• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
The ultra beasts sounds like a neat idea. I wonder if they are actually pokemon or something else like dark matter in super mystery dungeon =)

Class Zero

We have arrived.
I wonder if they're all going to be made from the same type of material, but maybe take a different animal as inspiration.. :D

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
New name for what would otherwise be your standard garden variety Legendary Pokémon! I don't get NO HYPE!

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I'm still going to catch them all! ;D

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
So apperently, these are NOT pokemon, but mysterious entities and most likely threats. Oh boy, i'm starting to get Super Mystery Dungeon flashbacks...

08davise

I really hope they are something catchable- The fact that no type has been revealed and the fact that they are called beasts and have been refered to as a possible threat to pokemon makes me fear they might not be. It would just be such a shame to waste the design tbh. How many are there tho?? I mean if this one is called UB-01 it implies there are going to be 10+.

Dragon Pulse

They're essentially powerful monsters? Given that, Pokémon are indeed monsters too, but Ultra Beasts sound more monster-like. I wonder what their purpose is and why they were created, and if they have types like Pokémon do.

New name for what would otherwise be your standard garden variety Legendary Pokémon! I don't get NO HYPE!

Meh, it doesn't seem to be a Pokémon...

In the Alola region, rumors are flying about mysterious creatures known as Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.

It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts.

According to rumor, multiple Ultra Beasts exist, each of them called by a code name.

And, specifically on UB-01:

UB-01’s body is composed of a glass-like substance. However, it’s constantly changing shapes, never settling on one.

While evidence of something like a survival instinct can be observed in UB-01, no one knows whether it has a will of its own or any emotions. It’s said that, for some reason, its movements resemble those of a young girl.

Can't believe how quickly some people jumped on this thing being Lillie. Yes, while we thought she may be a Pokémon or have a Zygarde Core before...I don't see her being a being that seems to travel through a wormhole?! And, I mean, Lillie definitely seems to be Lusamine's daughter and Gladion's sister.

Unless Lusamine is actually an Ultra Beast too, intent on bringing her kind over from half way across the universe...but anyway, my initial thoughts would have been Zinnia or the Lumiose Ghost Girl.

Locormus

I really hope they are something catchable- The fact that no type has been revealed and the fact that they are called beasts and have been refered to as a possible threat to pokemon makes me fear they might not be. It would just be such a shame to waste the design tbh. How many are there tho?? I mean if this one is called UB-01 it implies there are going to be 10+.

There's going to be 40 in all. The Reddit-user RedRedWine confirmed it.

Saintzdragons

I'm curious to know how many of these ultra beasts they will be? Like this is clearly the start of a new type of creature that as stated are not Pokemon

08davise

Have you got a link? and with regards to the Lillie thing, it defo is somethign to do with her, if you look at its shape and the fact its described as acting like a young girl.

Locormus

.Aerodactyl.

So excited about what these will be used for, how they will effect plot and the overall universe...

I'm sure they won't be actually evil, only misunderstood. I think they must come from some alternate dimension or something... As in the Japanese trailer it seems to come from some kind of gate thing. Maybe two meeting dimensions are threatening to collapse the world (and that's why the ultra beasts come out. They themselves aren't harmful, but their ability to cross over is and the universes overlapping will destroy them both).

I hope they end up being catchable and usable like Pokémon. I think they either will be, or they will only be things we fight and might actually be "typeless" thus, their threat. Like nothing is super effective against it, perhaps they even resist everything...almost a void or null type. And that's why type: null was created, to mimic these other dimensional beings of bizarre typing that seem to have great power here. Only they couldn't actually create the "null" type.

Last edited:

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Assuming the player battles them at one point, and that they're aliens extra-dimensional beings summoned by Aether Foundation, I think it's a refreshing addition (to the main series) after 20 years of fighting humans and Pokémon.
I'm curious about how they'd tie into Solgaleo/Lunaala waking up and Team Skull. Lillie/UB-01 appears to be the most important, going by the name alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.