• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ultra Beasts Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I don't think Lilie will be a UB, as it hasn't stated that they can be in the form of a human, so I'll just put that theory on hold until we know more about them imo.

I can see Marshadow's unique typing to be an actual type that is part of the UB's typing and that's why it's unique. I swear Marshadow will be a mix of UB and pokemon, making it unique even from the UB.
Seems like maybe the UB are something that are created in another world when they synthesize life in this universe.
Got that idea from kingdom hearts with nobodies and heartless. Marshadow could then be the ultimate mix of the UB and the synthetic pokemon.

Also catching them wouldn't make sense if they're not pokemon, because as far as i know, pokeballs also don't work on humans because theyre not pokemon. So they'd almost have to make a new contraption just to capture these... which might bring us back to the history of pokemon and how they were first captured before pokeballs :eek:

I really want to learn more :D

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

Not sure how I am liking this "synthetic" theme going on. You'd think in a lush island region, everything would be about nature and natural things. I've been kind of fed up with Pokemon, especially mythic and legendary ones, that essentially look like robots...

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Not sure how I am liking this "synthetic" theme going on. You'd think in a lush island region, everything would be about nature and natural things.
Well, I think the contrast between nature and human interference is kind of the main point of it.

ABC595

Is there any pokemon that doesn't have any sort of eye in their design? I can't currently think of any, but I might just have a bad memory. Because then this Ultra Beast would be the only thing without eyes, which would set it apart if it really isn't an actual pokemon. It's the first thing I noticed about it.
I thought it had eyes in its front tentacles...

Gizmoa

Not sure how I am liking this "synthetic" theme going on. You'd think in a lush island region, everything would be about nature and natural things. I've been kind of fed up with Pokemon, especially mythic and legendary ones, that essentially look like robots...

I think that is the point. The conflict between nature and man made and the questions around how much tinkering with nature is too much tinkering? Is it about how much, or about with how much related to how much is understood, or by intent? Does having the power to do something mean it should be done? How do you make that call? Where do you draw/cross the line and can you even create clear cut a line in the first place?

goodpeople25

There's plenty of the nature and natural things theme. It's all over the region, there's just more than just that in The evil team plot.

There's plenty of the nature and natural things theme. It's all over the region, there's just more than just that in The evil team plot.

But it seens we got 2 evil teams this time... (in the japanese trailer, the leader of Aether Foundations is beside the protagonist and Hao when UB-01 apears. )

goodpeople25

Uh I was just using a generic term for the part of the plot in pokemon games were the evil team or teams is involved. Plus I prefer not to make assumptions.

Uh I was just using a generic term for the part of the plot in pokemon games were the evil team or teams is involved. Plus I prefer not to make assumptions.

Well, but Aether got a Boss and 2 admins and lots of grunts. Maybe the Skulls are the good guys after all (but how disrupting the trials links with the Ultra Beings/Beasts is something i cant grasp by know.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
If its not a Pokemon and I can't catch it then I don't much care for Ultra Beasts. This one they showed is clearly a girls hair, wearing a hat, so is probably an important character trapped in another dimension or something.

.Aerodactyl.

Do you guys think all the Ultra beasts are gonna be a jelly-fish? Like, perhaps with just a different tentical arrangement so they don't look all the same? And UB 01 is just the Lillie-look-alike one?

Like, I'm not sure what to think... I also wonder if they could be Pokémon just by Lusamine's comment "even Pokémon from distant worlds far from Alola" comment... I really want to see one more ultra beast! Just to know if they are all gonna be completely different, or all just jelly fish.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I don't think Team Skull has the knowledge or resources to make Ultra Beasts. Aether, on the other hand...

I think it's going to be Colosseum and XD. Team Skull (Snagem) is just the low-level street gang and the real bad guys are Aether Foundation (Cipher)

roserade the warrior

Yeah, I think the same, I like them anyway, but I prefer the more "organic" ones over the inorganic.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
You know, I don't think I've ever been so "unnerved" by something so much in Pokemon until the introduction of UB-01. It looks strange, like it's too serene to actually exist, it's really weirding me out in the best way possible. It's creepy to the point of almost bringing back the fear of aliens I used to have as a child, the music really sets this off and seals the deal with the mystery.

BlitzGirl41

I still don't get how UB-01, which to me looks like a jellyfish, is called a "Beast". I don't think of jellyfish as "beasts". It just seems so random.

Orphalesion

Although a borderline crack borderline serious theory I'm thinking of is that the fact that it's seemingly emotionless as well as coming from another world is that Cyrus somehow made it.

*tinfoil hat* Cyrus actually succeeded in rewriting reality to some extend...that's the origin of the Mega-Evolution timeline and the UBs are either spawned by Cyrus mind as he lies dreaming in the neither regions of the cosmos or the sillborn last remnants of the old timeline O_O

Luthor

I'm hoping there won't be too many Ultra beasts. Keeping them rare will make them seem more special and if it got to UB-40 i wouldn't be able to stop laughing.

Orphalesion

I'm really happy about the Ultra Beasts though, it's nice that after 20 years they are giving us something more to battle than just the local "evil team".

This could bring a whole new dimension to Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.