• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
No. RedRedWine confirmed that we'll be seeing Ultra beasts all the way up to UB-40.

What I meant, truly, was that a Reddit user shouldn't be used as "confirmation" for anything. Sure, some of these alleged leaks - especially those Chinese ones - seem to hold quite a bit of weight to them, but I wouldn't at all take it to the bank.

Though, I would like the number of them to be in that range, and it could certainly give the game a somewhat Yokai Watch feel, in my opinion.
Never mind.

He's been around for a long time...

You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now XD

.Aerodactyl.

Assuming the player battles them at one point, and that they're aliens extra-dimensional beings summoned by Aether Foundation, I think it's a refreshing addition (to the main series) after 20 years of fighting humans and Pokémon.
I'm curious about how they'd tie into Solgaleo/Lunaala waking up and Team Skull. Lillie/UB-01 appears to be the most important, going by the name alone.

I'm guessing that the legend is gone have to close the gates/defeat them?

The fact that UB-01 is said to act like a little girl (my guess is Lillie) I don't think they themselves will be evil on purpose... More like they won't understand their power or how this universe works/operates

Class Zero

We have arrived.

Creyk

Maybe pokemons from another planet? Lol. Technology is very advanced in the pokemon universe anyway they could make contact with life on other planets. Specially that they have access to lots of psychic pokemon to just teleport anyway so it's not like distance is an issue.

Anyway, these are really cool. I WANT to catch them. And we still have 38 more to see? Goodie! I'm very excited about these

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I wouldn't believe rumours or leaks so quickly. None of these leaks reveal anything about Type:Null, Ultra Beasts or Aether Foundation, for example.

TrottingMinccino

Can also jump!
Ohhh, NOW I see what you did there...haha!

Anywho, whatever these "Ultra Beasts" are, my first thought will be is that they're extremely dangerous unless i'm convinced otherwise. I do hope they aren't though, otherwise no one is safe...

(Then again, pokemon themselves aren't always the friendliest things out there...)

Saintzdragons

The official site confirms there more ultra beast this is what they say

A mysterious presence threatens the Alola region—Ultra Beasts!
In the Alola region, rumors are flying about mysterious creatures known as Ultra Beasts. Ultra Beasts possess mighty powers and could pose a threat to humans and Pokémon, so they are feared.

It appears that the Aether Foundation is also conducting research on these Ultra Beasts.

According to rumor, multiple Ultra Beasts exist, each of them called by a code name.

Lokinta

It's another unforseen gimmicky addition that I am eager to see how they blend it into this generation without everything feeling forced and scatterbrained. It seems like a thing which could plant itself on a Pokemon's head and perhaps wreak havoc. If it's not a true "pokemon" perhaps it is comparable to a virus, which might pick up dna / typing or life energy from its victim and can nullify it or move it to another. It's my immediate speculative thought while seeing the showercap + veil character design. Such jellies are really threatening encounters in marine activities, so it is kind of nice to see them getting represented by something special - more than the forseeable "another tentacool in the ocean.." encounters in which we get sick of that Pokemon.

I feel like Ultra Beats will be fought (giving us an excuse for more non-human bosses or bosses that aren't Pokémon with boosted stats and allies) and that they'll either lack types (making all Pokémon equally good/bad against them), be type less but have unique strengths and weaknesses (if UB-01is glass-like, maybe give it weaknesses to fighting, Steel, rock and resistances to stuff like Fairy and Electric (light) or that they do have types but it's not being revealed yet.

.Aerodactyl.

Maybe pokemons from another planet? Lol. Technology is very advanced in the pokemon universe anyway they could make contact with life on other planets. Specially that they have access to lots of psychic pokemon to just teleport anyway so it's not like distance is an issue.

Anyway, these are really cool. I WANT to catch them. And we still have 38 more to see? Goodie! I'm very excited about these

You know what? I actually almost like this better than the "alternate universe" theory...I think it makes more sense. Considering the games are "Sun" and "Moon" space, planets, etc... It would also explain why the legends are more important to the plot and how they'd have any power to stop them. They represent the sun and Moon, celestial beings. Maybe the Ultra beasts are FROM the sun and/or moon... Clearable is supposed to be from the moon after all.

Either way, these games feel SO different in a good way. For the first time, I'm real considering buying both versions just to be able to replay the game and experience bother versions. I can keep one as my main and the other to play again and again.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I'm hoping they end up saying something like "They function just like pokemon, must the other dimension's equivalent!".

And then we can just catch them.

Xuxuba

So they are basically the kaimas from yokai watch 2.... Strong creatures that can only be battled and not captured.

I feel like this generation is getting a lot of "inspiration" from yokai watch.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
The official site says UB-01 has the movements of a little girl and it resembles Lillie. If Ultra Beasts are Pokemon that can turn into humans and vice-versa then this opens up an insane door of possibilities.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Seeing as Lusamine says "Even Pokemon from distant worlds, far from the Alola region" maybe the Ultra Beasts are actually Pokemon..

Status
Not open for further replies.