• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ultra beasts sounds like a neat idea. I wonder if they are actually pokemon or something else like dark matter in super mystery dungeon =)

They are Pokemon, don't drift too far out on us and start dreaming.
It just falls under more man made creation. It kinda rolls the same way as Mewtwo does.

I appreciate you giving me this link but it doesn't really explain much.
It only shows that Lillie watches the battle. She might get a Pokemon later on.

The thing inside her bag though maybe a Pokemon which brings up the relation between Ultra Beasts and Pokemon. It sounds like UB are a threat to Pokemon so her having one sounds contradicting. Unless she's a peaceful type.

Thanks anyway
Ultra Beasts again are just man made Pokemon.

It's essentially fusing genetics, and then adding man made creations to them to fuse more power.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

The thing inside her bag though maybe a Pokemon which brings up the relation between Ultra Beasts and Pokemon. It sounds like UB are a threat to Pokemon so her having one sounds contradicting. Unless she's a peaceful type.

Thanks anyway
During the E3 gameplay they should have stated that Lillie isn't a Pokémon trainer.

They are Pokemon, don't drift too far out on us and start dreaming.
It just falls under more man made creation. It kinda rolls the same way as Mewtwo does.

Ultra Beasts again are just man made Pokemon.

It's essentially fusing genetics, and then adding man made creations to them to fuse more power.
They're not described as Pokémon, tho, not even listed under the Pokémon section of the site. Adding to this, they're hinted to be extraterrestrials.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
They're not described as Pokémon, tho, not even listed under the Pokémon section of the site. Adding to this, they're hinted to be extraterrestrials.

But we've had alien pokemon before. God is a freaking pokemon. The gods of space-time are pokemon. I honestly think these Ultra Beasts are somewhat lovecraftian in nature.

goodpeople25

Thanks anyway
Oh sorry, forgot to mention the line in question is spoken by the commentators (well translated from Japanese) so you need sound on. My mistake.

TTNH03

Pokemon Researcher
Oh sorry, forgot to mention the line in question is spoken by the commentators (well translated from Japanese) so you need sound on. My mistake.

Ok, I've just listened to it with sound and you're right. I'll take back my statement about her being a Pokemon trainer.
My other point of UB and still stands though.

On a different note, if UB is a Pokemon and Lillie is one, does that mean you can catch her?

Also it seems like the developers introduce UB-01 just for us to speculate on this. It could be a trap people!

slsanford01

What if they were the ancient celestial beings that gave birth to arceus/mew/humans...whatever...and they transcended time and space and live in their own dimensions. Since its the 20th year anniversary of pokemon, and all the alolan forms being callbacks of the first gieneration, i wouldnt be suprised to have a huge secret revelation that shattered the minds and hearts of pokemon trainers everywhere with ultra beasts, mega evolution, unown, mew...*hyperventilates*, ...yeah im definitely hyped

Aura Flare Riolu

Cutest Riolu around!
So Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon? Since there's so much focus on Gen 1 right now, what if they put MissingNo. in Sun and Moon and made it an Ultra Beast?! Probably not but who knows?

Thepowaofhax

So Ultra Beasts aren't Pokemon? Since there's so much focus on Gen 1 right now, what if they put MissingNo. in Sun and Moon and made it an Ultra Beast?! Probably not but who knows?

Why would they put Missingno. in as one, though? Missingno. is not even a Pokemon. It was a glitch in Gen 1.

shadowF

Does anyone think Gladion could be a ultra beast?

slsanford01

Why would they put Missingno. in as one, though? Missingno. is not even a Pokemon. It was a glitch in Gen 1.

Missingno was a "thing" introduced in gen 1, plus it had the power to crash your game...the Ultra beasts could just be another call back as "they threaten pokemon and humans"

Neither are they.

*shrugs*
I don't think you're really getting to the point to understanding.
They've pretty much said that Null is a man made creation, OK.
So was Mewtwo, they fall into the same category.
Either way we try to look at it, they've essentially got a lot of things in common with Pokemon, they're unique, and they also fit into the same category Mewtwo would.

With everyone sitting here assuming that Ultrabeasts aren't Pokemon you're throwing Mewtwo out the window.
Mewtwo was a forced Pokemon experiment, and he'd also be a tool for destruction in most ways.
Type null in theory is another type of creature by its design and recreational intentions, but in the same place he also fits into being a sort of Pokemon, maybe not a full Pokemon but in some ways, yes.

What if Null and UB 01 are experimentation done on pokemon done by the aether foundation? It would explain why they are a threat to the region.
That's pretty much the message I think that is being portrayed, yet everyone seems to be throwing that whole idea around and manipulating it.
I think, yes. The new Ultrabeasts are a form, just a form of Pokemon. Meant to be something that's in nature with a Pokemon but bound for destruction.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
What if Null and UB 01 are experimentation done on pokemon done by the aether foundation? It would explain why they are a threat to the region.

I figure it might have relation to the "Ultra Beasts". It would seemed Null is a "repurposed creation" with Frankenstein vibes that might make it a Team Skull Ploy. The UB-01 seems different.. and not a pokemon as far we know. But that description regarding a little girl seems like a big hint torwards Lillie, who a lot of people think might be related to Lusamine now. Which could explain an Aether Foundation connection.
At a guess UB-01 could be synthetic as well? Purely created to surpass the limits of Humans and Pokemon. But compared to other created pokemon it possess none of the heart (mewtwo), soul (magearna) or intellect (porygon/genesect) that makes them living. Hence why it isnt classed as a Pokemon, to what we know.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hmmm I'm not sure that I like this new Ultra Beasts concept in Sun and Moon. I think the newly revealed jellyfish creature looks interesting to say the least, tho I think it could've easily been a new pokemon instead of a different entity.

Fulisha Light

While this is highly unlikely, I hope that the UBs have some relation to glitch pokemon. Think about it. They're technically not pokemon, they don't have normal names, they look weird, unnatural and out-of-place in the game, and they're dangerous. Type: Null also has some Missingno.-vibe going on with its name. (I'd love the chance to be able to transfer my glitchmons in Yellow and see them come to life~ but it's most likely not the case... OTL)

I also have to wonder if the UBs were created concept-wise like that one old concept GF had about mythical pokemon; example being the "green dragon" that may be impossible to catch and is hard to find.

Julia Artemis

Another random thought. What if the Ultra Beasts have some connection to the guardians of the four islands? Also given that, I feel there will be four Ultra Beasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.