referred to as a life-form instead of a Pokémon implies to me that it is not a Pokémon, but I suppose the possibility is there.

5. Pyrax

Pyrax The Ghost of Tsushima

I'm curious how future games will handle UBs, especially next gen when we inevitably have to obtain them again. You can only do the "mysterious aliens from another world appear!" plotline so many times before it gets stale.

Don't be so sure. Humans could very well be a species of highly advanced Pokémon, for all we know.

6. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

I can see the whole "worlds" thing tie in with remakes of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl and Sun and Moon. The Ultra Space could be related to the Distortion World where Giratina is from. The possibilities are endless.

7. Bguy7

Bguy7 The Dragon Lord

I don't think we'll see a direct relation between Ultra Space and the Distortion World, but I could easily see them using some sort of over-arching alternate dimension plot to tie the two sets of games together, just like Gen VI did with its games and the over-arching Mega Evolution plot.

8. Wednesdayz

Wednesdayz Banned

I always saw Ultra Space as its own unique dimension where Ultra Beasts descend from, not as a continuation of the Distortion World.

9. Deadeye

Deadeye H(a)unting...

The topic has been inactive for a while, but... let's raise it from death for a bit.

I agree on thinking that Distortion World and Ultra Space would be separate but they may collide possibly another way than just ultra wormholes, sometimes I prefer thinking of it as in currents in an ocean; various types of fish live in the ocean but some types are affected by currents that others miss and others may even jump above the surface for their reasons, yet they all are able to live in those waters. Would you see possibility that Dialga, Palkia and Girantina were able to travel into these realms just as naturally as Solgaleo and Lunala though?

Sometimes I wondered what would happen if Ultra Beast(s) met Deoxys because their origins sure are different but both are outsiders to common Pokemon world.

10. RedJirachi

RedJirachi Veteran member

Well yeah, the Distortion World has different laws of physics there

11. Leonhart

Leonhart Imagineer

I haven't used Akuziking (Guzzlord) in either Sun or Moon, but it's my favorite Ultra Beast based simply on design. I'd say that Denjyumoku (Xurkitree) is a close second, and I have used one of those in my games as my main Electric-type.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.